All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. arethamorce

What do you drink?

I'm enjoying my tea, it is also effective especially when it comes to intestinal problems unlike smoking’s quick reaction time, cannabis-infused teas have a longer build due to the digestive tract’s absorption of the liquid’s active ingredients. It is beneficial on treating chronic illnesses like this https://blimburnseeds.com/news/tag/pure-factory/ It has a lot of medical uses especially on some chronic illnesses and helps relieves pain and mood swings
  3. Today
  4. It looks like our trip will be the last weekend of August, which is Labor Day weekend - we'll get 4 days!!! I wonder, does Katy Bowman disclose what kind of diet she keeps? Is the MovNat crowd Paleo-oriented like the Cross Fit folk? I used to wring my hands a lot about carbs, etc, for big endurance days like Katy's 20-miler, and our backpacking, which could be 9-12 mi. or so miles depending on the elevation gains. 20 miles! The longest hike we've ever done in a day was 17 miles. It was flat, and we were pretty worn out, especially our feet, at the end! 20 miles sure is impressive. I think for our purposes I'd like to do something sooner...what do you think? This week has been easy 2-3 milers. Straight up the mountain, and straight back down, with a little rolling in between. Heaven! For a little extra strength work, i climb the (livestock) fences instead of using the gates. I've got the sleep aid benefit onboard already, yay! Next week I'll be ready for one day of modest increase, and I don't know if it will be distance or a bit of running. Probably it will be safer for a month or so to increase by distance and wait until after that to add any trail running. I'll probably shoot for Fridays for the increase days. I know our work schedules are different, and you might usually have to wait until the weekend? The buddy system, knowing us, will survive that! I just had another idea, since I'm such a creature of habit, I could/should add a new yoga pose once in a while...and I haven't done any inversions yet. I need to find the right wall...I have filled up the spaces with art and bookcases...have to work on that. Enjoy your day off!! Shovelling sounds like a great work out. Today I was remembering how your rocked your reintros, and did so well staying on program in 2018 after our first December W30. It was a full, wonderful day. Still have some chores to do, so, happy long weekend to you!
  5. doubledee

SchrodingersCat's Round 2 diary - starting 12 May 2019

I need to get a mandoline! That looks delicious, but slicing the potatoes that thinly with a knife would kill me!
  6. AliciaRenee08

Beginning June 1

Hey y’all! This is will be my first Whole 30 and I’m very excited and nervous! I just finished reading the book and I’m now making it public! Good luck everyone!!
  7. Hi all! I started my Whole30 today and I'm jazzed about it so far! I liked the idea of having a log of everything I did, so I can keep track of recipes I've cooked and liked and try to write down how I feel on a day-to-day basis. I'm also going to be making a collage of my food every day (or at least as much of it as I can manage to take a picture of). It's worth noting that this is my first day in 493 days without calorie counting; I truly felt like I ate as much as I wanted, but didn't feel guilty or set back by it, which is a personal win! Also, I am planning to wean myself off of snacking gradually. I know it's discouraged, but I've historically been a six-small-meals-a-day-and-then-some kind of girl, and I think I'm staying true to the program by making sure to use compliant ingredients. Pictured: Iced coffee with flax milk Arugula and jalapeño chicken sausage egg cups; sweet potato rounds Guacamole chicken salad on sweet potato "bread"; arugula salad 1/3 pack of roasted seaweed snacks Radishes; carrots Grilled chicken salad with scallions, carrots, cucumber, mint, and coconut aminos; GT's watermelon kombucha Not pictured: 2 squares of Montezuma Absolute Black chocolate (100% cacao solids) 1/2 mango Exercise: About 90 minutes (~13.5k steps) of walking to and from work and about town Feelings: Today I woke up feeling really bloated, which is unsurprising because I ate all the non-compliant foods I possibly could yesterday; the fact that I had such an adverse reaction to that gives me hope that adhering to the program will do something, though. One thing that I noticed in the afternoon is that, although I don't feel particularly energetic, I feel really well-nourished. Maybe it's a placebo. I got REALLY tired in the late afternoon, which is when I usually have sugary snack attacks. Interesting that I can detect this already. See you all tomorrow!
  8. doctorintraining

