Ice cream

mdb

1st day of reintroduction and I've shied away from trying anything yet but am hoping to try some ice cream this evening (ice cream has always been my weakness and I know complete elimination is unrealistic).  That said I'm looking for a brand that doesn't contain additives such as carrageenan, any suggestions?  I'm hoping to make this part of my experiement as pure to the dairy (and sugar I suppose) versus additives that are undesireable.  Thanks

I re-introed ice cream last night, and I had Haagen-Dazs chocolate chocolate chip. Has no soy, corn, or other stuff:

cream, skim milk, sugar, chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, vanilla), egg yolks, cocoa processed with alkali

1st day of reintroduction and I've shied away from trying anything yet but am hoping to try some ice cream this evening (ice cream has always been my weakness and I know complete elimination is unrealistic).  That said I'm looking for a brand that doesn't contain additives such as carrageenan, any suggestions?  I'm hoping to make this part of my experiement as pure to the dairy (and sugar I suppose) versus additives that are undesireable.  Thanks

My only suggestion is to wear gloves and a heavy coat to the store and be prepared to look at a lot of labels. ;) I have an ice cream maker that I'm determined to use more this summer because I got so frustrated trying to shop for ice cream even at Whole Foods. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived