Karen's Whole30 Log

Kmlynne

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just take a deep breath and say "no thank you" when it is offered to me - tell (when I am asked) about how much better I feel, and lead by example.

71 days you are amazing! 

Yes, yes she is.   :wub:   So proud of you Karen!

Day 74

And....  I'm back - for today at least!

After a couple of days "unplugged" from technology (no cell service and intermittent internet), I have come to a home with both! 

Our family reunion was lots of fun.  The lodge was big enough to accommodate all of us (25-30 ages ranging 6-76) - even the dining area.  We had two glorious weather days filled with fun and activities:  lake swimming, zip lines, yard games, dancing on the porch, bonfires, ATV rides, indoor board games, trivia, and of course just visiting with family. :) 

Food was an adventure, with breakfast and lunches on our own, then each family preparing a meal.  I planned that I wouldn't be able to eat anything and brought all my own stuff.  I have to admit that by the last day, I was feeling a bit left out. :unsure:  I started to wonder why I was being so "good" when I was on vacation.  When the tequila came out the last evening, I was about ready to throw in the towel.  However, I had so many people commenting on how well I was doing, how strong I was, and (best of all) how good I was looking, that I just couldn't give in.  My aunt (who I have mentioned before) was also watching what I was eating (for inspiration for herself).  At the end of the last night, after the drinks and the appetizers, and dinner.  Several people were leaning back moaning about how their tummy felt.  Mom even went to bed early because she didn't feel well.  I, on the other hand, felt great and almost felt a little vindicated for being "good". :P

Gas and bloating is still a little bit of an issue.  On Friday morning, I bought some probiotics (and took them that day).  Since then, they have gotten lost in my baggage somewhere.  I plan on taking them each day once I get home.  I have come to realize that it is when I eat raw veggies that it is the worst.  Will have to lay off them until I get my gut back in shape - but they really are easy when you are traveling.

My biggest joy was going to Whole Foods with my aunt today - and finding the Tessamae's Ranch Dressing and Pederson Farms sugar free bacon.  I bought four of each.  I also bought a few bottles of Kombucha to try.  Still hesitant (scares me actually).  Now, to get it home in the cooler!

Meals by the day:

Friday:

M1:  3 eggs, spvh (sweet potato veggie hash), blueberries

M2:  2 chicken apple sausage, carrots, guac

M3:  kalua pork/mayo, asparagus/broccoli with guacamole, zoodles with Moroccan dipping sauce, beets

*  the zoodles with MDS was a huge hit with the family - many asking for the recipe.  One person asked what kind of noodles - when I said "zucchini", she said she had never heard of a zucchini pasta before and asked where to buy it - when I explained that it wasn't pasta, just zucchini, she was amazed.

Sat:

M1:  3 eggs, spvh, blueberries

M2:  grille chicken quarter, asparagus

Appetizer:  smoked goat ribs - my cousin raises her own goats - seasoned the meat with salt and herbs, then smoked it - delicious (and yes, I ate too many of them ;))
M3:  grilled chicken quarter, broccoli/cauliflower, guacamole

Sunday:

M1:  4 eggs, spvh, blueberries

M2:  a stop at Hardee's due to unforeseen circumstances:  1/3 pound bacon burger (yes, I know the bacon probably had sugar in it) with no bun or condiments, with lettuce, tomato and onion

M3:  Texas Roadhouse (I love :wub: this restaurant!)  10oz ribeye with onion and mushrooms, steamed broccoli/carrots, sweet potato with just cinnamon

Today:

M1:  4 eggs scrambled with spaghetti sauce

M2:  canned salmon with mayo, cucumber slices

M3 (planned) - rotisserie chicken quarter (Bare Naked), Aidells chicken apple sausage, spvh, broccoli/cauliflower/carrots, beets

M4: - we are eating very early, so I am planning (when everyone else has dessert) to have a banana with almond butter.  If I am not hungry, I will skip this.

It has been easy (mostly) and hard (on occasion) to stay compliant during vacation.  I have found, however, that it can be done.  I don't need to eat the junk to "fit in" and "be one of the crowd" - or to "have a good time".  Most people, after the initial asking why I am not eating the same food as everyone else (just explained that I have found I have food intolerances) didn't care.  A couple of people were interested and asked for more information - which I gladly gave to them. 

