Third time lucky

melbournegirl

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 7, nearly a week! It's been easier staying compliant this time around but I have felt more miserable due to the caffeine withdrawal and getting back into exercise. Looking forward to being pain free again sometime soon!

6km walk at 530am

M1 pumpkin soup with chicken, cucumber, blueberries with a splash of coconut cream

M2 chicken with salad, sweet potato and strawberries

M3 pork ribs and vege mix plus cantaloupe, Brazil nuts and kale.Raisins and apricots.

Feeling hungry tonight... Maybe I need more fat?

Day 9, good sleep, I am starting to wake up earlier naturally now

Body combat at 6am

M1 apple, sweet potato with a spoon of coconut milk, beef and vege soup/curry, crio bru

Looking forward to work today, first session of a new project.

Sore from running yesterday but manageable...

M2 tuna salad plate and juice x2.... Better than coffee at least

M3 turkey mince with veg and raisins, plus some melon

Feeling quite tired now at 7pm

Day 10, time is going by quite nicely. Slept from 830 to about 5am, the a 6km slow run

M1 last of the beef veg curry soup and a bowl of blueberries with some coconut milk

M2 pumpkin soup, half an avocado, left over mince and veg, strawberries and half my salad (too full to eat it all) followed by a lunchtime walk.

M3 rolled veal with bacon, roast veg and broccoli, broth from the pans, some raspberries and too many cashews.... Feeling very full now :(

Day 11, woke up at 515 and didn't feel the need for a rest day so went for a run.

Technically I have broken my whole30 as I had four grams of sugar yesterday in a cocoa bar but going to ignore For the greater good

M1 bacon, eggs, tomato, spinach and sweet potato

M2 last of the turkey mince with salad plus some avocado at 2pm then went for a walk

M3 salad, roast veg, olives and baked chicken then a bit later some raspberries and cc.

Tummy has felt sore all day due to last nights nuts :( scalp has flared too, wonder if its related? Omega 6 inflammation? I have excluded coffee and cocoa before with some success but may never have excluded nuts and seeds in the 5 years I have had scalp problems..... Hmm

Day 12, took forever to get to sleep last night but still woke up at 515am for a 6 km walk.

Soooo enjoying my M1 right now of broccoli and pine nuts with sesame oil, carrots and bacon!

Wish my tummy would settle though.

Tabata interval class at my gym followed by post WO of an apple, some chicken and avocado

M2 salad, sweet potato chips, baked kale, ghee and beef burger

M3 dinner out baked mushroom that may have had a little butter in and baked salmon and veg that should be okay, cooked in olive oil. Had some dates and cashews when I got home as the meal was pretty verge really. Hubby and I both agreed we can cook most restaurant meals we would eat much better at home but it was a duty dinner so mission accomplished.

Day 13

M1 zucchini soup, broccoli and chicken, blueberries with coconut

M2 beef burger, salad, pumpkin soup plus ome dates and nuts

M3 pork carnitas yum yum plus baked veg, broccoli and beans. Then my second transgression :( made a swypo pudding with eggs, sweet potato, raisins and coconut. Feeling stuffed now!

I chose to do this so no real excuse but funny enough I am doing so much better on this whole30 in general, not feeling deprived at all, not snacking hardly at all and not overeating either so if that's what it takes to eat healthy for a month, I'm okay with that. We are all on our own journey after all. And the whole30 is a tool I am trying to use rather than a badge I need to earn. Hats off to the people that do do a perfect whole30 though!

Day14

6km slow jog

Post WO some leftover pork and a mouthful of sweet potato

M1 3 scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, zucchini and tomato soup, a small piece of sweet potato.

Noticed my face was a bit rashy after my run, something I ate yesterday or just sweat?

M2 steak and salad and some sort of citrus. Was supposed to be a mandarin, hubby thought it was a blood orange but I think it was a ruby grapefruit. Sure smelt like grapefruit.

Busy at work and rainy so no walk, but did my first yoga class in 6 months after dinner ...yay

M3 small serve chicken and veg

Some pork carnitas scraps after yoga

I think the no-SWYPO is most important for the first Whole30, if your first Whole30 was all pancakes and muffins, doesn't really encourage you to build new habits. But long term, I think SWYPO is okay if it's not all you eat. 