Day 23 and I'm not feeling all that many NSVs

ok, great, so my lunches are fine. i'll add the avocado to my eggs once i can get to the store this weekend. my dinner has coconut milk in the cauliflower rice, which I figured was also a plated fat. i'll try to think of another fat to add to my beef basil stir fry with the cauliflower rice. thank you!
  9. SchrodingersCat

Yup, the mayo counts as a plated fat
  10. doctorintraining

Does the mayonnaise in the cabbage cole slaw count as a plated fat? there's probably 1.5-2 tablespoons per serving.d my proteins are definitely following the meal template. my veggies at some meals could be more - like breakfast is definitely not 2 cups. my lunch/dinner is usually about 2 cups of vegetables and 4 oz of chicken/beef/turkey/etc. i usually add some avocado to my eggs in the morning, just forgot them this week. but the smoked salmon is pretty fatty so I thought that'd be ok? i'll be more conscious of including more plated fats the next few days. thanks for the snack suggestions! i do love olives so will look into the olive snack packs or just put some in a ziplock. and thanks! it's definitely an insane schedule but I figure if my schedule isn't going to be the healthiest I should at least be good about what I'm putting in my body.
  11. SchrodingersCat

Day... 13? I'm losing count. Meal 1: Sri Lankan curry with aforementioned veg. Meal 3: Cotechino with sauteed cabbage, carrots and broccolini, sweet potato rounds. Tomorrow AM we're off to Sydney just for 36 hours. I think I've posted about this before. There's a burger place which does a compliant salad I can have, and which the hubster loves enough to go more than once. We may be having brunch with friends on Sunday before flying home, but I'll just get poached eggs with sauteed mushrooms and spinach (cooked in oil, not butter). I've also found a seafood restaurant which does grilled fish of the day with steamed broccolini which is listed as dairy free - I'll make sure they don't flour it in anything and have that.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Wow, you certainly have lots going on right now! You're amazing for committing to and sticking with Whole30 with such a hectic schedule! My gut says you aren't eating enough in general. You don't provide a ton of information about portions but make sure you're following the meal template in terms of portion sizes. If you haven't seen the meal template, here it is: https://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf. It might be worth trying to eat on the upper end of the template for a few days and see how that makes you feel. I'd also encourage you to really focus on having at least one serving of plated fat with each meal, especially since you're likely on your feet all day. Fat is so, so important to achieving pretty much any of those NSVs we're looking for! It looks like a couple of your meals don't have any plated fat. So perhaps give that a try? It might even be worth having some fat as a snack. I love snack packs of olives (Oloves is a brand that is mostly compliant) and snack packs of coconut butter (Artisana Organics is fabulous). Those would be super easy to carry around in your white coat. Anyway, best of luck to you!!
  14. SchrodingersCat

I ended up using this recipe with compliant stock and ghee instead of butter and it was AMAZING!!!! https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/crisp-potato-gratin/c834fe9e-d266-410b-8084-06362fa07f55
  15. ladyshanny

Poo Questions

Is the "seed/nut" looking poo stuff dark like coffee grinds? Or light colored? I would probably say if your poos are pleasant and odorless and you aren't experiencing bloating or pain or discomfort, you're probably just adjusting to a revision in your diet. if you are concerned it's always best to seek out a medical professional though. (<-- legal disclaimer)
  16. No apologies necessary; I think it's a great idea! What date did you settle on for your backpacking trip? Is it too far away for it to work for our goal setting? If so, maybe we could have an intermediate goal on the way to a more long-term one. I like the idea of doing one longer hike/walk every week but haven't made it happen. That's a Katy Bowman thing, too. I think she does a 20 miler once a week? once a month? I took the day off of work tomorrow so I'll have a long weekend. Part of it is supposed to involve quality time with a shovel but we're having logistical problems getting compost. It will work out eventually. I know there's a shovel in my future and that's good; I like shovelling for some crazy reason. Maybe it's because I'm feeding the soil and my body all at the same time. Solidarity!
  17. Boriqua

