Starting June 30th, 2014

CreatingReyRey

Your comment made my day @GaryAndMe - I was standing at my work-desk and laughing as I was reading it.  I just had this vision of me down here in Melbourne doing a happy dance (like literally, I had Pharrell on Youtube and was dancing around feeling amazing this morning.  It's such an out of body experience for me to be a morning person!) and then picturing you up in Oklahoma with the ground shaking and wondering what was going on.

Of course, I never read the Whole30 forums when I'm at work.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can't have been me, I've lost 4 kilos!

You certainly do have a friend in Australia xoxo

:) this post really brought a smile to my face, so funny. Will miss the posts if I dont do another 30 :(

@noidea...

Thanks so much! We have been having an unusual amount of earthquakes in Oklahoma (yes, you read that correctly) & I thought I felt one earlier today! Must've been you dancing your jig!

So happy to be able to share. I told my daughter, "hey! I have a friend in Australia"! ☺️

Whole lotta shakin' goin' on where I live, too.   I watch the quakes in Oklahoma almost weekly.  You and Becky B. might enjoy these links. 

http://www.iris.edu/seismon/

Run your mouse over the circle and it gives all the details, magnitudes, etc.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

Click on the orange circles and it will bring up the info for you here.

@GaryandMe: I'm with you!! Whole 30 round 2!

Has anyone else noticed they are still eating like they are going through whole 30? I haven't cheated (except I had some bacon!) but no grains, alcohol, or dairy in the past week.

I can't wait to see what another whole 30 does to our bodies.

Hello everyone from a freezing cold down under!

I still consider this to be "our" forum - just because the 30 days is over doesn't mean we can't keep talking.  It's the start of our journey together towards wholeness and health, and I like having you guys around to talk to about these things.

I'm still eating Whole30, albeit with a little dairy (truffle butter on a steak, OMG, so good) and a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend.  I've decided to keep eating Whole30 for the next month, but if I'm out for a meal I'm not going to sweat the small things - I'll make as good a choice as I can but won't lose sleep over a bit of dairy or a nice glass of red.

I'm trying to make this a long term, sustainable way of living.  I really need to break the back of my sugar demon and so am cutting it out quite religiously for the next month.  I was telling my chiropractor about my eating plan and he said it takes six weeks for the body to get used to a new regime.  So I'm hanging on for grim death and really trying hard to avoid sugar.  I'm still getting cravings but I also know I've come this far so I may as well keep going - it can't hurt me!   I've avoided grains.  Last time I reintroduced gluten I had the worst tummy pains so am really reluctant to crack out the bread again.  I'll just eat ghee instead, hahahaha.

I'm feeling pretty awesome though - how are you guys feeling physically?  My most epic moment was fitting into my REALLY skinny jeans yesterday (I have three levels of skinny jeans people, I find it's better to work in increments with these things.)  It's not just the weight though - the fact I'm at work, it's after three and I'm still working productively (although I'm bored s%$#less) is so cool.  I've enrolled in some classes and participating in many things I love - and I have the energy and resolution to do this extra, soul-giving activity.  Without sugar.

@Maryc21 - I have a great Polish smallgoods maker near me who makes the most delicious compliant bacon.  Amazing stuff.  I wish I could send you some. 

I can't believe all those earthquakes!

Hello everyone from a freezing cold down under!

I still consider this to be "our" forum - just because the 30 days is over doesn't mean we can't keep talking.  It's the start of our journey together towards wholeness and health, and I like having you guys around to talk to about these things.

I'm still eating Whole30, albeit with a little dairy (truffle butter on a steak, OMG, so good) and a couple of glasses of wine over the weekend.  I've decided to keep eating Whole30 for the next month, but if I'm out for a meal I'm not going to sweat the small things - I'll make as good a choice as I can but won't lose sleep over a bit of dairy or a nice glass of red.

