Looking for good sides to bring to a cookout

My husband's family is planning a get-together soon. What delicious Whole30-approved side should I make? I don't want everyone to notice I'm not eating the same thing as everyone else, because I don't want to deal with all of the questions.

(I don't need a healthier version of something unhealthy. Just something normal people would bring to a cookout that I could eat)

omg yes deviled eggs - always a party favorite! i also love making a big platter of grilled veggies, grill them with a balsamic marinade, or top them off with a yummy chimichurri sauce or something.

fruit salad, veggie tray with homemade mayo-based dip or guacamole, chicken or tuna salad (with the homemade mayo) served in endive leaves was always a favorite of my mom's parties. or meatballs?! throw something in the crockpot and bring that along!

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Oh, I'm sorry!  I totally forgot about the tbsp of honey... I'm done with my W60 but still read the forums and it slipped my mind :(  I think some apple juice like someone suggested would be good.  On the other hand that 1 tbsp is for the 16 oz bag of slaw I buy so even just skipping it might be fine!

What about date paste?  Is that allowed for a recipe like this?

Archived