day 16 and losing the will to live!

lisaf83

Feel very unmotivated and feel like I could slip at any time. Tired grumpy and wondering why I am doing this!! Need some more ideas for cooking as getting bored with my food choices. Been working early the last 2 days up at 5am. 3 meals just is not enough and have been snaking on dates and dried fruit. Think I feel much worse for this. Help!!

Hi yes today I have had 2 poached eggs, spinach, mushrooms and lettuce with half sweet potato. Lunch was a chicken salad with 1/2 avocado, tomatoes and red cabbage and dinner was chilli with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, half sweet pot. Today has been a good eating day bar snacking on dates and nuts. Prob had about 10 dates!!!! :-(

You are not eating enough.

Do you have a copy of the meal template? Whole30 recommends that each of your meals have 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.

When eggs are your protein, the serving size is the number you can hold in your hand.

Right off the bat, I'd tell you to eat the WHOLE sweet potato, the WHOLE avocado, and up your meal 1 eggs to at least 3.

Cabbage and lettuce aren't very filling - switch it up with some other veggies.

If you need inspiration for new recipes, check out:

- the Recipe Sharing forum

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/

- http://nomnompaleo.com/

Also be sure you're staying sufficiently hydrated. Aim for drinking water, in the amount of at least half your body weight in ounces, daily.

I would up your protein, 3-4 eggs, more veggies at each meal.  aim for 2-3 cups.  I also agree with Chris, eat the whole sweet potato.

What about exercise?  If you aren't getting a proper pre and post Workout meal, that could make you hungry as well.

And, if you do find yourself feeling snacky, I have two recommendations.  1. Get rid of the dates and nuts until you feel that you have control over them. 2. Plan mindful mini-meals that look like the meal template, but in mini form.  Usually, you can just save a small portion from a meal, but there are a lot of other ways to make this work.  For longs days, an extra couple of bites may be in order.  If you can, aim for the whole template three times a day.

And, if you do find yourself feeling snacky, I have two recommendations.  1. Get rid of the dates and nuts until you feel that you have control over them. 2. Plan mindful mini-meals that look like the meal template, but in mini form.  Usually, you can just save a small portion from a meal, but there are a lot of other ways to make this work.  For longs days, an extra couple of bites may be in order.  If you can, aim for the whole template three times a day.

My revision to this excellent advice is that if you are feeling snacky but not hungry (hungry = could eat something boring like boiled fish and broccoli) than find something else to do. If you are actually hungry than a mini meal is the way to go for sure.

Keep pushing through! I'm on day 17 and never thought I'd get this far. A few days ago I was feeling just like you did, but realized it's because I wasn't giving myself enough time to prepare enough food for my meals. I now get that it really is a lot of work to keep up with the meal template and to make sure you eat enough during the day, but it's so worth it! So don't give up! Besides, you're halfway through, you've already made it this far so you can't throw in the towel now. Good Luck!  :)

Day 18 or 19 here and my life has been like a whirl wind...so today ive made some italian garlic meatballs with the obvious and some almond flour and coconut amines.....i made a heap of homemade sausages (patties ) with a ton of fresh herbs and made a huge sausage then put in freezer for an hour then took it out and sliced it into patties and then froze them for quick go to meals and have eggs on now for hard boiling...this is my im in a hurry food....i still have a new batch of mayo to make....when i do dinner i do enough salad and cooked vegies for the next three meals.dont neccesarily chop it up but wash it all and have it ready to go. Swt potao thinned slicly takes as long as an egg and bacon to fry so i toss it all in at the same time...then top with salad vegies from night before. Cook two chickens at a time. One for dinner and the other for cold meat to have meal 1 2 or 3....leftovers i usually have to fight for as i cook for 4 to 6 adults and it never seems to stretch very far....hope this helps....dont get dispondent.....your over half way and heading home....

Archived