About to get started and scared!

jbasel31

Ok, I have all my food ready to go and I am seriously freaked out about starting. I know that sounds so whiny but I am just so scared to fail....again. It's like, how many times can you fail and then try something else?! My hubby seriously thinks I'm a lunatic for giving this a go and I'm really worried about not seeming too Whole 30 crazy when a situation arrives where I have to stand my ground. Any words to give me some courage to wake tomorrow and go for it? I just sat here and thought of all the things I ate today that aren't Whole 30 and it seems so odd to cut all that out. Does that make any sense?! Am I rambling?

I get the being scared/nervous. I was too. But I quickly learned that there is SOOO much delicious food to eat on Whole30. Here are some sites to get some amazing and generally easy recipes:

Of course--ISWF has some great recipes. I made Moroccan porkchops tonight and they were delish!

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/ Most recipes Whole30 compliant. Also, her book Well Fed is fantastic (if you don't already have it).

http://nomnompaleo.com/ Many recipes Whole30 compliant--read ingredients. She has recipes on her site and she also has a wonderful cookbook iPad app.

http://everydaypaleo.com/ Many recipes Whole30 compliant--read ingredients

http://beta.primal-p...tegory/recipes/ Many recipes Whole30 compliant--read ingredients. Also has a nifty filter on the left to filter out recipes containing dairy and sugar

Learn what things you really want to keep on hand for easy grabbing when you need something quick. I keep hard boiled eggs, tuna, chopped veggies, olives, fruit and plenty of avocados so that I can have something in a pinch when I haven't planned ahead.

Also, this forum is FULL of support--use us!

Best wishes. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Let me tell you. I'm on Day 5 and this program isn't just about the food, it's about your connection with food emotionally and physically. For me I wanted to regain control over my food choices again and emotionally connect with why I do things. You can take a look at my log under Jeannie's whole 30 day 2 and beyond. I have listed my meals and my experiences everyday. This might help you. I used to be 350+ lbs and have always struggled with the last 25-30 lbs. I lose them and gain them back. I know it's not just the food but the emotional part that I gain them back, I also want a lifestyle and not a diet I can live with. That's why I chose to do this. Think of this as an opportunity to change your life and prove everyone wrong. You can do it! :)

You can definitely do this! You have the food ready now the rest is execution. There will be tough days and that is what this forum is for we will support you and prop you up when you need it. If family is not on board get your support here. I am on Day 16 now and it isn't just about the food I feel that a fog has been lifted around my brain and my emotions are getting on a more even keel. There have been days where I have been upset and I took some time for me and cried it out and more importantly for me I didn't grab sugary foods to help me!

So take the next 30 days to give yourself some TLC with nourishing foods that will sate your appetite and give your body the nutrition it needs.

Be Well!!! :)

I understand how you feel. Been there many times myself.

Focus on all the delicious food you will be cooking and eating. Before I started W30, I took a couple of hours and reviewed a bunch of recipes on The Clothes Make the Girl, Nom Nom Paleo, Foodee Whole30 compliant, and Chowstalker Whole30 compliant.

Then I bought a bunch of spices - some of which I never used before or in new combinations. I cleaned up and rearranged my kitchen. I have always loved cooking, but somewhere on my weight loss journey, I grew bored and discouraged.

But since I started Whole30, I am having a blast. I'm really trying to make this fun and creative, and an all-around positive experience. Maybe that's something that can help you as well!

The best advice I can give you is to eat enough food at each meal. Because the food is so nourishing and higher fat, I know that I tend to eat a lot less. But eaing a full meal is much more satiating and will keep you from snacking.

Good luck with it!

No fear! The first 3 days are the hardest. Then, it gets much easier. I have found that social situations have been easier to deal with than expected. No one has asked (or even appeared to notice) that I've been eating differently. As long as I don't make a big deal out of it, they don't either.

I'm on Day 6. The day I started, I wasn't sure I would make it more than a couple of days, most. Giving up cheese? Wine? Butter??? But this is working for me, and I am so NOT feeling deprived. I had a slight headache on and off for the first 2-3 days, but it is now gone, and I am feeling pretty darned good (physically and mentally). Good luck, you can totally do this!!

Archived