Whole 30 compliant

Phew, awesome. Yes it makes complete sense now, I was under the understanding you had to start from scratch. Nonetheless, I'm going in for the finish line. I'm on 2nd wk but was planning on extending an extra week. Thank you and yes starting to feel a little better.
  18. That's so funny...I've been slowly coming around to thinking the same thing (surprise!)...we're finally learning to ride our own bikes! Well, it's a process! I like your metaphor of training wheels. I'm also thinking of the Meadowlily wisdom, not needing to do so many W30s...didn't she say you only need to do it once? Well, we obviously needed to do three...but good that we are exactly where we are at now. = ) Also, it was silly of me to impose a 5K on either of us...I got carried away. I'm sorry. I don't even know if I will be capable of a 5K to be honest. But I'm right there with you for a strenuous hike any time. It seems like there is a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. You're making me want to look up that old episode of Lucy, with the golf game..sounds funny! It's been too long since I've watched those old wonderful shows. I'm game for a date, and taking the solidarity into that realm! Speaking of dates, my husband and I have to put our calendars together and set a date for our backpacking trip. Meanwhile, I'm having a good week with the morning hikes, and soon I'll be ready to schedule in a "long" hike, and do a long one once per week.
  19. Ktbkitten

Poo Questions

So for my first post on here I need to ask about some poo issues...hooray... I am not new to Whole30 and this is the first time I’ve had any problems. I did some snooping and I can find some information but not answers as to what’s going on or if I should change my diet a bit. My BMs are pleasant. Not difficult to pass and no smell. However they are not always solid and it looks like there are seeds or gains in them. I’m only on Day 4 and my diet was not good previously. I was trying to add more whole grains for heart health, but I was gaining weight and felt awful. Stopped eating whole grains a few weeks ago and started Whole30 this past Monday. Everything else feels great. My energy is up, my waist is less bloated, sleep is good! Crave sugar like no tomorrow but everything else is great minus the odd poop. No stomach pains or any other symptoms. Here’s my basic meals and I’m following the suggested portions breakfast: eggs and veggies cooked in oil. Mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, red yellow and orange peppers, and sweet potato. Lunch: grilled chicken or shrimp. Salad with tons of veggies or side of veggies. Whole30 approved dressing if I have slaked. Avocado dinner: meat like chicken, steak, deer and veggies like broccoli asparagus summer squash or zucchini too add fat I’ll have olives or nut (which I know can show up but it’s too much to be the little bit of nuts I’ve had) to meals when needed ive never had problems with these food types before so I don’t think it’s a FODMAP thing I’m out of ideas thanks!!
  20. yeah i think we're struggling to feel good about tonnes of fat, you're right on that count!
  21. Your meals don't look too bad altho some of them are missing a plated fat entirely so you'd be well off to add fat to those meals such as the first one and the third one. Make sure you're salting your food to taste and drinking 1/2oz of water per pound of body weight and getting enough rest and you should start to feel bettter shortly. One thing to keep in mind is that if you're needing to snack because you can't go 4-5 hours between meals, then make your meals bigger altho adding that fat to each meal should help as well. If you have to snack while you get meal sizes sorted, go for protein and fat instead of fruit and nuts, dried fruit and nut butters
  22. i'm being funny about the toast, but yes actually i am managing to eat starch & alternating to keep it interesting with carrot, potato, sweet potato and beets mainly, i'm adhering to the meet-veg ratios, and we're def eating a lot more meat than we're used to. we've been eating things like: -compliant smoked salmon w fried egg on wilted spinach & oven roasted potatoes -scrambled eggs w compliant sausage, roasted potato, avocado, mushroom & tomato -thyme chicken w lettuce, tomato, snap peas and mashed sweet potato -sheet pan fajita w/ onion, beef, red pepper & homemade guac -snacks of almonds or walnuts and 2 dates -fruit 2x a day as part of breakfast or snack w almond butter late in the day -homemade squash soup w coconut milk & homemade zucchini-potato fritters cooked in ghee and i've just had a chicken breast salad w cucumber, green onion, and avocado. any insight is appreciated! <3
  23. Sorry you don't feel well It's not uncommon to not feel great in the first week but maybe if you give us a rundown of what you've been eating over the past few days we can see if anything stands out. Are you doing a vegan/vegetarian version of the program? The fact you think toast will solve the problem makes me think to ask if you're eating starchy carbs at at least one meal a day?
  24. first time whole30-er on day 5 and WOW do i feel dizzy and strangely emotional? we're already a GF family that ate largely (but not strictly) vegan. i'm already feeling super full after i eat, whereas the first 3 days i was ready to eat the entire fridge... i'm not suffering from a lack of calories... what is going ooooooon i feel awful and am almost 100% sure a piece of toast would solve all my issues
  25. Plantas

