Shaking

I'm on day 4 and this morning I woke up feeling very shaky. I drank some water and could visually see my cup shaking! My husband thought my blood sugar was low. I ate some deviled eggs ans a banana for breakfast and felt better. Is this normal? I also wasn't really hungry this morning but I felt I had to eat.

• Moderators

Nope. Shaking is not normal. Many people do not eat enough when they start a Whole30, so that would be my first concern. 

It is very important to eat a good breakfast within an hour of waking in the morning. This is very important to getting your hormones into a good rhythm to support fat loss and sleep among other things. By good breakfast I mean eating at least the minimum described in the meal template: http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf and more if you can stand it in the morning. 

Yeah, a couple eggs and a banana is not a full breakfast. That's a snack. For example, my breakfast is usually a 5oz. sausage patty (home-made) with about 1 c. diced and roasted sweet potato, a sliced shallot, and probably close to a cup of greens (whatever I have, spinach, kale, sliced brussels sprouts) all sauteed together in my cast iron skillet with coconut oil and spices. It fills a good-sized cereal bowl to the top and keeps me satiated for 5-6 hours.

Ok. I will try to eat more next time. I'm finding it difficult to eat only because I've never been a big fan of meats or veggies. So a lot of the foods do not appeal to me. However I HAVE been enjoying a lot of different foods that I never would've glanced at pre whole30! Breakfast is hard because I'm not hungry for meat and veggies. Eggs are great but I'm getting sick of them already. What do I really want for breakfast? A bowl of cereal! I hoping with time meat and veggies for breakfast will sound delicious...

I'm finding it difficult to eat only because I've never been a big fan of meats or veggies. 

I'm afraid this is one of those times when you really have to power through. You are a grown up. Find the combinations of meat and vegetables that are most appealing, but don't skip them just because you have never been a "big fan". I'm pretty sure once you eat them regularly (and stop giving your body simple sugar and carbs all the time) you will start to enjoy them more.

Archived