All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. laura_juggles

Zoe's Kitchen - No longer W30?

I feel like the official stance, as with everything, is check the ingredients at each individual location.
  4. CHING

Starting Now

Day 3 for me. We got this!
  5. Krisgrunwald

Mayo not emulsifying using Ninja blender

Those high-powered ones will just cook the egg/dairy in the mayo. It’s like bringing a blowtorch to a kid’s camping trip. Weird metaphor/simile, I know. You need something a little weaker. I’d recommend checking out healthykitchen101, and looking up “blender” on their site search. That’s my favorite blog and I actually got an immersion blender off one of their review lists.
  6. FairyL0u

Day Zero

yesterday: Walked 8 miles + cycled 9 (before Bev's tyre gave out ) Meal 3 ended up being chilli made from some frying steak, tinned tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic, cumin, paprika, chillis, etc. with broccoli rice, mixed a teaspoon of ghee & some garlic granules into the 'rice' - bloody lovely today: meal one - eggs x2 & the rest of the broccoli rice meal 2 - the ubiquitous chicken salad meal 3, either chicken breast wrapped in am with roast peppers & mushrooms & onions or duck confit & veg.... ... up at 04:30 to run, 5 miles in quite pleasant summer drizzle, then home, shower, eat & walk into work (no bike due to tyre incident...)
  7. Pandora Black

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

Well we didn’t get the ribs ready in time so I had leftover chicken and steak (little portions).
  8. Pandora Black

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

I thought about buying a leg of lamb but it’s literally $50 and I think that’s insane. Also Whole Foods is sold out of it all the time.
  9. shrinkingsarah_

PCOS and Whole30

I have PCOS. at the beginning of my first round I decided to quit taking hormonal birth control cold turkey. I finished a pack and then just didn’t take another one. After my first full round I got my period on about day 38 (so mid reintro) and it’s been consistently coming every month between the 18th-20th since then. It’s been 13 months of birth control free, regular periods. I attribute it to the whole30 100%, considering I lost 18 pounds in my first round and more since then. My doctor contributes it to “coincidence” and asked me to go back on the pill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good luck! Healing your body through food is 100% possible. ツ
  10. SchrodingersCat

Pandora’s Whole 30 log

<3 ribs! I need to make some compliant BBQ sauce...
  11. SchrodingersCat

I love lamb!! We're lucky it's pretty cheap here.
  12. Pandora Black

Your food sounds so good! I want lamb, bad.
  13. SchrodingersCat

Zoe's Kitchen - No longer W30?

Hello! Was wondering if someone could clarify from the powers that be - Whole 30 social media is abuzz with the rumour that with the sale of Zoe's Kitchen to a new company, Whole30 items have been disappearing from the menu and things that were once compliant no longer are. If there an official stance on this?
  14. Julie G

Buffalo Butter

Ok. Thanks!!
  15. SchrodingersCat

I would sell my left leg for a seafood curry laksa. I might have to make a compliant one this weekend. Anywho... Meal 1: Hot smoked salmon and spicy kraut Meal 2: Chicken veggie soup Meal 3: Lamb shanks with potato and pumpkin mash, broccolini and brussels
  16. I missed my post last night - gotta get better at that. But I am faithfully recording in my companion book. I do have a NSV to report for the first week. The eczema that shows up when I am not eating right has disappeared. I am actually feeling pretty accomplished this evening. Been a crazy couple days at work, my husband is down with heat exhaustion, frustrated over not getting things done - but I am sitting in my recliner after dinner, NOT SNACKING. I actually went and looked in the cabinet, told myself I was NOT hungry and came to check posts for distraction. That is a big step back on the right path for me. I am doing this!
  17. This startled me - my daughter has this issue, after she did a round of W30 and some experimentation at the deli she works in, her culprit was discovered to be the (non-organic, hormone treated) chicken she was working with. If she keeps goves on so it doesn't touch her and does not eat any, she's fine. If she handles without gloves, she gets the rash again. My trigger for that is wheat in any way, shape, or form.
  18. @Rojobro I found it in the EasyPeasy recipe website - I have been using the precut cabbage and carrots that the local grocery does and have also tried mixing in a bag of broccoli slaw, which I really like. It makes 8 pretty decent sized servings. Ingredients Coleslaw ½ white cabbage (roughly 500g/1lb), finely sliced ½ red cabbage (roughly 500g/1lb), finely sliced 4 large carrots (roughly 400g/14oz) grated 4 spring onions finely sliced (plus extra for garnish) No Mayo Dressing 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar, or lemon juice) 4 teaspoons good quality Dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon) 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste) 8 tablespoons olive oil Method Prepare all the vegetables and set aside. Place all the ingredients for the No Mayo Dressing in a clean jam jar, screw on the lid tightly and shake until thoroughly combined. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix together thoroughly – scatter a few extra sliced spring onions over the top for decoration.
  19. I'm guessing the same people who can actually eat a 1/4 c serving of grain free granola and be happy with it? ;D
  20. ShannonM816

