Join our whole30+ group? Starting Mon 28th Oct

melbournegirl

Roz at least you're getting straight back on! Hope it was yummy birthday cake!

Hedgehog I've found it so much easier to cook larger quantities and have meals to go to rather than be unprepared and trying to cook. Especially if feeling tired and irritable, then it felt really hard. Getting groceries at 7 is dedicated!! Have you done a few of these before? It seems a lot of people have done more than one.

Day 15 done! Halfway!!!

PreWO coffee with cashew milk and hardboiled egg

PostWO poached chic and a raw carrot

M1 leftover pulled pork, coleslaw and roasted pumpkin and coffee with cashew milk

M2 smoked trout and asparagus ( bit smaller but felt it was a lot with WO meals)

M3 steak, salmon patties, tartare sauce and carrots and mushrooms and blueberries

S handful of cashews ( mindless eating until I realised as I wasn't craving them and I wasn't hungry they were just open in front of me)

Still felt tired today so I had my second coffee. I had the one day where I wasn't as tired but that seems to have passed. Can't wait till I feel full of energy. My hay fever has also been really bad last few days as well.

Still want a glass of wine and something sweet after dinner. Didn't have a wine everyday before but I want one every day at the moment. I would have had something sweet like a piece of chocolate most days though. Does this pass? I guess from reading for some it takes a lot more than 30 days. I think I may be one of them.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, everyone! Haven't posted in a while as I got pretty stressed over the typhoon that came over here to the Philippines. My brother works for a call center that is located in Tacloban, the worst hit area in the southern part of the Philippines. He's safe though. Praise God! Though have not eaten in the last 2 days. We're hoping to fly him back to Manila soonest. Our country needs prayers specially now. Thank you all!!!

Been trying to keep to Whole30 still and so far doing good avoiding sugar. Too bad I can't remember the food I had the past days but here goes for my Day 5.

PRWO- leftover fish, pan fried in coco oil

POWO - 2 cups salad and more fish

Too full for breakfast

L - salad, garlic sautéed beef cubes, 1/2 avocado

D - sautéed asparagus and local greens, salmon, 14 almonds, 1/2 banana, 3 dates

Anabanana so sorry about your news and I hope your brother is OK.

Day 16 so tired and really hard to wake up the last few days with today being by far the worst. I felt like I was drugged and just wanted to keep sleeping. Wish my kids slept later!!

Was going to have a decaf but still feel like I need a pick me up. Maybe reduce coffee when I don't feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Day 16

I was so tired this morning I didn't go to the gym. The idea of running just seemed like hard work which normally I like. Stayed home then rushed out to run an errand and realised I hadn't had breakfast so had that at 10.30 and then had a coffee at 2 and thought I'd wait to eat but then met up with my mothers group after my son's sleep. I was so busy getting dinner ready as I knew I would be out at the time I normally make it. It wasn't until I was at the play centre that I remembered I hadn't had lunch. Had some fruit from a platter although not an ideal snack. Would never have forgotten lunch normally.

Still aiming to get to bed earlier but I love the few hours when the boys are asleep.

S coffee with cashew milk

M1 salmon patties, tartare and broccolini

S 6-7 small pieces of watermelon, pineapple

M2 chicken breast and dipping sauce, coconut almond beans and carrots

Yesterday was all good until i decided to cook some bacon. I had a couple of rashers which wouldn't fit on the tray, so i made 4 bacon-wrapped dates as well, cos I'd never tried them... Long story short, i ended up eating them plus most of the rest of the bacon & about 15 dates out of the pack. Food with no brakes, anyone? So i didn't sleep too good & today is going to take some concentration. I've pulled some soup out of the freezer just in case i get a bit peckish!

Day 18

M1 veg frittata and coffee with cashew milk

M2 3 Salmon patties, tartare sauce and rocket and tomatoes and a small apple

M3 leftover chicken breast with dipping sauce, steak and coconut almond green beans

Still really tired when waking. I think that as one child or the other seems to wake during the night at the moment I may just be tired for a while?! Energy levels were better overall today. It's just getting up that's hard. I was wondering if I would feel tiger blood at all? I was a pretty happy and content person before with OK fitness. Maybe it won't be any different?

Tried hot yoga tonight with a friend which was fun for a change. 2 new classes this week which is different from my usual running and I enjoyed the change. Feel good about the diet changes which I think has helped foster some exercise change as well.

Saying no to food was easy today even with a box of freshly baked cookies from a lady at work who I know is a great cook. I can be determined when I want to and I do want to finish this!

Good for you feeling hungry when waking Juzbo I can't remember when I last felt that.

Day 5 here

Hope you are all ok - am hungry today not to sure why! Have had enough protein but still won't fill me :-) have had to have fruit dried and other I between. Think my body is just adjusting x

I have had

Bacon egg and tomato

Mince onions and sweet potato frittata

Ham and roasted vegetables

I should NOT be hungry! Xxx

Day 5 here

Hope you are all ok - am hungry today not to sure why! Have had enough protein but still won't fill me :-) have had to have fruit dried and other I between. Think my body is just adjusting x

I have had

Bacon egg and tomato

Mince onions and sweet potato frittata

Ham and roasted vegetables

I should NOT be hungry! Xxx

Have you been adding fat to your meals? you don't mention any besides the bacon with meal 1.

