Nadia's Whole30 #3

Nadia B

P.S OHOH MARY. I forgot to tell you. I saw you in my dream! Somehow you were from British Columbia (west coast) and a physicist. You were there with you co-worker. We were walking around and even worked out in ehm a supermarket. No joke. Canola oil causes hallucinations, obviously. 

How did I miss this? A physicist! Amazing! (I am just a boring architect, after all).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did I miss this? A physicist! Amazing! (I am just a boring architect, after all).

I'm a physicist (technically...haven't really used it post school) and I live on the West coast (near BC). Maybe she is taking bits of pieces of all of us and combining them. ;) 

You crack me up, ladies. 

BORING architect? Gawd, you have a dream job ( I can't even hand draw an even circle haha). I guess it's the shared love for visual component/form that makes me like your bunch.  ^_^

However, I have a very steady hand when it comes to painting nails  :D

You crack me up, ladies. 

BORING architect? Gawd, you have a dream job ( I can't even hand draw an even circle haha). I guess it's the shared love for visual component/form that makes me like your bunch.  ^_^

I can't hand draw a straight line so I'm right there with you Nadia. I knew a lot of architect students when I was at Cornell and they worked dang hard and always seemed more stressed than even us engineers. Mad props.

they worked dang hard and always seemed more stressed than even us engineers. Mad props.

It's true, we totally have that "stressed and working insanely hard" thing down. When I was teaching I encouraged it in my students too. What was I thinking?  :wacko: anyway, thanks, I think?

should I reveal that drawing a circle (or even straight line) is not a job requirement? hmmm, maybe I should keep that bit of information to myself  :ph34r:  :P

Day 17. Saturday. 

M1. Beef sausage and all the veggies that were found in the fridge. Carrots (LOTS) and green beans. Tiny l/o of avocado. And a piece of ghee. Like a candy. Bhaha. J will be surprise to see that I ate half stick of butter while he was gone.  I'll tell him I was lonely and butter makes me feel better.  :ph34r:

M2. Skype and more Skype with friends and J. By 2 I was hungry like HUUUNGGGGRYYY. The only two things that were found in the fridge were one carrot and a piece of avocado. Ate them in deep sadness and went to do grocery shopping. Brought bunch of greens and protein. Wild mahi-mahi on sale for 1$ her a steak. WHHHAAAAAA. Lucky day. Salmon streak is over. 

GIANT M3. Brussel sprouts, 2 (3 oz each) fillets of mahi mahi (grilled) and a salad of lettuce/cucumber/whole small avocado. Mmmm so good. Added mustard and my face broke out an hour after. Got the clue, no mustard for now. Still hungry after, but I actually think that my metabolism is that broken that skipping a normal sized meal results in internal panic. Handful of blueberries and debating on eating some more protein before going out to a party. Actually two parties  :rolleyes:  Dancing is my plan and no ankle ain't stopping me.

Butter makes me feel better when I'm lonely too. I also discovered, back when I still had some Brazil nuts, that a brazil nut dipped in a smidgen of ghee is to die for.

Protein before dancing is a good idea. Hope you're having fun  :).

Day 18. Sunday. 

I have paid for an amazing night of dancing while my favourite DJ was performing with a miserable day after. That's ok.

Sleep: 3 hours. Went to bed at 5 am and woke up at 8:30. I was super tired and achy, and unable to fall back to sleep.

M1. Ground veal, giant pile of steamed green veggies and some avocado.

M2. Hungry hungry hungry again. Protein overload happened. I think I ate 2/3ds of the 1lb pack of veal and a giant salad of lettuce/fennel/grapefruit. Ate the rest of the grapefruit. Full but weirdly hungry.

Cleaned the entire house again (why the hell the housewife mode kicks in here?) and went to take a nap while the laundry was running. Watched a movie but failed to fall asleep.

M2.2 Ate half of the fennel bulb with avocado while waiting for M to come and pick me up. Weird snack I know.  

M3. Hanging out with M. Take out at the new fancy burger joint near my apartment. They were giving me "you psycho" look and I didn't like it. Most of burger places never give attitude when I order no bun no cheese stuff. I would appreciate a lettuce wrap too. I took classic burger with tomato, pickles and a slice of bacon. It was pretty good. However my tummy wasn't a fan. 

M4. small pack of almonds before bed. Grazing tired monster. Fell asleep at 10pm. 

78d4918d-bca8-4feb-ac5b-8b72ab2d95dc_zps

Day 19th. Monday. 

Woke up at 2:30 am but slept in big time after. I feel giant. Nothing is new here. It will pass with the mild inflammation mode I put myself into. No desire to cook whatsoever, so lame food for today. 

M1. Steamed cauliflower _ slice of butternut squash + mahi mahi steak. L/o avocado - 3 tiny pieces. 

M2. Same stinky bland stuff as I steamed everything for 2 meals. Eaten cold. Sad face. I will drink kombucha after as my tummy needs help. Bought a pack of enzymes too. 

M3. Meeting and a concert tonight (Neutral Milk Hotel) = not going home until midnight. Dinner at the restaurant near the venue. I find it so ironic that the place named Against The Grain doesn't have a GF  menu. I get the idiom reference, I just find it amusing. Regardless the gf options, I am excited as I heard good things about this place. Chuck tenderloin salad makes me wanna run there now.  I mean they have house made bacon. I also will be happy to eat normal tasting food and not the "nutrients pie chart" (disclaimer - I am not tracking anything).  

