Iced Coffee and Iced Green Tea

JD12377

I just started paleo a few days ago. Im having a fun time and it seems simple to me. Its working for me. I have one problem which Im hoping you guys can help me out. Im a huge fan of creamer in my coffee. I need an alternative that is paleo to get me off creamer. Also, I drink iced green tea out of wawa containers and turkey hill containers that are store bought, I need an alternative there as well. Any suggestions and help?

Can you make your own iced tea? Then you'll know exactly what's in it. As long as you remove the bags after steeping the tea it'll last in the fridge for a few days. Squeeze in some lemon and viola. Or make it fun by adding a few berries. Mmm...muddled berries in iced tea is so yummy!

Is almond milk permissive? And isn't any form of milk considered dairy?

Almonds aren't animals last time I checked! :D Most cartoned almond milk contains non-compliant ingredients (carrageenan is a big one), making your own is your best option. Coconut milk is probably an easier option!

I just tried coconut oil and yuck lol. It just looks greasy too. I'm not a fan. I'm gonna try coconut milk next.

Make sure to blend it (it will get frothy)! Otherwise the oil will just sit on top of your coffee.

Sometimes I use 3 things: coconut MCT oil, coconut oil & coconut milk, blended... sprinkle of cinnamon on top. So good!

• 2 months later...

About bottled tea, in japanese stores you may find bottled green tea without any sugar. (I don't know what type of tea you had. Also be careful, sometimes they use Genmaicha (which has rice in it, and maybe is not really whole30 then.) or some use barley. Just check what is inside.)

The coconut oil makes great frothy HOT coffee, but I've not tried doing much with it cold. You'd need to emulsify when hot, but I'm not sure what'll happen when it goes cold. Maybe lumps :(

Coconut milk or almond milk would be closer to regular iced coffee and you could shake it up with ice if you wanted.

Cold brew coffee is much less bitter than hot brewed, and would be ideal for iced coffee.

I don't like black tea, but I've made lots of nice iced teas from white tea and herbal/fruit teas. I brew it hot and then add iced water.

Peppermint is very refreshing, as is Lemongrass & Ginger, Chamomile tastes really weird cold (to me).

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived