Dairy reintro

erinmm

The only thing I noticed after eating dairy was that I felt more full. Since it wasn't an uncomfortable feeling, I'm assuming I didn't get a bad reaction. I honestly don't know either what kind of reaction I should've gotten if dairy didn't suit me.

• 3 weeks later...

I reintroduced dairy with a handful of cheese cubes at lunch. I felt tired not too shortly after. I also wanted some gelato after buying desserts last week for an office (I did not cheat). So...sugar and dairy...I immediately came home to sleep. I still feel groggy. Has anyone experienced this kind of fatigue from dairy?

• 2 months later...

I reintroduced dairy with a handful of cheese cubes at lunch. I felt tired not too shortly after. I also wanted some gelato after buying desserts last week for an office (I did not cheat). So...sugar and dairy...I immediately came home to sleep. I still feel groggy. Has anyone experienced this kind of fatigue from dairy?

I just came on here to look up this very same topic. I just introduced yoghurt for breakfast and I feel exhausted. It's only a couple of hours since I had it and I haven't felt this tired for a long time.

For me, dairy is definitely a sometimes food. I'm Whole30-ing right now, so it's hands off at the moment. But, from my previous Whole30s, it's become obvious that dairy messes with my stomach in a cumulative way I didn't expect. So, cheese on a breakfast scramble? That's fine, but only if I don't have more cheese or dairy later in the day (or maybe for another day or two). It doesn't hit me immediately, but if I have dairy every day, I start feeling it.

I intro'd dairy today at breakfast and lunch and immediately got a runny nose.  It was weird, and it happened at both meals. Then got a headache.  I feel like crap actually.  :(  I am also having some GI issues.  So dairy is out, which breaks my heart as my very favorite treat is ice cream.  I guess I have to decide if having it occasionally is worth it. 

I intro'd dairy today at breakfast and lunch and immediately got a runny nose.  It was weird, and it happened at both meals. Then got a headache.  I feel like crap actually.  :(  I am also having some GI issues.  So dairy is out, which breaks my heart as my very favorite treat is ice cream.  I guess I have to decide if having it occasionally is worth it. 

You might consider buying an ice cream maker and making your own coconut milk ice cream. There are some very simple and delicious recipes out there. Even my non-paleo friends like it.

I just came on here to look up this very same topic. I just introduced yoghurt for breakfast and I feel exhausted. It's only a couple of hours since I had it and I haven't felt this tired for a long time.

I reintroduced dairy this past weekend (Saturday) and I thought I was good to go until yesterday. I'm guessing I've had a delayed reaction? Yesterday in the middle of a workout I had to run to the bathroom. It was so bad I thought for sure I must be coming down with the flu but I felt fine other than the GI issue. Slight headache before that happened but now I have cold-like symptoms, runny nose, sneezing, itchy skin (ankles and wrists oddly enough).

To Nikki111 and karaj…YES! I had plain full fat yogurt today and within 20 minutes I could have fallen asleep at my desk. It was the first instance of eating dairy alone and I could not believe I had such a strong reaction! I'm looking forward to my next doctor visit so I can see about being tested for milk allergy although this should be proof enough to avoid it.

I get a headache immediately after eating dairy. Everything else is fine, but that headache makes me think I must be reacting in some way that isn't doing me any favors.

Jenny2014, there are some really great coconut milk ice creams out there. So Delicious even makes one that is sweetened with stevia and has added fiber that keeps me from getting the really uncomfortable sugar rush. Their mint chocolate chip one makes me feel like I could happily never eat ice cream again.

Archived