Starting Tuesday, May 27th

heidilc717

Just checking in to say I'm still here! Happy day 21(ish), y'all! I'm doing fine on the food (more than ready to be able to eat out easily, though), but still struggling on the sleep. Hopefully this next week I can get that settled down.

I've been struggling with my sleep for about a week as well and had a migraine for a few days but hopefully it will sort itself out.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still here! I really didn't think I'd make it this far! This past week has presented with some food challenges (pizza!) But I was able to pass it up because I wasn't really hungry, and I knew that it would make me feel terrible after.

After 30 days is up I plan to continue to eat on plan, with the exception of an occasional off-road. I know that I will still avoid grains and sugar. I hope that I can reintroduce a little bit of cheese, and maybe dome peanut butter.

Once again, I love this forum!!

Well done today I've really wanted pizza for some reason but I won't especially as I've made it this far. I keep thinking If I managed to not have a cake for my birthday and the other treats then I really don't want to cheat now when I'm so close to finishing.

I plan to stick to this was of eating and just have the occasional thing every now and then.

Good job Elishia!  Every month at work, they celebrate the birthdays for the month with cake.  I'm not even going today, it's too tempting this close to the end! :unsure:

Let me see if this will work...(for any Arrested Development fans out there...)

It's our Final Countdown!!!  One more week to go!!

AD-Gob-Magician.gif

***Well Fed and Well Fed 2 are dirt cheap on Amazon-today only***

Thanks! Now that we're near the end, I finally have the books! Lol!

I'm still here! Glad tomorrow is Friday, though weekends have gotten harder, not easier as week days have. Pizza has been a thought on my mind, too. Has anyone found a reasonable alternative to kick this craving? I mean, it's really just a few more days, but just wondering. Probably hard without dairy or a dairy substitute...

Good luck for this final weekend, everyone!

For those of you itching for Pizza......try Well Fed's Meatza Pie.  I love it (and my kids love it too!)  I top mine with black olives, sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions.  

There's a recipe on her website http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/01/19/mexican-meatza-ole/ for a Mexican Meatza, but I like the Well Fed version better.....it has more of an Italian-style pizza flavor.

Thank you snowflower for the Meatza Pie link, I've actually been craving Mexican food and wanting to make homemade salsa and guacamole so they will go with this recipe wonderfully!

I'm starting to feel a little antsy about just being done with it all already, but I've started planning out my shopping list and my meal prep for the coming week. We're so close, it'd be silly to throw it all out now. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

I've probably mentioned this a few times, but if you guys aren't following @whole30recipes on Instagram, you're missing out! Some amazing recipes are being posted on there. For lunch today, I made the cilantro chicken salad pepper "boats" and I'm STILL thinking about how good they were...and how soon I can get everything to make more! Seriously yummy stuff on there!

Day 25 done!

Good job Elishia! Every month at work, they celebrate the birthdays for the month with cake. I'm not even going today, it's too tempting this close to the end

I know I feel like I want more thongs the closer I am to the end than I did at the beginning.

I can't believe we're actually in the last week. I've never done a diet or anything before because I didn't think I'd stick to it but I think this turned out not to be as restrictive as I first thought.

For those of you itching for Pizza......try Well Fed's Meatza Pie. I love it (and my kids love it too!) I top mine with black olives, sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions.

There's a recipe on her website http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/01/19/mexican-meatza-ole/ for a Mexican Meatza, but I like the Well Fed version better.....it has more of an Italian-style pizza flavor.

Ooh thanks off to check it out now, I finally have the book so I'll look for that version as well.

I cheated big last night. It was a choice . It was deliberate. I could go on and on with explanations but it would sound like excuses because they are. I know my triggers and am jumping back on to this way of eating for life with the occasional cheat. Keep it up... You can do this! Choose to stick with it!

Rkrzywda, like I've said before, sometimes life just happens. Or we choose for life to happen. ;-) I'm still glad you've shared these 30 days with us!

I'm finding myself already getting casual with my eating. Not cheating at all, just not as prepared as I should be. I'm getting my act together today and prepping my last 3 days.

I'm really, honestly shocked that I've made it this far, and I think a lot of it has to do with being accountable to a lot of people, including all of you, so thank you for participating on this thread and supporting me! I hope it's helped you just as much!

I also have quite a few people cheering me on, both in my family and at work, so that has helped a lot too. Although, I could have cheated and not told anyone, and I haven't. So ultimately, I'm proud of myself for sticking with it for ME. Haha! Yay me! :). And yay to all of you that are still here to the end! :)

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say You guys are Rock Stars!!! Congratulations on making it this far and on your successful completion!!

This will probably be my last comment here - life has thrown me a curve ball. My father passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday. Maybe I will share a Whole 30 again with some of you in the future!

I'm finding myself already getting casual with my eating. Not cheating at all, just not as prepared as I should be. I'm getting my act together today and prepping my last 3 days.

I thought it was just me i've been so slack this week with prepping.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say You guys are Rock Stars!!! Congratulations on making it this far and on your successful completion!!

This will probably be my last comment here - life has thrown me a curve ball. My father passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday. Maybe I will share a Whole 30 again with some of you in the future!

Sorry for your loss colleenb

Anybody freaking out about reintroduction? I don't have half of the stuff in my house so trying to do research but some of the things on the list are not things I would usually eat all the time if at all so not sure if to include them in the reintroduction  :unsure: 

I'm with you Elishia! Totally freaking out about reintroduction! I really don't have a plan and I think that's the problem. I'm worried about going off plan in the slightest and back to bloatville (even just for reintros). I may stay W30 for a few more days just to put a firm plan in place.

Archived