Starting Tuesday, May 27th

heidilc717

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting Tues too. I've finally decided to admit I'm addicted to sugar and it's time to do something about it! Feel pretty comfortable with planning so far. I also signed up for the whole30 daily! I'm hoping that will give me some great tips. The plan is to make a new lifestyle in 30 days and then continue it!

I'm starting my second Whole 30 Tuesday as well.  I'm really hoping to use this forum for support more this time because I fell off the wagon hard last year.  I feel horrible and can barely get out of bed every morning, so I'm ready for superclean eating and getting back on the paleo track!

Good luck, y'all!

I'm nervous too but ready to do it! Finishing up my food prep tomorrow. Every recipe I've made so far is amazing (chocolate chili, best chicken, sunshine sauce) so I'm happy with how everything is turning out!

I know it's a little early in the game, but does anyone have a favorite recipe yet?

I'm starting Tuesday with the bare minimum of supplies and high hopes of getting through Saturday, when I can do the rest of my shopping. I should be able to get through 4 days of eating salads, hard boiled eggs and grilled meats and veggies. My biggest hurdle is that hubby is not on board. He thinks it's "too extreme.". But I need this. I can't get through a day without some kind of sweets, am tired ALL the time and typically resort to some overprocessed " food" source for lunch at least a few times a week.

I hear you, LindyJules! Those are the exact reasons I'm doing this too! My husband totally supports me doing this, but is a bigger sugar and junk food junkie than I am. He's also an ultra-marathoner with 7% body fat so he works off everything he puts in his mouth. The jerk.

I bet your husband will be more supportive once he sees the changes in you, so you could let that be your motivation!

I'm starting my 3rd W30 on Tuesday as well! The first one was great, the second tougher. I've kept pretty clean since both of those, but not as of recently. I'm now pregnant and finally (hopefully!) over morning sickness and want to do another to another to reset back into "normal" eating. I have also gotten out of prepping food in advance and am seeing how that's essential for me. Hubs is fine with me eating whatever I want, but he's in no way going along with it. I've tried to make our meals acceptable for both of us, which usually means adding veg for me, starch/bread/cheese for him. I'll never get Ritz, cheddar, or tortilla chips out of our house, but it's still not been impossible to survive through it. Tough some days, but not impossible :)

My favorite meal by far is making fresh rolls with nori and Sunshine Sauce for dipping. I love food that you can eat with your hands. I also really like the Fried Chicken Liver recipe in Well Fed 2, with tomatoes and apple slices. (Something I would neevveerr have ventured if not for a W30! :) )

I would like to get some friends starting Tuesday for daily support also! Instagram sounds like easy posting of food ideas. I'm going this alone, I need it! I keep telling myself this only 30 days. I think daily accountability and and support will help. Heidilc717 I'll follow you on Instagram , thank you already for encouraging post😊

I'm starting tomorrow too! This will be my second full Whole30 (I also did a W14 in January). My first was last July/August, and I've been eating mostly Paleo since then (pretty much everything I cook for myself is W30, with a little more leeway when I eat out). I just got back from a two-week vacation and I'd been offroading more than usual even before that, so I'm really looking forward to a reset! Good luck to everyone - you're going to feel awesome when you're done!

I'm also starting whole30 for the first time tomorrow.  Spent the last week reading up.  I think my challenge will revolve around the family, my wife and 2 young girls.  Wife is on board for the most part so should be an interesting adventure.

Other big issue will be no alcohol.  Not saying I'm a lush or anything but one of our favorite summertime past-times is having a few drinks by the pool with friends and we're entering into swim season here in AZ...

Just finished boiling some eggs, cutting up veggies for my salad and setting aside my food for tomorrow. Also finished off a mostly empty bottle of wine, my favorite cheese from the fridge and will be eating my final piece of birthday cake in about 15 minutes. The kids will be happyto finish off the rest tomorrow. Getting excited, but my trip to the grocery store made me realize that I have more reading to do before my next shopping trip!

Archived