Awesome 2014!

1Maryann

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MaryAnn-- I am going to not be working from September 19-30. I have a Jewish holiday September 23-25. I have to go to DC for work October 1-2. Might go on Monday 29 to see the kids. The. Another holiday Oct 2-3. But then I don't work til October 20th at least that's the plan! What if I show up on your doorstep for a day and help you out? I make great mayo! And salad dressing.

Animals-- not so much but I can be a friend for a day and do anything you need. Just say the word. But No politics!!!!!! Just food talk.

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to start the semester of teaching, and while I feel good about getting started with classes, the paperwork/administrative requirements always stress me out big time.  I teach college, so paperwork is not quite as intense as in the K-12 public school world, but still requires that I write like a bureaucrat.

The point of that mini-rant is that I'm not sure if I'm really doing a full-on Whole30 right now or not.  What feels better is to take it a day at a time for a while.  Sometimes my stress level is immensely helped by the structure of a formal Whole30, and sometimes it's not.  But all's well that ends well (at the end of the semester)!

melbournegirl - Pretty good, although I had one slip-up and fell out of ketosis. It's weird, last time I was fully low carb I ate dairy, so it's weird finding a new balance, having trouble getting enough fat in. 

I never did AIP, but I did no-eggs and no-nightshades for 30 days (not at same time). Eggs didn't seem to make a difference (except that cage eggs seem to give me a reaction than organic free-range does not - although all appear to be grain fed), but nightshades did. However, when I added back in, could add in some nightshades without any lack of benefits, so now I just eat less of them. I was eating loads of them before, I just didn't realise.

Shelley, I love you!  And I really appreciate the offer.  But if you aren't an animal person, I doubt you could hang with me for a whole day.  Most of my time is divided between my house and my store.  At the store, I have approximately 25-30 birds at any given time, and they are frequently loud enough to halt conversation.

At home, I have several parrots of my own, whichever birds I happen to be boarding (which range in species from parakeet to macaw and in numbers from 5-30), and five large dogs, the smallest of which is 70 lbs.  Did I mention my house is only 1250 sq ft total?

Even if the birds are behaving, it is impossible to move without several large, furry, slobbery beasts in your way.  They are good when it's just me.  They will lie down and ignore me while I'm cooking, but if there's another person in the house all five of them would be in your face competing for your attention. 

Instead of cementing a friendship, you would probably run screaming back across the Alley and never speak to me again!  LOL!

Shelley, did I mention I love you?  LOL  Let's see what the next few weeks bring.  Once I stop having to go feed babies at midnight and can get in a normal sleep pattern, I may be okay.  But thanks for the offer and I;m glad my zoo didn't scare you off.  Even if I don't need your amazing mayo skills, maybe we can get together for an afternoon anyway.

hi ladies! I am enjoying (ok...loving) the reconnection and check-ins of all you!

I am doing fine here. OK...FINE...I had ice cream for dinner last night. I am still stuck in a super stressful limbo and am completely and totally aware, so I am not really beating myself up. what I AM doing is planning. one of the reasons I was so successful in the past was my mental and physical prep. I just subscribed to OAMM (Once A Month Meals). if you haven't see the site I would totally check it out. I really need to have a good stash of good food in my house, and right now I haven't had the time. BUT, my parents are back from out of town, I'm getting ready to put Adie in school, and I am in the prep mode!

crossing my fingers I get to go to crossfit this afternoon, but I worked all weekend and had a huge miscommunication and fight with Troy last night, so I know he is going to be a total ass today...and don't know if I can ask my parents to watch the girls again today after they watched them all weekend. we shall see...

Archived