Tomorrow, I will be back on the road for a marathon push home.  I think I will have very little food in the cooler, but I should have enough to get me through the day.  See you all when I get back home again!

After 13 hours on the road, I am finally home. Just a quick post for now...

M1: 4 sb eggs, spaghetti sauce, blueberries

M2: grilled ch. quarter, baby carrots, guacamole

M3: chicken breast, lettuce, tomato

Snack - mixed nuts. Not hungry but needed to eat to stay awake in the car. Ate too many. Also had a apple in there somewhere.....

Day 76

I can't believe that I stay compliant (at least as far as I can tell) for a whole weeks vacation.  My mom called me today to make sure I had made it home without problems.  She said that she had gained 5 pounds!  I am sure some of it is water weight (we both tend to swell in our feet and ankle - me up to my knees) when we travel.  I am a bit puffy, but not as bad as usual.  I wanted to badly to jump on the scale and see if I at least stayed the same.....  Next weigh in and measurements - 14 days.  I really can't wait!  

What I learned on this trip:

1)  You can eat w30 while on vacation and while traveling.  Although I wouldn't recommend planning a vacation on your first w30, it can be done.

2)  eating well requires planning

3)  you can finish a vacation feeling good - not nauseous, bloated, constipated, etc from eating junk

4)  going to a place where you are used to eating "Junk food" is not the easiest place to visit when you are being "good".  Going home (where most of my family is) was always about food.  We would go to my grandmas house (she is no longer living) and she would serve us kids cantaloupe filled with ice cream as the adults caught up on the family news.  The thing is, as we ate the ice cream and hollowed out the cantaloupe half, she would add more ice cream!  Then there was the ice cream stand, the candy store, and the bowling alley all us cousins would congregate.  As we grew older, there was the bars, the popcorn store, the movie theater...  and so on.  I told my aunt on the last day that it was very strange to come into town and not go to Annie's Ice Cream...

5)  Gas stations and rest areas will not have any healthy/compliant food.

6)  My kids got a new appreciation of what I can't eat.  DS bought a package of Oreo cookies to share and was surprised about all the ingredients that were "bad".  He also wanted to stop at MCDs for dinner on the way home.  Said I could have a grilled chicken because it was "just chicken".  When I looked up and showed him the ingredient list, he was astounded.  "Why do they put all that in chicken", he asked.  I had no answer....

7)  you can get a hotel/motel room with a fridge for no extra charge!

All in all, I think I did well.  A couple bumps in the road, but easily manageable!

Today, I slept in late.  It helped that I thought to close all my curtains in my bedroom and the dogs weren't used to eating until later in the day.  Also, rainy weather was moving in and kept things darker.  I slept until 830 - the latest I think I have slept in months!  My dogs have not left my side today, and even got a little bit anxious when I was unloading the car.  I am glad that I am going to be around for a couple of days before starting my work shifts again.  After unloading the car, the dogs and I went for a walk (30 minutes in this heat and humidity = tired puppies).  We are going to have to build back up.  I am planning to hit the grocery store today if I get away from the computer long enough  :rolleyes:

M1:  3 boiled eggs chopped and added to a doodled zucchini, topped with tessamaes ranch dressing.

M2:  aidells chicken apple sausage (1), spvh, steamed broccoli/cauliflower/carrots with tessameas ranch dressing.

Karen, when we went to Florida for 2 weeks in March/April, I ate a lot of things my body wasn't used to.  Ice cream!  Wine every night.  Restaurant food in general -- even avoiding gluten the best we could, you know there is just so much stuff that isn't in our cooking at home.

I got SICK toward the end of that trip with a virus.  The kids had had it, too, but it really didn't seem that bad for them.  It kicked my butt.  I've always wondered if I could go back and eat differently, if I would have gotten down with that virus at all.  There have been lots of times the kids have been sick and I haven't gotten it.  This time, though, my body was not at its best and it got me, for sure.

I am just so happy for you that things are going so well for you and that you are sticking with it... truly a lifestyle change for you, and SUCH a great one!  What a great example you are setting for everyone around you.  

I will continue to check in here with you, although my journey with Whole 30 is over for now.  I have been reading the Carb Nite book (finally!) and I am officially ready to try it out for real.  I also got the Carb Backloading book and I am looking forward to reading it, too.  However, I love the forums here for recipes, support, etc. and I am so glad to have met you.  :)  Keep up the great work!  I always say I am "proud" of you, and that may sound silly.  YOU must be so proud of yourself!  What a victory, making it through this vacation.  Well Fed & well done!

