What was your biggest pain point during your Whole30?

What was your biggest pain point during your Whole30?

For me, two things come to mind:

• It's damn near impossible to find sugar-free bacon. The Whole30 approved online store seems to be constantly out of stock. 
  • Throat lozenges all have sugar. I got sick, and had to use salt water & ice cubes for a sore throat. This was alright, but less convenient than popping lozenges all throughout the day.

What drove you nuts? What was the most difficult thing? What could have made your life easier?

Food prep. Purchasing, washing, chopping and cooking all that food. I felt like I was at the grocery store 3 times a week. I was also tired of trying to find new and exciting recipes. I found I ate the same things over and over because I just didn't have the passion to be creative.

being out of the house hours longer than intended, and then finding it near impossible to buy whole30 compliant food to eat on the go.

Also I can't find compliant sausages or bacon!!

• 2 weeks later...

My pain point was days 5-10.  I thought I was dying.  Then my pants started to get tighter and I was super cranky.  The cooking part wasn't too much of a hardship since both my husband and I like to cook.  We redid our kitchen recently, so it was fun to spend time in it.   But it did get a little tiresome running the dishwasher twice a day.

Eating out (restaurants or at friends') was/is my pain point.  I don't like being a pain and grilling a waiter or cook about how food is prepared and it's hard to resist tempatations when they are right there.  I mostly try to avoid going out when on W30 because it's not worth it.  That can be kind of sad.

Yeah, I think definitely being out with friends was my pain point. Most of the time when I'm out with friends what we're doing revolves around food or alcohol. It was difficult being the only one not partaking! 

Archived