P.S Nicole by OPI "It's all about the glam"  looks phenomenal. It's the best winter nail polish in my book now. Very fine shimmer and buildable opacity. Love.  

That's what I like about Ballet Slippers, you can make it very sheer or more opaque.  Also, I think it looks like a less harsh French manicure, where you can just see the tip of the nail as a more opaque part of your nail.

Have fun tonight!

Thanks Sara. These two polishes are very different, I must say. BS is creme and It's all about the glam is white with shimmer. I find nude colors are extremely hard to pick, most of them make my hands look terrible. Ballet Slippers looks nice, should give it a closer look.

Here is the one I am talking about.

1a695b5b-709e-4f3b-a196-649887cdad25_zps

UPD. Restaurant didn't happen. Sobbing. More of the steamed veggies (I managed to steam half of little butternut squash in the office LOL) and a mahi mahi steak. Bottle of kombucha. Decaf and a tiny pack of nuts before the concert. Food misery. 

I have exciting news to put an end to my complaining. Guess what I'm doing on Friday night? Question for the "old squad"  B)  

I like odd squad MUCH better!!!!! You are in both. Odd n' old (old in " " with no reference to the age). I am not sure if it has recovered enough but I guess I'll find out on Friday. Trapeze or ballet would wonderful, but they are both way harder on the ankle than silks. Test class. I can't wait. I am afraid that I've lost a lot of strengh over almost two months. That's alright, nothing I can't build back up!

Day 20. Tuesday. Food misery day again, but much better compared to yesterday. Slept in big time. 8h sleep yay. Late for work for almost an hour!!!!

M1. M2. M3. Grilled portobello caps and 1 lb of ground chicken in the morning (food first, I am late so what lol), packed broccoli, bunch of spinach and bunch of red chard + small avocado. This is my food for the day + coffee with cm. Movies after work. One more sleep and J is BACK.

All about the glam looks great on you.  I worry about going too white and looking like I have white out'd my fingernails (I think someone else mentioned this in Bethany's log).

That was Bethany that mentioned that in Bethany's log. ;) I need to do them again. I'm going to save the purple for Saturday when I wear my dress again so maybe I'll give the brown a shot...or go Seahawks colors.

Day 21. Wednesday. 

What? Only 10 days to go???? Well, I am doing it till Feb 7th anyways. 

Sleep: 6 hours of ok sleep. Got home late after the movies last night. 

M1. Grilled pork chop and 3 chunks of fresh coconut. Coffee. How is that for a meal? I know, don't tell me. Had to leave house at 6-30 AM to wait for the streetcar in -33 © cold for half an hour. Late for the appointment. Too cold to go look for food. Hungry and sad Nadia. 

M2. Fresh coconut chunks (love ittttt) + deli roast beef + steamed veggies I think.

M3. Appointment with dentist later today and then J is picking me up. He is back, yay. Dinner situation undetermined.   

Thanks Sara! One jet lagged from 14 hour flight and another one after the mini jaw surgery - fun couple for sure :D  :D  :D

P.S I should stop eating fresh coconut chunks. They are sooooo yummy. Mantra about template is not not working :ph34r:  

Day 22. Thursday. 

J is sick. I am staying with him home. Working and watching movies. I was stretching midday and has done a bridge to stretch out my back. Then I told him that walking backwards in a bridge is apparently hard and not many ppl in my aerial class can do this. He decided to try. Huhum. Spent the rest of the day massaging someone's back. Childish and funny. Boys. Food is on me and I am lazy. Plus J ate my avocado in the morning. 

M1. Coffee + sausage (tiny wiener) - spinach and grilled red pepper (kind of hard to tell if I read as my entire face in little red dots at the moment). Slice of avocado.

M2. Sauteed green beans and yellow pepper and 2 chicken drumsticks (tiny again).

M3. Same? Probably.

Sleep: went to bed very early but I woke up at 1 am and couldn't fall back asleep till 2:30. Horrible feeling.

Tummy: grumbly and super upset the entire day. Some weird stuff happening too, but I am not going into details :blink:   I am not sure why, I don't like it.  

Overall: peaceful. Not very logical, but I am. 

Oh Mary, I don't even know. I spent the entire day on the couch and didn't feel hungry for a second. I literally made myself to eat dinner. Or you speaking generally these days? 

Day 23. Friday. 

Something weird happened. Went to bed super early with poor sick J. Like at 9-30. Woke up at 2 am and he was wide awake too. Chatted and chatted  until 4-40 then decided that it's retarded to lay here and try to fall asleep. I can understand why it's happening to him (4 coffees + a can of coke  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: ) + crazy jet lag. But me? Tummy was hurting the entire night too. It became unbearable in the morning. Like I needed to be within 1 min run from the bathroom. TMI sorry. So painful. What the HELLLLLL.

M1. Green beans + 2 chicken drumsticks at 5-40 am. Why not. Coffee and cotton balls instead of my brain.

M2. Pack of apple rings while shopping for food. Got hungry, hooray. Steamed veggies (+ 1/2 tiny spaghetti squash) with scallops. 2/3d small avocado. 

Mango kombucha after lunch. 

M3. Chicken sausage and spaghetti squash? Something like that. 

Silks class later at night. Exhausted from no sleep and tummy pains me thinks it won't be the best return into the world of aerial art. 

Archived