Join our whole30+ group? Starting Mon 28th Oct

melbournegirl

Day 11 in the books! Today was the first day I just wanted to EAT. I knew I wasn't hungry and it was just stress (seriously, work is more stressful than it's ever been, so I'm realizing how much I cope with food and wine!), but I felt like I was redirecting my focus all day for the first time since starting this challenge. 

This week we really nailed some awesome recipes, and I'm finding that's key- keeping the food interesting and delicious so we don't get bored. I actually look forward to eating rather than dread it (more steamed fish and veg anyone?). We've also noticed we need to have easy/fast foods on hand- roasted sweet potatoes, roasted veggies, soups, shredded meat, etc. so we can throw a meal together quickly if we get home late or need a quick lunch. 

So far still feeling good, but today was one of the hardest. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too! I had an extra snack today that turned into 2! I knew my breakfast, poWO and lunch weren't as big as usual so I got hungry at 4.30 and ate in the car but was still hungry after picking up my son and had leftovers at 5.15 while I cooked dinner. Bigger meals tomorrow!!

M1 3 meatballs, 4 sw pot fries and 7-8 mushrooms with mayo

poWO chicken breast and sw pot

M2 roasted cabbage and bacon ( knew it was too small but ate it 20 mins after poWO as I had a myotherapy appointment)

S 5 strawberries, 3 broccoli florets (my groceries that were in the car and ate it whilst waiting at train tracks)

S 3 meatballs and roasted cabbage

M3 fish with tartare sauce, roasted pumpkin, zucchini and broccoli

I only had 30 minutes from Pilates till myo appoint and I had to drive 5-10 mins between them so I ate close together and thought it might do but clearly wasn't enough. I'm full now but not too full. The strawberries and pumpkin tasted almost like lollies!

Still would love a wine and a piece of dark chocolate

I got some new herbal tea today to hopefully help when I want to snack just for snacking sake and not any real hunger. A cinnamon and vanilla black tea and a a fall harvest herbal (both from Trader Joe's). Just had a cup and it's delicious and so far doing the trick!

Day 13 done.

I was tired this morning and could have kept sleeping but once awake I've felt really good all day!! Yay!! Don't know if it's better than usual but definitely better than I've been for the last 13 days. My energy levels have been consistent throughout the day.

Thanks for the suggestions of flavoured tea and cocoa! I will try that next time I feel like chocolate.

Did a new class this morning which was a fun change from a run. It was too wet for me outside as I'm not very hard core.

PreWo coffee with cashew milk

M1 2 eggs, huevos rancheros, spinach and a raw carrot

M2 fish, tartare sauce, roasted pumpkin

M3 pulled pork and coleslaw

Still need to work on my postWO meals. Planning to start having my second coffee as decaf next week. Very impressed that you gave up caffeine as well Juzbo!

My goals were:

1) to not snack which I've been successful in most days

2) bed by 10pm which has been 50% of the time

3) reduce coffee in second half ( I think that's going to be harder as I really enjoy my second cup as a little break when my youngest has his nap so I'm thinking of decaf before elimination)

4) not to weigh myself and I haven't when I usually do this everyday or every second

I thought as getting closer to halfway I wanted to make sure my goals were on track. Will add postWO meals to the list. Anyone else on their way to meeting the goals they set? Might help with motivation too.

Nice work, kathhr! :)

Day 6 here... Got loads of cooking & prep done yesterday afternoon, including making some turkey nuggets for post-workout snacks & roasting a spaghetti squash. I'm sleeping well too, that's always the most important thing -_- And my moods are definitely levelling out - my 4 yr old is currently using me as a road for his car (which plays "Funky Town") & I'm not minding one bit :lol:

Turkey breast, cilantro, sesame oil, eggs... I think that was about it. A light coating of coconut flour. Plus there was a dipping sauce too - coconut aminos, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard (it was meant to have honey in too, but it was tasty without!). The recipe's in OMG That's Paleo? as cilantro chicken nuggets - it may well be on her website too :)

Day 14 here. My goals for the next few weeks are to keep up the exercise - especially during the week. I don't mind so much if I am lazy on weekends as long as I do my stuff during the week. Also to do a bit more adventurous cooking which is not easy as my OH has taken over the shopping and cooking the last few months and even makes leftovers for my lunches and cooks me up special turkey mince and veg surprise dishes for my breakfasts or dinners when the family is eating noncompliant stuff. Its great, shouldn't be complaining but when I have some special dishes to make I snack less. I often cook the weekend meals but we have been busy or away and haven't had as many 'proper' weekend meals as usual.

I would like to eat less too. Just when I start to thin down a bit I seem to want to eat more - my body doesn't like changing but my clothes have been too tight now for a long time and summer is coming.... sigh.

End rant, keep up the good work all.

Day 14

I went to a friends for lunch and they made 2 lovely salads and a roast chicken dish from Ottolenghi. She said in then end it was easier than she thought and she just didn't put caster sugar in one dish.

Just as I felt my energy was picking up I slept really badly last night and I've been very tired since this afternoon. Didn't have a second coffee today which I'm sure would have picked me up. May have it every second or a decaf tomorrow. Will see how I feel.

I agree Juz the added bonus would be for my pants to fit a bit better. I have lots of lovely clothes that are a bit too tight at the moment and the change of weather is a good motivator.

Day 7 just starting here with another ridiculously good mood :D I need to bottle this... It's my OH's birthday today & we're off to his parents for lunch. The main meal it's generally ok, but I'm a bit worried that cake will be provided today & that I'll be seen as especially odd if i don't partake. I really should be used to this by now! :lol: It's my DS's birthday next Sunday too, though that should be easier as he doesn't actually like cake :)

Well, that went well - NOT :angry:

Day 1 again tomorrow

:(

Start of Third week here, but other than not having any sugar or wine or coffee, I don't feel like I have made much progress, and skin is still bad and stomach is having an episode....

Going to be a bit more careful this week. No nuts or seeds or cocoa or dried fruit. Will stay away from fodmaps too.... Cauliflower, coconut and avocado in particular.

Day 14 here, and I finally got logged back into the forum. I was daily logging my food, but then I couldn't get logged in here for like a week. The messages kept on coming though! I haven't had any setbacks yet, though the detox at the beginning was not super fun. I'm actually liking the greens on my eggs in the morning, but I still really miss my chai. I've replaced it with peppermint tea. On the plus side I think my hubby has really come around the the veggies, and his pants are way looser. I know my energy is good 'cause I've been working like a madwoman with no caffeine at all until two days ago. Then, since the night before my kiddos were up ALL night long, I had an iced tea. Well, I only got in about 4 sips and then I was done with it - the caffeine was insane, so I went back to peppermint. We are just going to keep at it!

Archived