Not hungry

I find myself eating 1000 calories a day or less. I have no appetite at day17. I have to really work at eating. Never ate much but took in a lot of liquid calories in soft drinks and thd stuff like smoothies. Any suggestions?

• Moderators

I think the no appetite thing is pretty common, I remember going through the same thing about halfway through both my W30s. 

If you make yourself eat three meals a day, eventually your appetite will come back. Make them to the smaller end of the template, but have meals with veggies, protein, and fat. You're not really supposed to be counting calories, but if you're truly concerned you're not eating enough calories, the fastest way to add them would be to add fat. Make sure you have some at every meal. 

• Moderators

If you are drinking coffee, stop. Coffee is an appetite suppressant and you need your appetite. 

Eat within an hour of waking in the morning. You may not feel like eating then, but your body needs to eat soon after waking to help get your hormones on a good schedule. It may be hard at first, but it helps you to get into a good rhythm of wake and sleep and hunger. The longer you delay breakfast, the longer it can take to develop proper hunger signals among other things. 

I eat breakfast within 20 minutes of getting up. I have a hard time eating one egg with veggies cooked with it.  I have never eaten a lot, just used liquid calories previously.  They are gone, but the desire to eat a lot is not there. My husband, who is doing this as well, is hungry all the time.  No coffee, not a coffee drinker. Never liked chocolate either.  The thing I miss is cheese.  I am allergic to soy, so I have always made most food from scratch, so unless I was feeling like it, there was never bread in the house.  I always made my own mayo and salad dressing.  I love avacado, but about a 1/4 is all I can eat. I will keep on it.  Not that much longer to go.

When I was having trouble getting my veggies in for breakfast, I made some pureed soups.  I kept a big bowl in the fridge and poured out and heated up a healthy serving at a time.  Quick, easy and gentle on my stomach - not to mention that it helped me get more veggies!

Archived