Triathlon Teacher's First Whole30+

sheba-kitty

Well, onions might not be the culprit. I was in the bathroom again this morning, same issue as yesterday. I think it might be the nuts. I had more last night and looks like they have turned into a food with no breaks for me and eating a lot of them means a bad bathroom experience the next day. So that needs to change for so many reasons. I think this came to be since I bought a huge tub o nuts at Costco, where previously I had bought small amounts from the bulk bins. More on hand... More being eaten...

Yesterday I shopped and prepped. Got a beef stew made that finished in the slow cooker over night.

Finally had success for mayo

Made guacamole

Prepped up veggies

Cleaned and cleaned.. And cleaned some more ( but just in the kitchen, the rest of the house is a disaster! )

Still trying to get rid of the worst fruit fly infestation EVAR.

So my dinner was late and too small, since despite all my prep, there was nothing really ready to eat yet. Hence the nut binge.

Today I need to clean the living room, do a bit of gardening, pre-make my b-fasts, lunches and dinners to prep for the week, return things to Costco (might skip that and do it next week) and do some laundry! And I think the dog needs a walk! I got a new pedometer yesterday since I drowned my fitbit so need to set that up and test it out. Plus I got a couple good new books from the library to get started on. I also think I should set up my bike trainer. I need to get some seat time in before my bike race this coming weekend and the weather is looking ify. Thinking about making a new rule that TV can only be on IF I am exercising.

Menu this week: dinners

Greek chicken (an adapted recipe from one of my old weight watchers books.. Skipping the feta, but it has lots of good olives!) thinking about having this on one of my reintro days and eating it with either some goat cheese in place of the feta or come couscous.

Beef stew (mainly my own recipe, but some suggestions from "Paleo slow cooker" book)

Chezh pork meatballs (well feed) with zoodles or spaghetti squash... Have tons of both so might try a little of each to see which works better for meatballs.

Country chicken (well feed) with garlic kale

Lunch options:

Chicken taco salad

Beef stew

Green veg salad

Also planning on making a paelo chocolate "ice cream" "cake" for the weekend celebration. After my bike race and to celebrate my 30+ days of awesome healthy eating. It is dates,bananas, nuts etc... All approved foods except with some chocolate and honey which will be for my sugar reintro. Going reduce the recipe and make them in muffin cups to prevent bingeing!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My beef stew came out GREAT! Also made compliant paleo fish and chips tonight for dinner. I loved it, but the hubby would prefer the real thing. I relaxed most of the day and didn't do a ton of things. I definately ate more starchy veggies than green ones today.. So with the over indulged nuts and this... I feel myself slipping a little at the end here. Pushing the boundries a little too much.

Then The day ended sadly. My neighbor had to put down his dog. Karma and my dog Charger have been best friends for 10 years. We all got to say good bye. But it was heartbreaking for everyone. I really want to break into my wine that I bought for tuesday. But i will snuggle my pup instead and get my lunches ready for this week.

Poor doggie. That stinks. We had to put our dog down this spring and it was pretty intense. So sad when an animal is in pain and they look to you to care for them and you are out of options. Pet ownership is harder than it first seems...

That is so exciting you're almost to 30! Can't wait to hear how reintroduction goes! Sounds like you have some good ideas. Of course I'm most interested in how the wine works out!

Gah! How do I delete my double post? All I can do is edit it. Maybe because I'm on my phone. Sorry bout that.

No worries, didn't see the double post so it might have just been a viewing glitch on your phone.

I know the day that I have deal with Charger is going to be just as hard for both of us. (My family and the neighbor's) it was an honor to be able to say good bye to her... My Charger even got to kiss her goodbye.

Final day went great..

I made the most AMAZING stir fry for dinner. Ordered my awesome boots (my reward for completing the whole30)

Then did my measurments and started a reintro log.

Weight: 199.9 on Aug 1

Measurements on Aug 9

T: 25. Thigh

H: 46. Hips

W: 38. Waist

B: 46 bust

A: 13 arm

Measurements on Sept 9

weight: 189 down 10 pounds!

T: 23 (down 2″)

H: 45 (down 1″)

W: 38 same

B: 43 (down 3″)

A: 13 same

Lots of non scale improvements too...

Better sleep

Waking up easily

Needing very little caffine (3-6 cups a day spread out throughout the day to 1 small one. In the am)

Clear skin

More energy especially mental clarity

Enjoying creating new fresh and fun ways to eat veggies and lots of great cooking experiments and improvements.

Not feeling sore every time I get out of bed in the am, less shoulder and foot pain

Low cravings and strong will power ability to avoid off plan foods

Understanding when I am really hungry and not just habit craving

Arrggg... Just lost my post.

