McJule's Post-Whole 30

mcjule

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to remember my meditation practice when I see pics of people in warm places this time of year. OTOH, it's so nice to have any change of scenery!  The trees will have that nice fringe of spring color and it'll be nice to relax and not be home. 

Weight is the same.  I felt a little disappointed, but that is ridiculous because I can't expect it to fall by a pound everyday!  Today I have a work-related event in the evening.  If I were on my Whole 30 this would be a no eating/no drinking event but I will allow myself a glass of wine as well as some food (avoiding gluten and sugar of course).  The goal is to do it all mindfully and not go overboard!

I completely forgot about weights last night until 10:15 pm and then I didn't have the energy!

Thanks everyone.  My husband has been working non-stop (nights and weekends too) and I've been doing too much single-parenting so I'm just excited for 10 days where I don't have all the childcare responsibilities and I get a break from work work.  Should be nice!

So last night wasn't perfect, but it was okay.  Weight is up a little today.  Basically I had a super stressful day and due to cab issues arrived late at my event.  I ate and drank a little more than I would have liked (I was also starving when I arrived).  Didn't go crazy, avoided the sugar, but still, not my best performance.  I have a conference today (with lunch provided) so hoping there are good options!

I hear you on the much needed break from single-parenting. It's so important to have that family time away together. Really critical I think. Hope you're enjoying it and not worrying about what you did or didn't do before you got there !

Back from vacation.  I meant to write yesterday but you know how the first day back at work is!  Anyhow, vacation was wonderful.  Of course with young kids it's not as relaxing as a no kid vacation but I got a lot of sleep, a lot of time outside, and generally relaxed.  Read my book, had to time to just sit -- it was great.  Weight is up four pounds (no surprise!).  I didn't go crazy at all.  I did have some sugar and gluten post-Easter, but generally the problem was just too much food.  I have noticed that is an issue when I'm eating out for every meal.  This week is devoted to just getting back into my groove.  I'm out of town for a work conference next week (more meals out!) so I'm trying to get back on track this week and then next week I'll just try to eat mindfully.

Weight is down a smidge, out of "vacation weight" into "top of my range weight."  So that's good.  I still have to get back into weights and thankfully I have yoga tomorrow.  Eating has been fine, not perfect, but better than when I was on vacation!

It isn't but luckily our house is pretty devoid of bad snacks or dessert so I'm not feeling tempted.  There haven't been a bunch of treats at work either.  Weight is down again, still up two pounds from pre-vacation but I'm getting there.  Glad to see it's not taking as usual to go back down.  Today is yoga (yay!), it's been forever.  I had work conflicts pre-vacation and then on vacation I wanted to go (our resort had yoga) but the timing wasn't working with the kids' schedule.  Weather here is awful and rainy.  Yuck!

Definitely not feeling very spring-like.  Today no rain but cold.  And tomorrow we might get snow??!!  

Weight is up a bit today.  Not a surprise -- I need to be prepared for these fluctuations.  Also, we had an afternoon BBQ at my work yesterday.  I wasn't planning to eat but had a couple sides -- coleslaw and potato salad.  Made my stomach hurt terribly -- not sure why, the mayo??  Anyhow, I thought I might gain from that.  Yoga was FANTASTIC!  I wish I could go everyday!

Also, weekend is busy but not with social stuff -- just kid stuff.  Baseball and soccer games and then a real (MLB) game on Sunday.  Should be fun but not too many food temptations.  My goal is to maintain over the weekend.

So my weekend eating was fine, better than usual I would say but Sunday morning my weight was up a couple pounds, which was super discouraging.  I can't think what caused it -- may have just been a fluctuation but I didn't weigh today because I didn't want to get upset.  Weekend was pretty low-key.  One kid sporting event got rained out on Saturday and we didn't do a lot due to the bad weather.  Yesterday we enjoyed the baseball game.  Leaving tomorrow for my conference so please send good eating vibes my way!  They also have yoga at this conference (how awesome is that??!!) but it's super early in the morning so I need to see how it goes before committing!

"not as relaxing as a no-kid vacation"

Haha. No, indeed. But I feel like it's necessary for everyone to spend time together when we're not rushing out the door or repeating for the 10th time to brush teeth, get PJs on. It's so good for the kids to see you, as  a couple, laughing and enjoying yourselves. 

You can hit that early yoga! Go to bed early and you'll be fine. Over Christmas I had to spend two nights in a hotel by myself with our dogs (long story) and at first I was complaining about it but then it turned into a mini-vacation. You travel for work so it's not that exciting I know. My husband travels a lot and he's totally over it, but to me the thought of a quiet hotel room alone, early bed with a book, up early for yoga sounds delightful. 

Archived