Awesome 2014!

1Maryann

I'm into the second half of 60 days without coffee now. Going to try a bit harder with my food and make the last half a pure whole30 without coffee. My skin and health have been good with all the nutrition and good fats but I am still 10-15 pounds heavier than when I finished my first whole30 which was also caffeine free so time to get those clothes fitting again!

Hope everyone has a great week!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all - I'm still here but have been going through a patch...I know you have been through my ups and downs of marriage with me but am hitting a point where divorce is seeming like a true option. I am working through it with my therapist to decide what is right for me and the girls, but, as can be expected, my favorite crutch is food. I am doing my best minute by minute and have had some great days, just trying to stay grain and sugar free...I am doing my best to stay sane. I know I had some sugar a week or so ago and it so seriously effects me but it's a cycle - I am depressed/stressed/scared so I eat sugar which in turn makes me depressed/stressed/scared so I eat sugar which in turn makes me...I think you get the idea. so I am really trying to have ZERO sugar.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I hope 2014 is rolling along well for you all. I feel a bit like I am stuck in a circle of doing well for a few weeks then messing up badly for a few weeks. Both for food and exercise.. And when I eat badly I feel tired, irritable and depressed, as well as have a sore stomach so don't feel like exercising.

I have been making some strength gains from Pilates, yoga and full body movement exercises this last month which I keep reminding myself so it doesn't feel like I have gone nowhere but backwards these last 12 months (pretty much since my op last May :( ).

But I really want to go forwards now. Today I am starting a reset which I will be recording in the log I've linked to in my signature... Wish me well?

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I'm here.

So sorry to have dropped off the face of the earth.

I was dealing with adrenal fatigue and a job layoff. SO much stress!

I was thinking about you all yesterday and feeling like a Whole 30 was a really good idea.

I am now dealing with candida...oh joy. The things that happen when your body is trying to align itself. Ugh. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I'm ready and happy to join you in this starting today.

Who else is in?

Hugs,

Linda

Hi there!

Not sure that we are all on the same post. I'm sorry to have been MIA as well. First--Karen--if you are reading this I want to wish you much happiness as you enter this new phase of your life.

I have had a year learning to cope with my new reality and finding out new things about myself and my life along the way. I've made new friends and I have decided to change my job. I'm not sure yet whether I will stay in my current job in a different capacity, take a new job (interview in NYC on Tuesday) or just chuck it and run off with a guy (this is a serious option!!!).

The stress of dealing with this decision mostly over the past 2 months has left me with no eating self control. I'm on vacation now in Martha's Vineyard (nice) where lobster rolls and vanilla ice cream cones prevail. But I am going to start a W30 (without white potatoes!) on August 7th.

hi all! it always makes me smile when I see messages from you all in my inbox!

I am doing ok...in the process of divorce and praying for a favorable outcome for me. I served Troy papers on June 16th and he never responded...we have court date set for August 14 and I'm not sure he is even aware that he's supposed to show up. I secretly hope he doesn't so there's nothing for him to contest. the hardest part is we still live in the same house. it's awkward and frustrating and reminds me every day that I'm making the right decision.

my food hasn't been great through this process, add to that a visit from my niece and nephew for 10 days, and my 3 year old's birthday, and I'm in a bit of a hangover funk right now! I have an AMAZING crossfit family - a group of 3 other women - who are my support and my strength and help me with my food. one has been doing pretty strict whole30 eating for quite a while, she always keeps me in line. so I got several texts this morning reminding me that I am not to have any sugar today! but after the birthday cake on Wednesday I don't think that's going to be a problem! I am thinking of doing a whole30 this month or sometime soon, likely after the kids are back in school so I can cook in peace!

WOW Shelly! exciting times in your life! I would love to hear about the new job...and the new man!

Karen - how's the wedding planning going?

Linda - bummer about the job - I hope it gives you some space to start to take care of yourself

Amy - always love "seeing" your face!

I've been thinking of you Jess as I have been having rough times partnerwise too. Sorry to hear it didnt work out for you and sending you lots of love and strength to get though this next stage,

My eatings a bit of a mess right now, hoping this whole30 will sort me out. I am going coffee free again so have a massive headache but its better in the long run.

Justine

Jess-/ I'm so very sorry. I've been there too with 2 small children and living in the same house. That was a lifetime ago for me and my kids grew up to be fine people and now have successful marriages and children of their own. We can talk about this if you need to any time.

On way back from NYC. Job interview went well. I will have some decisions to make. Start my W30 tomorrow. Of course there will be no food in the house when I get home. Hopefully will be able to stop off and get some staples on way home.

How is everyone doing who is on board. I'm scared!

Happy Tuesday All!

Amy, I LOVE your picture.  Every new one you post is more vibrant and healthy.  You look terrific!

Jess, so sorry to hear about your pending divorce. I have been through the same thing...living under the same roof until one of us could afford to move out.  It's not fun.  

I'm so happy to hear you have a strong support group nearby.  Of course it goes without saying that you have us here too.  :)

Justine, how's your head?  Did you get through the coffee withdrawls ok?  Congrats on your dry July, that's a really big deal!

Shelley, so much change going on for you.  How are you doing?  So glad to hear that the interview went well!  Are you going to take the job?

I'm starting tomorrow too.  Just getting ready to go do a big shop now.  The cupboards have been bare and I didn't want to start behind the 8 ball.

Sounds like everyone's life is in full session!

Maryann & Karen are you around?