I'm STARVING!!!

My bootcamp trainer led us through a Whole30 last November and he kept reminding us to eat potatoes and sweet potatoes with our meals. They're really good roasted in the oven with some olive oil and herbs. Leftovers can go into a scramble or fritatta in the morning or a lunch salad. I am not doing a whole30 right now, but I still try to use the meal template. I just feel better when I do. The plated fat is hard to get used to, but if you make your own mayo or dump ranch, it's super tasty. I remember the Snackwell craze too! Those devils food cookies were like amphetamines with all that sugar. I ate them to stay awake to study.
  26. You know what? I think it's just really riding our own bikes! Maybe we've been tootling around with training wheels on and we're finally getting far enough along in our journey to make our own N=1 plan: my bike ride will look a bit different from yours. You're right, mental focus IS huge. Maybe that's why the team motivation works so well for me; it gives me focus. As we know, knowledge is power so, armed with these realizations, I think we're both in a good place to make a plan that includes the parts of W30 that we want to either strictly or closely adhere to while also including a weight loss component. Less wobbling and more focus will ultimately lead to our desired outcomes. I like your idea of finding an event to aspire towards but I hate to admit that I've never been a fan of running. I wish I liked it because it's so convenient but this is our game and we can make the rules. Nothing says it has to be the same type of event, does it?! Haha that makes me thing of the I Love Lucy episode when she and Ethyl played golf against Fred and Ricky after Fred and Ricky made up all kinds of wack-a-doodle rules to discourage them from playing. Were you a Lucy fan? Anyway, we used to go to Virginia every October for a music festival and always piggy-backed a camping/hiking trip onto it. Because I really wanted to enjoy the hikes and not be miserable, I trained for them pretty well. That's not to say a couple of them didn't kick my butt but I survived and had great fun. Maybe we should pick something, anything and make that a goal- maybe a 5K for you and a strenuous hike for me, or something like that.
  27. SugarcubeOD

Whole 30 compliant

The silk one with the ingredients shown is compliant. As for the cough syrup, its likely not that which gave you a splitting headache - those usually come with cold and flu. It's definitely up to you whether you start over or not - some people depending on what day they're on just add a couple days to the end so if you were on Day 2 when the cold syrup happened, you could do a 'whole32' instead... makes it easier for some people to stomach starting over. We do have a 100% compliance policy for Whole30 but we're also not jerks that expect you to suffer with colds/flus/migraines etc... so as an adult, you get to make the choice of what medicines to take knowing that they're not usually compliant. Did that make sense? Hope you feel better soon!
  28. doctorintraining

Not as much as I would like. I keep a 16 oz bottle in my white coat that I take sips from between surgeries. We can’t scrub out to use the restroom during a procedure so I try not to drink too much if I know I’ll be in there for a long surgery (some are up to 11 hours straight!). I probably drink about 3 of those bottles throughout the day (I drink a lot after work at dinner and in the morning). My normal is 64+ oz so 48 is a big reduction but I’m doing the best I can.
  1. Load more activity