Getting blood work tomorrow

My last test was 8/2012 over a year ago

Triglycerides 78

Cholesterol 230

HDL Cholesterol 55

Direct LDL 159

Chol/HDL 4.2

LDL/HDL 2.9

My best year was 2010 when I was training for an did my first century bike ride and 4 triathlons. My worst year was the year prior, before I really got working on the food and exercise. Sadly, owning the restaurant... STRESS, lack of exercise and skimping on eating right made all my health numbers go all wrong in every way. So crossing fingers that things look better this time.

My super old dog is having a very rough night, he has been cheating death for about 4 years now... And his little girl friend pup died last week. He is very uncomfortable tonight and having trouble with his back legs.

On top of that it was our first full week with the kids, so a bit tired, emotionally exhausted from meeting the needs of our kids. Physically tired from doing 6000+ steps everyday (trying to get up to 10,000 though)

AND my period should start tomorrow and I can feel it coming.

Never mind that I am feeling unprepared for my 42 mile bike ride on sunday where I will most likely be riding with cramps and in the rain.

Thankful to not have ANY crap food in the house and enough will power to keep myself from going to the store! Because a big vat of ice cream and a bottle of wine would have been a previous solution to a night like tonight.

Blood work is done, I wish there was instant results... I probably wont hear till Tuesday. Need to make some breakfast now... The test had to be fasting and I accidentally went an hour early.. So now I am so hungry I dont have the energy to cook. Which I had something already cooked... But today is my plan and prep day so all the stuff I prepped last weekend is GONE!

I made some nomnom paleo pancakes (allowed now that I am in reintro phase) even though I ate with eggs and some fresh raspberries, I would need to eat twice as many to get satisfied in the way that my veggie breakfast stir fries have been. So they will have to be a rare treat. As it is, I will probably need to fry up some veggies here in a min because I am still way too hungry :(

Going to clean it back up and start posting my meals here for a little more accountability.

M1: 6:30am sausage, mushroom, spinach egg frittata and black coffee

M2: 12pm salad with 1/2 can salmon, veggies, a little chooped apple, some mixed chopped nuts and creamy italian dressing made with my homemade mayo. Lime and seltzer.

WO: 4pm some 2 date/nut balls during my 14 mile ride, water

Post-WO: 6pm HB egg and a couple slices apple, tea

Dinner: 7pm green chicken nomnom paleo, sweet pot fries and broccoli.

No off plan foods today... Too much wine and chocolate this past week.

Hey Beth,

I already did re intros... That is in a diff thread. I think I am riding my own bike and trying to stay clean and mainly paleo. The whole30 plan worked well and got me good results... But I just felt like I was getting too off course after my reintros and wanted to clean it back up. But not ready to go back to super strict again yet.

Today has been rough! Didn't sleep well last night due to my poor senior citizen dog being in pain and wanting attention. Woke up late and super tired. Rushed out of the house and went to starbucks.. First time there since july! So of course I was off road there! And also didn't have a lunch prepped... One of my roommates made a bunch of dirty dishes and didnt clean up. I have done SO MANY of my own dishes during the Whole30 I kinda had a personal pity party and refused to clean up his mess. so my ktichen was not in a cooking state... so Completely unprepared for good eating today. Also it is curriculum night so I will be here till after 8pm with no good food options. So off road today will be.

I am hoping the hubby does some cooking and cleaning today. As I would like to be on track tomorrow.

M1: banana, chocolate doughnut, soy latte

M2: salami, gouda cheese, apple

M3: no idea yet...

Hey Beth,

I already did re intros... That is in a diff thread. I think I am riding my own bike and trying to stay clean and mainly paleo. The whole30 plan worked well and got me good results... But I just felt like I was getting too off course after my reintros and wanted to clean it back up. But not ready to go back to super strict again yet.

Today has been rough! Didn't sleep well last night due to my poor senior citizen dog being in pain and wanting attention. Woke up late and super tired. Rushed out of the house and went to starbucks.. First time there since july! So of course I was off road there! And also didn't have a lunch prepped... One of my roommates made a bunch of dirty dishes and didnt clean up. I have done SO MANY of my own dishes during the Whole30 I kinda had a personal pity party and refused to clean up his mess. so my ktichen was not in a cooking state... so Completely unprepared for good eating today. Also it is curriculum night so I will be here till after 8pm with no good food options. So off road today will be.

I am hoping the hubby does some cooking and cleaning today. As I would like to be on track tomorrow.

M1: banana, chocolate doughnut, soy latte

M2: salami, gouda cheese, apple

M3: no idea yet...

It may be useful to start a log in the "post whole 30 log" section of the forum - there you can get support and advice from others "riding their own bikes" and living without the formal structure of a whole 30 :)

It may be useful to start a log in the "post whole 30 log" section of the forum - there you can get support and advice from others "riding their own bikes" and living without the formal structure of a whole 30 :)

Yup, that was what I was getting at with the questions. I know they like to keep the logs in this section strictly W30 so as not to confuse people who are new. Come join us in post whole 30 land! The water is fine!

Archived