I will continue to check in here with you, although my journey with Whole 30 is over for now.  I have been reading the Carb Nite book (finally!) and I am officially ready to try it out for real.  I also got the Carb Backloading book and I am looking forward to reading it, too.  However, I love the forums here for recipes, support, etc. and I am so glad to have met you.   :)  Keep up the great work!  I always say I am "proud" of you, and that may sound silly.  YOU must be so proud of yourself!  What a victory, making it through this vacation.  Well Fed & well done!

I am sorry to see you go!  (you have been my biggest supporter!)  Please do check in once in a while and log a couple of words here and there  ;)

I am glad that we got to know each other a little bit through this forum.  I completely recognize that the w30 may not be for everyone, and that it is not supposed to be a long time thing.  We all have to find what works for us and in our lifestyle and I wish you the best of luck in your next journey!

BTW, are you on FB?  I'd love to be able to informally "keep in touch" to see how things are going for you!

I am sorry to see you go!  (you have been my biggest supporter!)  Please do check in once in a while and log a couple of words here and there  ;)

I am glad that we got to know each other a little bit through this forum.  I completely recognize that the w30 may not be for everyone, and that it is not supposed to be a long time thing.  We all have to find what works for us and in our lifestyle and I wish you the best of luck in your next journey!

BTW, are you on FB?  I'd love to be able to informally "keep in touch" to see how things are going for you!

Karen, I sent you a private message.  I hope you get it ok.  I have never sent anyone a message here before.  ;)

I just want to say here that I LOVE the book, the program, and I will send anyone to the Whole 30 who is looking to get healthy and lose weight.  Anyone who wants or needs to break those unhealthy relationships with food.  Anyone who desperately needs to STOP counting and tracking and just live a new lifestyle!  Anyone who is struggling with health issues.  I will continue to recommend it again and again.  It is THE way to go.

Personally, I have a combo of reasons why I'm not going to attempt another strict Whole 30 right now.  Mainly I want to explore these carb-timing options and see if they live up to the hype.  I have seen some visible differences in body composition simply by consuming my carbs in the evening -- without even reading the books and knowing all the "rules".  In fact, I am able to put away quite a bit of carbs (especially on training days), right up to bedtime, without seeing any negative effects at all.  If anything, I wake up in the mornings with clearly defined abs looking at me in the mirror.   :blink:  I am intrigued by the idea that many of the things we are being taught are wrong.  Maybe the science shows that we need to be doing the exact opposite of what most people believe to be true.  I like to explore, try things out for myself, and I certainly am not one to follow the crowd just for the sake of following the crowd.  I love the forums here, and I want to feel like part of the group, but I don't fit in perfectly when I can't find ANY good reason for me to avoid potatoes.  {shrug}  I also see no good reason why I can't have some heavy cream in my occasional coffee at Starbucks without feeling like a loser and a failure.  I mean... really.  I had to get out of that mindset for my own mental health.

Sorry -- did not mean to de-rail your thread.  Again, SUPER, super happy for you & I will continue to check in and see your awesome-ness!   B)   I'm also inspired by your recipes/meal ideas.  I have the Well Fed 2 e-book and I just finally made my first recipe from it:  MAYO!  I can't believe it has taken me almost 2 Paleo years to make mayo.  I mean, seriously.  It was so good, I found myself carefully licking the blades of my blender.  Yep, I just said that.  How embarrassing.  haha  Take care!

Day 77

What a great day! I did absolutely nothing! Caught up on some recorded tv shows and cleaned out a few cabinets in my kitchen (if it hasn't been used in the last two years, it's going to the thrift shop...). The most stressful thing I have had to deal with is cooking my meals :)

M1: last of the spvh, mixed steamed veggies, blueberries, 3 eggs

M2: sweet and salty broccoli salad, belly dance beet salad, raw spinach, chicken apple sausage

M3: deconstructed nachos: plantain chips, ground beef w homemade taco seasoning, shredded spinach, tomato

I bought a bottle of kombucha but still haven't tried it. At the same time I bought a bottle of "kevita", a probiotic drink. I looked at the ingredients carefully and it looked compliant. After I tried it, because it seemed a bit sweet, I looked at the ingredients again. Organic stevia..... Guess I won't finish that bottle. It's a shame because it was really good. The kombucha I bought is citrus flavored. I had a hard time finding one without ginger. I will have to try it tomorrow :)

Day 78

Not in a great place in my head this morning. Frustrated that although my "big" clothes are baggy, my "smaller" clothes are still tight. The good things about w30 - feeling better, less pain in am, better mood, clearer skin - are no longer "new and exciting". I have to consciously remember that I have made progress, that the weight didn't come on in 3 months and will take longer than that to come off.