I'm going for a 2nd interview tomorrow or Friday.  Still waiting to hear what the schedule is.  A good job with loads of flexibility which I'm really needing right now.  

Dan has work and that's a relief.  Also have a line on a 2nd part-time job that sounds SO good I want to pinch myself!  More on that as it solidifies.

So much going on and all good stuff thankfully.

Funny but I am so grateful for my layoff.  Sometimes you don't realize how much you compromise yourself and how far you get from who you actually are until it all kind of goes away.

I'm calmer and happier and my food is ok but I want to get back on track.  I just feel better when I do!

I went through about 6 months of adrenal fatigue and a crazy, CRAZY restrictive diet that a nutritionist put me on.  Long and the short of it is that my body hated it and I stopped working with this gal when she refused to listen to me.

So here I am!

Happy to be starting a Whole 30 tomorrow and even happier to be back in touch with all of you.

Hugs,

Linda

Howdy again everyone!  Great to hear from y'all.  I'm on day something of my current Whole30 and it's going well in terms of compliant choices, but I'm having trouble getting my veggies down.  Some life stresses seem to make it so that I can only stomach certain kinds of food.  Fortunately, Wholy Guacamole is one of those foods.  Hehe

Congrats and good thoughts to all on current and pending changes!

Hi, 5 days down already... That went quick!

Linda, the head was better than I expected, only one bad day! I am detoxing from sugar and grains as well but perhaps the improvement is because I am not also detoxing from alcohol LOL.. Perhaps actually because I didn't go caffeine free only real coffee free, still having tea, cocoa and decafe.

Can't believe how much more normal I feel off processed crap.... My face is clearing too. Should never have got back on to it.

Good luck Shelley and Linda for your start today.

Amy I also noticed how healthy you look in your photo, and young!

Jess, when does school start? I'm impressed with your cross fit involvement.

I've just reached out to a book group I was in four years ago to see if I can rejoin... A group of 8 women with similar interests... I should never have dropped out as the friendship was so positive but I got overwhelmed single parenting with hubby travelling so much. I hope they still meet and will take me back!

You guys, HI!  So good to hear from everyone!  

I'm in desperate need of a Whole-something or other.  Life is very hectic these days and a hunk of meat and some chips seems to constitute a meal these days.  Work is crazy, we bought a fixer-upper and move in 2 weeks, I still have yet to sell my house, and every spare moment of my time seems to be occupied.  August will be a blur.  But, the day I move in, I have a goal to get my new (and HUGE) kitchen set up so I can cook while we're remodeling.  I need to crack down on my food.  

I think I have a gallbladder thing going on. I've been extremely irregular, I've packed on 15 pounds since March, and digestion is not good.  So, I know I need to make some changes, but I need life to slow down a bit.  I'm cheering you all on from the sidelines, though, and I'll be catching up to you all soon!

So many changes for all of you!  Man, there's a lot going on.  But, I know for all of us, it'll all be good in the long run.  Sounds like we are all seeking out support from others (and each other), so that's a great start.  

So good to hear from you all!

hi all, thanks so much for the kind words! I am anxiously awaiting the date next week, and it seems Troy actually does know about the court date...so we'll see how it goes...

Justine - I hope things are getting better with you and your partner...it's tough, huh?

Shelly - I appreciate you telling me that your kids are ok! I desperately need stories like that, I believe in my heart that the kids will not only be ok, they will blossom. I am so grateful to have a fantastic relationship with my 10 year old and the 3 year old will be adjusting in her own way. Troy has continuously told me that the kids will be a statistic and have a horrible outcome (this is one of the ways he's trying to manipulate...pooper!)

Linda - how did the job interview go? so glad Dan is working, and so glad you stopped working with a nutritionist that wouldn't listen.

Karen - YAY for a new huge kitchen!!! I am so jealous! sounds like you and I might be ready around the same time.

I am in process of "planning" right now. Indie starts school August 21 and I'm hoping
Adie will start September 1. I am anxious about her going, she has great separation anxiety, sometimes even crying when I leave her with grandma - and she gets left with her quite often. she will be at the same school as Indie but I don't know how much she will see her. maybe all my anxiety will be for naught, but I'm still anxious. she will go 3x a week 1/2 days. then I will have a couple days to do good cook-ups and get serious.

SO, until then I am just doing the best I can. dairy is still my weakness (along with sugar...and corn...and rice!! haha!) so it's just one day at a time right now. I'm in the process of finding recipes I can make double or triple batches and freeze. I do this right now with a cabbage/beef recipe and my kale and sausage soup and it's a lifesaver. if I could find 5 or 6 more I will make them over the next couple weeks and be completely ready!

in the meantime I am using your success as my momentum and am loving to hear how you all are doing!

Jess, your children will be fine.  I did like you, lived with my ex (for a long time, in my case) until after the divorce - several months after!  My children were four when the process started.  They have been more than fine.  Stay your own stable self and don't let the chaos that other folks assume is true of divorce get filtered through to the children via other people's comments.  If that makes sense. 

day One for me. Reporting here will keep me honest! I have a wedding this weekend. Huge challenge. I also have 3 job offers. Need to make a major life changing decision probably before weeks end.

Jess-- try not to let YOUR anxiety about Adies separation anxiety rub off on her. Kids feel that stuff from you. Be very positive about her going to,preschool. Both my grandchildren are starting preschool in the next several weeks too! Take the long view. It will all be okay.

Amy-- you look gorgeous!

Justine-- book club??

And where is MaryAnn?

Archived