Can I have anything at panera bread?

Holly Hampton

• 1 month later...

Okay so none of the power breakfast bowl options are available anymore they ended those 2 years ago. The best you can do for breakfast is get them to give you the insides of a sandwich without the bread or cheese. I am hoping to try the steak breakfast innards with avocado in a bowl. Hopefully that will be enough protein and fat to hold me off till a late lunch.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Kelly G said:

So I know there have been a lot of changes in Panera's food as of late, so I thought it might be beneficial to have a new thread.  Has anyone recently looked into what is compliant at Panera?

I've merged your thread with an existing one because our threads are never archived so we don't need to start new threads when vendors/restaurants change... 

That said, the only way to know is by asking at the location you want to eat at.  Each location in each region may or may not be different and you can't rely on others on the internet to do the legwork for you because they may not follow all the rules, they may not ask the right questions etc...

They've taken out a lot of "made in a lab" ingredients, but their menu is still chock-full of non-compliant items: 

The chicken contains sugar

Every single dressing is made with soybean oil

None of the soups are compliant

In theory, you could get the steak from the sandwiches and put it on a dry salad, assuming that you can rearrange a lot on the menu. But you'd also have to bring your own dressing.  

• 2 months later...

I just checked all the nutrition info on the Panera site.  

The Greek salad seems to be Whole 30 friendly if you ask them to hold the feta and parmesan cheeses and bring your own salad dressing.  The Greek Salad dressing has 0 grams sugar but does use soybean oil.  Ingredients copied and pasted below:

Detailed Ingredients

Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Greek Dressing (Soybean Oil, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Olive Pomace Oil, Cider Vinegar, Salt, Organic Gum Blend [Organic Gum Acacia And Organic Guar Gum], Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Black Pepper, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Dehydrated Tarragon, Dehydrated Oregano, Citric Acid, Dehydrated Parsley, Dehydrated Rosemary, Dehydrated Thyme, Dehydrated Bay Leaves), Feta Cheese (Pasteurized Part-Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Microbial & Animal Enzymes), Red Onion, Pepperoncini (Greek Pepperoncini, Water, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Riboflavin), Kalmata Olives (Olives, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Grapemust), Sea Salt And Black Pepper Blend (Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Canola Oil).

22 hours ago, Loups said:

I just checked all the nutrition info on the Panera site.  

The Greek salad seems to be Whole 30 friendly if you ask them to hold the feta and parmesan cheeses and bring your own salad dressing.  The Greek Salad dressing has 0 grams sugar but does use soybean oil.  Ingredients copied and pasted below:

Detailed Ingredients

Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Greek Dressing (Soybean Oil, Water, Distilled Vinegar, Olive Pomace Oil, Cider Vinegar, Salt, Organic Gum Blend [Organic Gum Acacia And Organic Guar Gum], Xanthan Gum, Dehydrated Garlic, Black Pepper, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Dehydrated Tarragon, Dehydrated Oregano, Citric Acid, Dehydrated Parsley, Dehydrated Rosemary, Dehydrated Thyme, Dehydrated Bay Leaves), Feta Cheese (Pasteurized Part-Skim Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Microbial & Animal Enzymes), Red Onion, Pepperoncini (Greek Pepperoncini, Water, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid, Riboflavin), Kalmata Olives (Olives, Water, Red Wine Vinegar, Sea Salt, Grapemust), Sea Salt And Black Pepper Blend (Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Canola Oil).

Don't know how to delete  a post but I didn't read your initial message closely enough, so I'm just changing my whole response....sorry!

Archived