This morning, as I was pondering all this, I read this in Lady Ms log: "And the blessing in that is that if I can be patient and trust the process, the rewards will be deep and long lasting. Not too shabby, eh?" Just what I needed! This is what this forum is all about. The support and encouragement we give each other (even when we don't realize it) is invaluable!

So, I got myself up and went out for a walk with the dogs :). 1.85 miles in 30 minutes. This week, I have met my goal that I set for my second 30 and had yet to meet (exercise 2x a week). Hopefully will keep this up!

M1: 2 1/2 eggs, sweet and salty broccoli salad

M2: plantain chips, taco meat, shredded spinach, tomato, blueberries, 6 oz kombucha (oh my gosh delicious!)

Karen, I am here to encourage you to keep going!  But also, since the "shiny new-ness" is wearing off ;) -- maybe try something new.

...Oh, I dunno... like having no carbs with breakfast.  :D

I'm learning a lot every day reading these books.  You may be surprised at how your fat loss could accelerate if you simply had more fat and less carbs (ideally none, or at least just leafy greens/almost zero-carb veggie options) with breakfast.

The cliff notes version of it is:  The longer you wait in the day to introduce carbs, the better off you will be.  ;)

Just an idea.   :wub:

Thanks brewer5! I am looking at tweeks :). Tummy is finally feeling better most of the time with qod probiotics. Am also going to try more walking:)

M3: 2 chicken apple sausage, s&h broccoli salad, bd beet salad, sweet potato cooked in coconut oil

Breakfast and lunch kept me full. In fact, I only at dinner when I did because it was getting late, not because I was hungry. Now, it has been a couple hours sice eating dinner and I am hungry! Go figure ;)

Today is farmers market day. I love going and browsing the market. Now to find things to do with all the veggies.

M1: salmon salad (canned salmon, dill pickle relish, homemade mayo), sautéed onion, pepper, mushrooms and spinach with tessamaes ranch dressing

M2: 3 eggs scrambled with avocado oil, s&s broccoli salad

Day 79 Continued

After breakfast this morning, I had more bloating and cramping that only got worse after lunch. I laid down to nap and was just miserable. Most of the pain seemed to be on my left side. However, by the time I got up to go to work, it was gone and hasn't returned. I did have a glass of kombucha with lunch, and with dinner I took a probiotic. Wish I could figure this out.

After being off work for a little over 2 weeks, I am back on a night shift. It is only one and then I am off again for 4 days. I decided to try to keep my meal times as close to "normal" as I can and see how I do.

M3: (eaten about 10pm) small chicken quarter, guacamole, bd beet salad, sweet potato with ghee and sunrise spice and two Brazil nuts

Karen, I know you bought the probiotic stuff to help with your bloating, etc. -- BUT, those products can also cause these symptoms.  Our gut biome is so complicated and researchers are learning new things about it daily.  For example, they know that some bacteria seem to be "good" -- but which ones?  And for which people?  They are learning that the population of our guts is as unique as our fingerprint.  Literally.

So.  My first suggestion would be to stop any foods and products containing probiotics.  (For now).  Let things settle for a few days, let your bacteria duke it out in there and fight for space, let them do their thing.  I am suggesting this because at this point you don't know what is caused by these products, your food, or a combination of the two.  I would just remove this factor for awhile.

My next suggestion would be to follow a low-FODMAP diet for a few days.  See what differences you notice.  If you have SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), your gut will be sooo much more calm {maybe even silent} with the FODMAPs removed.  This is worth a shot, just to play detective and try something new.  At one point, I did it for a few days and I couldn't believe how much my digestion improved.  I do not pay much attention to the list now, but you can bet if I was having issues like that that I couldn't figure out again, I'd bring this list right back out and put it on my kitchen counter again!  

http://www.eat-real-food-paleodietitian.com/support-files/Paleo-FODMAP-food-list.pdf

Please just check out the list, see how many things you are eating in the "Be Careful" and "Avoid" lists.  I think it's worth a shot!   :)

Thanks! I will look at it tomorrow. Right now, I am barely keeping my eyes open....