Depending on how many eggs you had, your breakfast may have been too small - a serve of eggs is as many as you can hold. Most people find that's 3-4. You should also be aiming for 2-3 cups of vegies. A substantial breakfast will help keep you satisfied better throughout the whole day.

Having enough protein and fat will help with your satisfaction between meals, and mean you shouldn't need to snack. If you are genuinely starving between meals, go for a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies instead of dried fruit.

Just checking that your ham, bacon and dried fruit were compliant? Compliant ham is generally hard to find, and a lot of dried fruit has sweeteners, sulphites, and oils added.

Woot woot day 20 already. I am quite happy with how it is all going. I am enjoying my food but enjoying even more its place in my life... Important and critical to plan for but not something I am always thinking about or suffering from... That is my most important benefit. And when I am not having trigger foods I don't get cravings so I don't eat too much or the wrong foods which means I feel more comfortable and of course then I feel more like exercising and I sleep better... It really does start with food....

This is probably my fifth whole something so I am on the alert... For the day21-25 extinction burst as well as TOM cravings. I would really like this whole30 to be smooth sailing as much as possible. I think it will be easier because I am also testing compliant foods for their effects on my skin so I have to keep the baseline consistent.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have been cooking with fat but you're right. I was supposed to have an avacado yesterday at meal 2 but they weren't ripened enough. I guess the sprinkling of nuts counted a little bit but don't want to get into that habit.

I thought the protein hand sized was including the bacon and egg together. I will try more eggs when I eat them - would sweet potato fritas class as vegetables? I have some left and could have them with meal 1.

Need to have hard boiled eggs at the ready inbetween meals in case with some left over prepared vegetables. It's good you mentioned all this. I have read the book but I think it needs to be revisited.

The ham I cooked myself from scratch in the oven as a joint. One lot of fruit contained palm oil? Not ok? Is all oil out - sunflower also.

From Monday I intend to stop all dried fruit as

I getting into bad habits. I intend to go past the 30 days and with my track record so far it appears I need to :-) I have been having a difficult time recently and I think whatever I can do to stop reaching for the chocolates or biscuit tin is on the right track.

Thanks again for reading all and happy eating :-) x

Hi and thanks for your reply. I have been cooking with fat but you're right. I was supposed to have an avacado yesterday at meal 2 but they weren't ripened enough. I guess the sprinkling of nuts counted a little bit but don't want to get into that habit.

I thought the protein hand sized was including the bacon and egg together. I will try more eggs when I eat them - would sweet potato fritas class as vegetables? I have some left and could have them with meal 1.

Need to have hard boiled eggs at the ready inbetween meals in case with some left over prepared vegetables. It's good you mentioned all this. I have read the book but I think it needs to be revisited.

The ham I cooked myself from scratch in the oven as a joint. One lot of fruit contained palm oil? Not ok? Is all oil out - sunflower also.

From Monday I intend to stop all dried fruit as

I getting into bad habits. I intend to go past the 30 days and with my track record so far it appears I need to :-) I have been having a difficult time recently and I think whatever I can do to stop reaching for the chocolates or biscuit tin is on the right track.

Thanks again for reading all and happy eating :-) x

Cooking fat doesn't account for a lot as most gets left in the pan - adding the avo would have been great :) bacon counts more as a fat during your whole 30 and should be used more as a condiment. Palm oil is ok, but I'd avoid it for sustainability reasons. Seed oils are out - the only exception to the "bad" oils is canola, and that exception is really only for when you're dining out.

Having the extra fat at meals will likely mean you won't need to snack at all, but HB eggs and vegies are great to have on hand "just in case". Save your fruit for meal times, and stick to fresh. Dried fruit is concentrated sugar and calorie dense...it's also easy to over eat and not as nutrient dense as fresh.

(Sweet potato fritters would count towards your vegies, yes :) )

It may seem difficult, but eating according to the template and choosing protein/fat over sugar will help you get through the stressful times better.

Yay Juzbo day 20!!

I still feel tired and am a bit resigned to the fact that may just be my life at the moment. (My son woke up 3x last night) I really wanted to feel the difference when exercising but am still not as fast running as I was. I know its still early days but I think I was a bit caught up in the increased athletic performance others spoke of. Those who have done a whole30 did you experience tiger blood or better performance?

The other issue I have is waking to use the toilet. I did that before my son woke so I was actually awake 4 times last night. I used to sleep through and if that doesn't change I think thevpaleo diet is out for me. Am I wanting too much too soon??

There are good points as well. I am loving not being hungry and exerting my will power which does become easier. Especially saying as I did last night "I could have the bread but I'm CHOOSING not to" when asked " can't you have that". The food I've been making is also delicious. Its also time consuming. I did order Well Fed and no 2 but they haven't arrived when it said 7-10 days and is been 12. I hope they come soon!

Archived