Casava Root

For recipes, look for AIP (autoimmune protocol) recipes, they won't have peppers or tomatoes or eggs, so they might fit what you're needing a little better. Here's some that say they're also whole30 compliant, though I haven't looked at every single one of them to double check: https://meatified.com/30-aip-whole30-recipes/. Tortillas or wraps are not ok because it's re-creating a bread-like product, but you could roast the cassava or make mashed cassava.
  21. Yesterday
  22. mflan

Casava Root

So I am on day 8 -- and determined. But struggling with what I cannot include..... I am celiac, fibro, CFS -- So I get how to just not eat certain foods. So for me it is the basic - NO on all grains, alcohol, sugar, legumes and all dairy. Was already off cow dairy. But then I need to add the night shades, and through allergy testing, shellfish, nuts, sesame, turkey (not sure about other fowl), chicken eggs - but am okay with duck eggs. And I have a list of fruits and vegetables that I need to rotate. Yes - I feel like I have lost my mind and it is easier to just not eat. So where are there recipes for me... Because many of the spice combinations include paprika or chili etc... many of the recipes have tomatoes - etc.... So I believe all the roots are okay. Can I make a tortilla out of Casava root - or is that too processed?
  23. @True Primal The guidelines in the article linked in this thread do not align with the meal template (or the books for that matter). So I think the comparison is this website link (https://whole30.com/2019/02/whole30-pre-workout-post-workout/) versus the more formal Whole30 documentation (i.e., books and meal template). I think the biggest differences for me are (1) carbs before a workout instead of fat and (2) the allowance (and even endorsement) of fruit.
  24. kirbz

Pre workout near lunch time

@themadisonvibe Are you working out before or after you actually eat your lunch? I'm assuming before... Based on the old guidelines, I would usually eat a hardboiled eggs and some macadamia nuts or coconut flakes before a workout. However, I don't have a sensitive stomach so that didn't bother me. I would then eat a couple of cubes of chicken breast and a couple of cubes of sweet potato. Then I'd shower, get ready, and then have a proper lunch. I'm not yet sure what I'd do under the new guidelines... But I outlined what I think the general rules are in the comment above.
  25. What's the other guideline that the link at the top differs from? Is there a URL for the other one, or is it referring to one of the books..?
  26. kirbz

Pre workout near lunch time

@Samantha Ribeiro For what it's worth, I've been struggling with understanding and applying these new guidelines too. Here's how I've broken down my own interpretation in a more simple format: Pre-Workout: 2-3 hours before workout; combination of protein and high-fiber carbohydrate IntraWorkout (for continuous, moderate-to-high intensity workouts longer than 45 minutes): protein and fruit juice or fruit Post-Workout: within 60 minutes; lean protein, high-fiber carbohydrates, and lots of veggies Though I'll be honest that I'm still working out how that translates into actual food I consume before, during, and after a workout. I plan to start another Whole30 here pretty soon so I hope to experiment and figure it out then!
  27. SchrodingersCat

Ended up eating 3 tiny chocolate eggs, left over from Easter last night. I didn't even enjoy them and have no real reason I ate the second and third after the first was meh. At least I stopped at 3? I'd chuck the rest but I'm going to use them in a dessert for an event in a couple of weeks instead. Bonus is, they don't seem to have done me any harm.
  28. Aliem999

Allison's Whole 30 Log

Day 21 (Monday) Husband brought home pizza for dinner tonight. I was only a little jealous, because I am not a huge fan of round table, but if it had been from a place I love, it would have been so hard! Otherwise the day went okay. My daughter is sick though so that has been a pain. Hopefully she feels better soon! Breakfast (8:00 AM): sauteed sweet peppers, chorizo patties and strawberries with coconut Lunch (1 PM): burger with mayo, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms and lettuce. side of cole slaw. Dinner (6:30 PM): some hash. was hungry later so had crispy prosciutto. Wednesday I have an all day event. I got some less then optimal snacks to tide me through. Though I may leave early and grab a burger on my way back for lunch. My goal is just to be complaint that day, not necessarily the meal plan template.
  1. Load more activity