Day 80

Last night, I ate around 10 pm and that held me over at work until about 5 am. I was hungry, but not craving by 5am. Usually, this would have been a trigger to have peanut butter and crackers. Today, I just knew I was ready to eat and had breakfast at home.

Once home, I had a quick stir fry breakfast and headed off to church. I have been surprisingly alert today (considering I've had no sleep!). At least until I came home and plopped my butt in a chair. Now I am struggling to stay awake. I am going to do my best to stay awake for a couple more hours and then go to bed at an early but reasonable hour, hopefully after having a quick dinner. Tomorrow morning I have a very stressful meeting that I need to be bright and alert for. (Would love anyone's prayers for this).

Last night, after dinner, I felt great. No gas, no bloating. This morning, after breakfast, I had a little bit - just enough cramping to know its there but not so much as to be uncomfortable. After lunch, I am completely miserable. I talked to the manager at BWW and found something compliant, but now I am wondering if it is from the raw veg, or cross-contamination from something else. For the rest of the week, I am not going to eat out and will pay more attention to what my body is telling me (trying to at least!).

M1: 4 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, and spinach sautéed in avocado oil

M2: carrot and celery sticks, naked chicken wings cooked in beef tallow

Day 81

So I woke up this morning still feeling miserable - lots of gas and bloating and cramping.  At least when I have had this, it is resolved by morning.  At the same time I had court this morning for child support.  (Very long story, but this always upsets me and makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it).  

Since I had gone to bed around 6 pm, I slept through until about 430am.  I knew I wasn't going to get back to sleep so I got up at 530 and went for a walk with the dogs.  

2 miles later I was home and making breakfast, trying to stop sweating so I could change clothes for court.  I really wasn't hungry (gut still hurt) but knew I had to eat so I had a very non template breakfast.  It didn't make my tummy worse, in fact may have even settled it.  After lunch, I had some mild cramping again - just enough to know its there but not enough to be miserable.  After dinner this evening, the cramps came back but not as bad.

By the recommendation of a friend :) I am trying to change up my eating (watching FODMAPS)  I am also "researching" what might be going on and to be honest I am just getting more confused.  So many conflicting "suggestions" and "reasons".  Anyway, going for small bland meals right now and if things don't change soon, I will be going to see my DR.

Anyway, after court, I had a lazy afternoon, then went to the airport (braving the storms) this evening to pick up DD from her stay with her cousin.  She had such a good time - talked the entire way home (over an hour), then followed me to my room to continue chatting.  I finally had to say, "I love you, but its after 11 and momma needs to go to bed!"

M1:  4 eggs scrambled, banana (no veg, didn't feel good)

M2:  spinach salad with bell pepper, cucumber and tomatoes with roasted chicken and tessamaes ranch dressing

M3:  hamburger patty with homemade mayo, 2 dill pickle spears, parsnip fries.  I had put homemade ketchup on my plate, then realized its a "bad" FODMAP, so didn't touch it.

Right now, tummy is tender and a little cramps - not as bad as yesterday, but something is going on......

Karen, I really hope you get some relief soon!  Even if you discover that removing the FODMAPs for a week or two doesn't help, it certainly won't hurt anything to give it a try.  So glad to hear that you're giving it a shot.  ;)

Congrats on making it through your court date.  I completely understand the whole anxiety / upset stomach thing, so I'm glad you've got that behind you and hopefully with a good outcome!

Day 82

Thanks Brewer5 :)

I have to admit that I am still feeling pretty miserable.... Don't know what else to say....

M1:  salmon with homemade mayo, 2 eggs fried in olive oil, zoodles with tesserae's ranch dressing

M2:  romaine lettuce salad with tomato, carrot, bell pepper and roasted chicken with tesserae's ranch dressing

midafternoon:  1/2 cup kombucha

M3:  spaghetti squash with meat sauce (I know FODMAP says no tomato sauce because of the sugars but this was organic whole ingredients with no sugar, tomato paste or "concentrated" ingredients)

Karen, 2 more things popped in my head this morning:

1)  Digestive enzymes.  My husband and I have been using Absorb Aid for around 13 years.