I'm trying to make this a long term, sustainable way of living.  I really need to break the back of my sugar demon and so am cutting it out quite religiously for the next month.  I was telling my chiropractor about my eating plan and he said it takes six weeks for the body to get used to a new regime.  So I'm hanging on for grim death and really trying hard to avoid sugar.  I'm still getting cravings but I also know I've come this far so I may as well keep going - it can't hurt me!   I've avoided grains.  Last time I reintroduced gluten I had the worst tummy pains so am really reluctant to crack out the bread again.  I'll just eat ghee instead, hahahaha.

I'm feeling pretty awesome though - how are you guys feeling physically?  My most epic moment was fitting into my REALLY skinny jeans yesterday (I have three levels of skinny jeans people, I find it's better to work in increments with these things.)  It's not just the weight though - the fact I'm at work, it's after three and I'm still working productively (although I'm bored s%$#less) is so cool.  I've enrolled in some classes and participating in many things I love - and I have the energy and resolution to do this extra, soul-giving activity.  Without sugar.

@Maryc21 - I have a great Polish smallgoods maker near me who makes the most delicious compliant bacon.  Amazing stuff.  I wish I could send you some. 

I can't believe all those earthquakes!

I like you point about this being "our" forum. I like your plan to make the best choices you can I aim to do the same so that I am at least 80/20 whole30 but wont get upset if my steak has been cooked in butter. I think it is best to leave out the wine for a couple of month. My experience is this the sugar dragon getting a sneak feed. I totally agree withyour chiropractor that it takes about 8 weeks. or even slightly more for those of us with slow metabolisms :(

@noideawhatdayitis: I would love some of that compliant bacon! And I agree I am going not sweat the small things- if my salad I order comes with cheese, or if the bacon I have has a small amount of sugar. Unlike you, I do not have a sugar demon but have a hefty amount of weight to loose.

I finally stepped on the scale 3 days ago. I lost 17 pounds. I'm super excited about that. I have no interest in stepping on the scale again. I'm going to continue to gauge my weight loss based on inches lost and how my cloths feel. Over the weekend I had to go shopping for smaller work pants - for the first time in forever I was excited about pants shopping. I also had to get a smaller bra.

My goal these next 30 days is to drop another pants size. What is everyone else's goals?

Good Afternoon from Oklahoma!

They say confession is good for the soul, so I'm gonna give it a try!

Since we had 4 days between our first W30 & our second, I allowed

myself a few liberties.

Well...Not only did I fall off the wagon, I feel like the wagon actually

ran over me! At first, it was minimal, and controlled, but soon. I was

allowing myself more and more...I will refrain from listing what items

I ate, but let's just say...I was naughty!

So! I weighed this morning to begin our Second Round & had gained

3 of my 16 lost. Bummer! And- I felt like crap!

But today was good and I'm refocused, ready to see more results.

In the past, I would have never confessed this to ANYONE, but we are

here to help one another, and figured my 4-day celebration might help

someone else.

On a good note: I was also able to buy some jeans in a size smaller,

which had me doing 'the down-under boogie' !

Good Afternoon from Oklahoma!

They say confession is good for the soul, so I'm gonna give it a try!

Since we had 4 days between our first W30 & our second, I allowed

myself a few liberties.

Well...Not only did I fall off the wagon, I feel like the wagon actually

ran over me! At first, it was minimal, and controlled, but soon. I was

allowing myself more and more...I will refrain from listing what items

So! I weighed this morning to begin our Second Round & had gained

3 of my 16 lost. Bummer! And- I felt like crap!

But today was good and I'm refocused, ready to see more results.

In the past, I would have never confessed this to ANYONE, but we are

here to help one another, and figured my 4-day celebration might help

someone else.

On a good note: I was also able to buy some jeans in a size smaller,

which had me doing 'the down-under boogie' !

Oh no! not another bogie, no wonder we had an earthquake in Spain ::))).

Hey, I think we can all relate to falling off the wagon and I think it is great that you called a halt and got back to your whole30 and looked at your long term success and didn't dwell on the few days that didn't go so well. We are in for the long term and hence the odd slip here or there is just part of the learning process. I am learning more and more that it is my mind that wants and runs these slips and definately not my body which usually feels like ¡**#¥ afterwards. I hope I am getting to the point where my continued welll being is more important to me than an item of food, why do I forget this sometimes in the momement? Yes, your post is helpful and thank you for sharing, for me at the moment the more. i can understand this behaviour in myself the easier I hope it is becoming in eliminating sprees. When I deviate I want it to be for a good reason, I want to enjoy it and swiftly revert to my default foods. I said before 80/20 is my aim and at the moment for August I am 100% ... so watch out in Aus, I will be jigging too as I only have a few kg to go to reach a major milestone.

