Reintroducing non-gluten grains in a more specific manner?

mvua

I'm doing a Whole30 with a major goal being to see if there's a food-issue underlying the chronic inflamation of my nose and eyes leading to terrible, regular hayfever symptoms when I have no actual allergies. So far, the elimination has really improved my symptoms, so I want to be really careful with reintroduction. Because of some previous eliminations, I think that my issues are caused by non-gluten grains. I'm wondering if it makes sense to reintroduce non-gluten grains in a gradual manner, rather than all at once on day 7. Does anyone have ideas or experience with this? Would all non-gluten grains be likely to produce the same reaction, and if I have a reaction on day 7, I just know they're all out, or should I try to spread them out so first rice, then oats, quinoa, etc... one reintroduction attempt at a time? If you've done this, what order did you reintroduce non-gluten grains in?

Thanks for any insights...

First off the schedule in the book is just a suggestion. You don't need to reintroduce things in that order. You also only need to reintroduce things you think you might want to eat again. That said I decided I wanted to reintroduce white rice and corn separately at the end of my W30 and it sounds like this might be a good plan for you. Taking your time doing careful reintroductions is well worth it. If you look at the beginning of my post-W30 log I posted my retinroduction plan and results if that helps. 

Thank you for your response and pointing me to your log! I'd like to continue eating a more paleo diet in the long term, but would also really like a better understanding of what my symptoms are coming from, so I'd like to reintroduce everything for the short term.

Archived