2)  Raw veggies can be hard on anyone's digestion -- especially if they are being eaten daily in large quantities.  I know that the Whole 30 calls for a lot of veggies, but it is my opinion that you could still stay compliant and cut out RAW veggies for awhile.  No one is going to kick you out of the club ;) if you even have some meals that don't contain veggies at all, just to see if you notice a difference.  How would a breakfast of just a lot of bacon, eggs, and ghee make you feel?  I wonder if making sure your veggies were really, really cooked (almost like mush) would help settle things down for you.

Karen, 2 more things popped in my head this morning:

1)  Digestive enzymes.  My husband and I have been using Absorb Aid for around 13 years.

2)  Raw veggies can be hard on anyone's digestion -- especially if they are being eaten daily in large quantities.  I know that the Whole 30 calls for a lot of veggies, but it is my opinion that you could still stay compliant and cut out RAW veggies for awhile.  No one is going to kick you out of the club ;) if you even have some meals that don't contain veggies at all, just to see if you notice a difference.  How would a breakfast of just a lot of bacon, eggs, and ghee make you feel?  I wonder if making sure your veggies were really, really cooked (almost like mush) would help settle things down for you.

Aren't digestive enzymes and probiotics the same thing?

I am trying to cut out the raw veg... The oodles were steamed. The salad was..... Well, raw :). I had stopped by my moms and stayed later than I expected. It was all she had in her house that was compliant! They are getting ready to go on a trip so have very little perishable (read "good" in their house!

The frustrating thing is that there is no rhyme or reason - I actually felt a little better after the salad. But it returned with a vengeance just before dinner.

Day 83

Not the best of days and I will state right away that I am off the template and trying to eat "gently" until I feel better.

I woke up today with less pain, just a heavy feeling in my lower abdomen.  I had a little breakfast, then headed into work for a presentation.  Was feeling pretty ok by the end of the presentation so I went for a walk.  At about mile four, the pain hit with a vengeance.  By the time I made it back to the car (mile and a half away), I was almost in tears.  I made it home and just curled up in my bed.  After about an hour, it was almost gone again.  Thus, I (gingerly) ate lunch and made it back to work for my second presentation.  Once home, I decided to experiment a little bit and have the same thing I had for breakfast "just to see".  Went to church, came home and packed my meals for work tomorrow and am heading for bed.  So far, no severe pain, but still feeling "tender".  Not sure what to think :)

M1:  3 eggs scrambled in ghee and olive oil, steamed carrots

M2:  3 eggs scrambled in olive oil, banana

M3:  3 eggs scrambled in olive oil, steamed carrots, a few blueberries and a small bite of sausage that I cooked for the kids dinner

Aren't digestive enzymes and probiotics the same thing?

No, not at all.

Probiotics are "good", beneficial, LIVE bacteria that are meant to populate your digestive tract and {hopefully} take up more space than the "bad" things we don't want, such as yeast and parasites.

Digestive enzymes come in many different formulas, but they all contain ingredients that help break down our food.  This helps with digestion, and also with better absorption of the nutrients we take in.  People can be taking in LARGE amounts of vitamins and minerals in their food, yet still be deficient if they are not producing enough enzymes to properly process and absorb these nutrients.  

I see this formulation recommended a lot in the "Paleo" world:

http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Super-Enzymes-Capsules/dp/B0013OXKHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405561348&sr=8-1&keywords=now+digestive+enzymes

This is the one my husband and I have taken for years:

http://www.amazon.com/AbsorbAid-Digestion-Stomach-Distress-Capsules/dp/B000VYXDIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405561735&sr=8-1&keywords=absorbaid

That being said, there ARE digestive formulas you can buy that contain both digestive enzymes and probiotics -- but no they are not one and the same.

With what you are describing happening on your walk, maybe a visit to the doctor is warranted.  :(  This sounds like it is going beyond cramping, bloating, and gas.  I am sorry you are having to deal with this when you've been feeling so good otherwise!

Karen, just saw this update this morning -- ALL varieties of potatoes are now considered Whole 30 compliant.  I don't know about you, but there is nothing more soothing to our tummies around here than a plain potato, baked or boiled.  That pretty much took the place of things like toast, saltines, etc. when we are sick.

http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/

I'm not saying "go eat potatoes and you will be better!" -- I just wanted to make sure you see it is now an option.  ;)

Archived