Canned Tuna

carolinegillen

So to my dismay I have just seen that canned tuna label reads: contains soy and tuna. It claims the ingredients are vegetable broth, tuna, and water. Is this compliant? I assume no since it says contains soy but I'm not sure. 

Thanks so much. 

Anyone found tuna that does not say this?  Starkist and BumbleBee and Chicken of the Sea all say this. 

• 1 month later...

I have found compliant tuna!  Sorry, but I too was very discouraged and so excited that I found it at my local grocery store.  I don't have a Whole Foods or Trader Joe's anywhere near me.  I believe it was Chicken of the Sea brand (I just ate my last can 2 days ago so I can't tell you for sure) but it's called dry-packed and it's just tuna inside.  It's double the price of a regular can of tuna but to me, it's worth it.  Also found the olive oil pouches are compliant. 

• 2 months later...

Hi there! I'm new and doing preparation today. The tuna I already have states for ingredients: chunk white albacore tuna, water. But then it says in bold: Produced in a facility that processes other fish, wheat and soy. I may be overthinking things, but would that be considered compliant? Or no because it could possibly be 'contaminated' with wheat and/or soy? Please help!

Archived