30 days up, and the verdict is.....

Irish Rose

Well I did it! I haven't lost weight but I had already been on my health and fitness journey for some time previously and lost 20 lbs, my discoveries are:

I do NOT need to track calories and macros.

Sports supplements are a waste of my money.

I can train comfortably on fat and protein.

I can do without dairy.

Fruit tastes great! ( never liked it before)

So, now I can reintroduce but right now , I don't feel the need to. I stopped eating nuts a few days ago and I am gauging the effects before I add anything back.

Two little disappointments, nasal symptoms and excema haven't improved. Anyone with any tips on curing either, I would be VERY grateful.

My advice to others? Get Well Fed, I will cook the recipes for many years to come. sooooooo good.

Do not have ridiculous expectations like I did. I had a poor diet for 42 years, I can't completely turn it around in one year, never mind 30 days. Be patient. You WILL have bad days but weather the storm and come here for support and advice. I struggled ( especially when I had PMT ) but I am glad I did it.

Congratulations on completing!  Great wrap up and attitude about not losing any weight.  Not sure if you wanted too anyway. 

I am on my second whole 30. After my first I tried to do another about 30 days later but didn't make it.  I am now 7 days into my next one and have a better attitude about it and realize I feel soooo much better eating this way then having all the other stuff in my diet.  I also cut out nuts for the most part only allowing myself them once a week......they are a food I can over eat. ;)

I am cutting out the nuts because I have been literally eating them every single day for over a year, I want to see if they are causing the eczema . I am already at a healthy weight, so that doesn't disappoint me, I have lost a little fat around my middle though , I don't have measurements but my tight shorts are looser, so that's great as I am an apple shape and tend to gain around the middle before anywhere else . I wish I could squish it onto my bum where it wouldn't affect my health : ))

I am practically living on coconut oil and milk! And coffee is my weakness. Not had any cocoa in 5 weeks. I have been about 10 days without nuts now, excema worse than ever. I am thinking of getting a really good tolerance test done. I am convinced diet is the key to all ills. Can't afford it at the minute though! How long should I eliminate a food, to see if its the culprit ?

it took me longer to get rid of my eczema. actually more like 4 or 5 months. (100 days of strict whole30). I do eat dairy again in small quantities (most days! :lol: ) and it has come back. so now I need to decide what's more important to me, dairy or a small amount of eczema. I have a feeling it might be dairy in the winter and skin in the summer!

congrats!

• 2 weeks later...

Also, eggs are one of the top allergens. If you're eating many of them, try cutting them out for a week or two. Steak for breakfast is pretty awesome.

I have been about 14 days without nuts and am seeing improvements. I hope this is the answer for me as I keep hens and have delicious free range eggs!

I also have chooks so don't want to exclude eggs... Starting my second week of whole30 tomorrow, going coffee, cocoa, nut and coconut free as I can't handle the irritation any longer

Good luck! I am looking forward to seeing how you get on : )

Skin conditions improve greatly on autoimmune protocol. Here is an article you might find interesting and helpful http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/07/overcoming-medical-dogma-eczema.html

Most cases sensitivity to coconut means sensitivity to the flesh, not oil. Oil is all good and super healing. It is even used to treat some conditions of gut imbalance ;)

Good luck.

Thanks Nadia , I have looked at the auto-immune protocol before but to be honest , it's far too restrictive for me. I would rather deal with the excema than do it! I am cooking for a family of seven and would miss eggs and tomatoes as ingredients terribly. Also I won't be parted from my coffee. I have a super clean diet year round but we all need our little pleasures : ))

Archived