Do you ever sprout/soak your nuts? I'm thinking of doing it my next Whole30, see if it makes much of a difference. Or maybe just have brazil and hazelnuts, but hazelnuts are getting harder to find and not good to eat too many brazils (selenium) :(

Thanks for the reassurance pp, I was hoping for some LOL. Great idea re the nuts, I must try it. I don't usually react so badly or so I thought but then maybe because I had a great week digestive wise then having them after a break I just really noticed the effect? I also had coconut cream and avocado which I mostly try to avoid so that may have compounded the effect.

I like the selenium due to anti cancer, is it bad for you because of a condition? Or everyone?

I've noticed you often feel sick after cashews, but sometimes you just say nuts, so I might be thinking of cashews unfairly ;)

There is an upper limit on selenium, I used to eat more than the limit, so I stick to three nuts, mostly because I love them so I need to count them lol http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Selenium-HealthProfessional/ (see the UL level is 400mcg - 6-8 nuts is over 500mcg)

Fortunately, nothing much besides Brazils seems to be crazy-high in selenium, so I don't count it in anything else.

Thanks pp, hmm I wonder if it is cashews, I often feel queasy when I eat them. Thanks for the link, I will look at it tonight.

Interesting read. Not eating grains and dairy will limit selenium in diet for me at least. Normal DV are minimums. It is interesting that upper limits are specified, would be curios to know if this actually applies to food ingestion or has only ever been linked to supplement ingestion.

Good to not make Brazil nuts a daily habit anyway.

Day15 sleep in...

M1 baked kale, pumpkin soup and a beef burger with ghee, nice and simple this morning

Pre WO 2 boiled eggs and a mandarin

6km lunchtime run, took a minute off my time, rained most of the day but I got the sun!

M2 late, baked chicken and veg, 2 kiwi fruits

M3 beef and chicken stir fry, baked potato with bacon, cocoa

Day17 went to bed early last night because i was so tired and woke up still tired despite nine hours sleep, what gives?

M1 baked chicken, pumpkin, avocado, carrots and blueberries with some coconut milk... Seeing if more carbs/fat helps.

Lunch out today, not sure what I can eat but I have my emergency tin of tuna ready.

M2 was easy, had beef with ginger, carrots and broccoli, no garlic or sauce, it was great!

M3 steak, potato, pumpkin, zucchini

Aerobics then post WO dried apricots and pinenuts

I've had several days like that this time around.  Exhausted, early night, wake up still tired.  It's never been more than one day in a row, if that helps. I always assume it's my body healing itself, at least I hope that's what it is!

Hope you found something to eat at the place you went for lunch!  Happy 17!

Wow, day 18, by the time I am back from my beach house day 20 will be done. Not feeling much smaller but definitely feeling firmer. Gym mirrors are still depressing but at least I am being active
M1 yummy meal of raw carrots, tomato and zucchini soup, mushrooms cooked in ghee, 2 eggs and bacon.

snack - lots of free fruit... because it was free :(

M2 leftover mince, veg, pear

snack - tuna and a mandarin

M3 late - roast beef and veg at a pub on the way to my beach house

Had to cook before I could eat today. Made up a mince and veg dish and a big pot of soup.

M1 cantaloupe and turkey mince with carrot and zucchini

Wen for a bike ride and then a short run.

M2 big salad with tuna, olives, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, some tomato soup and now waiting for some sweet potato to cook

Bacon for a snack, not really hungry, just wanted to eat something.... then had some melon

M3 steak, pumpkin, carrots, a bit of fruit salad... avoided the potatoes, peas and corn that everyone else had

Day 20, had a nice sleep in. Dreamed I was at a buffet and all the dishes had corn, rice, tofu, onion or garlic.... funny that desserts and dairy weren't even on my radar....

Felt a bit cravy yesterday, PMT???

M1 a small piece of steak and a bowl of soup, prior to bacon and eggs.

Half hour walk and half hour run. Post WO mandarin and steak

M2 salad with avocado, olives and turkey mince with veg on top.

I am really enjoying my food at the moment, all those fresh flavours.... I think alcohol and coffee dulled my taste buds

Half hour roller blading with my son

Early M3 of frittata with parsley, chard and tomatoes and seeds and yeast, plus sweet potato with coconut milk, plus some dried fruit.... Hungry cravy again... Cocoa then closed the kitchen!

Archived