I will refrain from listing what items

I want to address this because I think it is so very very important to long term sustainability of healthy eating. 

You Were NOT Naughty!

You made choices that made your body less healthy yes, but that doesn't make you bad or naughty or evil or anything else.

The food you put in your mouth does not affect your self worth as a human being.

I struggled with binge eating and food sneaking for most of my adolescent and adult life. What I finally came to realize in this last year is that food was my rebellion. I've always been a big rule follower so when I wanted to be "bad" I used food as the venue. But it didn't make me bad it just made me feel bad and made me unhealthy.

When you separate morality from the choices you make about food it lets you focus on the health of the food instead. You can ask questions like "Is it worth it?" and "Is it special?" without the rebellion aspect involved. You are a grown up. You can eat anything you want to if you are not on a Whole30. Everything is a choice. You get to choose how healthy you want to feel. Yes Whole30 has strict rules but if you go off them the only result is that you might not get the full measure of your experiment like putting the wrong dose of a chemical into a beaker in Chemistry class - but that doesn't make you a bad person.

Ok...stepping off my soapbox now. 

@GaryandMe: you are amazing. Thank you for being honest. I slipped the day before we were starting our second round and had some pita chips. I don't know what happened - temporary loss of will power. I actually saw my will power run out of the house as I reached for the pitas! Oh well. Moving on!

How is everyone doing? Feeling?

My first 5k race is this coming Saturday so I would appreciate good vibes send to Indiana. I ran 3 miles this morning and felt good so I feel ready for Saturday.

I've been doing yoga for about 2 weeks. Man i suck at it. I am the biggest person in the class, everyone else is super skinny and WAY more advanced than I am. But I'm trying to keep my head up. It makes me feel soooo good afterward and I think it's a god balance with the running. It has also help me control my thoughts and emotions. I love the 10 minute meditation/quite time at the beginning and end of class.

What are you guys doing for yourselves to feel better?

Something not so fun to share: I finally had an honest talk with my husband. He is very obese and eats crap and drinks most nights. There is a joke in our friend circle that he is going to die by the time he is 40. (I don't find it funny). I know he is extremely self conscious about his weight but he plays it off by being " the funny fat guy". I was honest with him that his current life style is stressful for me. While I am eating salmon and broccoli he is eating a cheeseburger, fries, and drinking multiple beers. He seemed to hear me. He has been waking more often and not eating out as much. I hope these little changes snowball into bigger and more serious life changes.

Since starting this journey I have had to rely on your guys and some of my close girl friends for support and encouragement. My husband is very supportive and positive but it's hard for me to hear "great job running this morning babe!" As he is eating McDonald's breakfast and drinking a large coke. I had been building resentment towards him so I am glad I was able to have an honest talk.

I hope that wasn't TMI. Maybe I shouldn't have shared that aspect of my life? Is anyone else struggling with something personal they would like to share and release? I give @GaryandMe the credit for me being brave enough to share this.

@GaryandMe: you are amazing. Thank you for being honest. I slipped the day before we were starting our second round and had some pita chips. I don't know what happened - temporary loss of will power. I actually saw my will power run out of the house as I reached for the pitas! Oh well. Moving on!

How is everyone doing? Feeling?

My first 5k race is this coming Saturday so I would appreciate good vibes send to Indiana. I ran 3 miles this morning and felt good so I feel ready for Saturday.

I've been doing yoga for about 2 weeks. Man i suck at it. I am the biggest person in the class, everyone else is super skinny and WAY more advanced than I am. But I'm trying to keep my head up. It makes me feel soooo good afterward and I think it's a god balance with the running. It has also help me control my thoughts and emotions. I love the 10 minute meditation/quite time at the beginning and end of class.

What are you guys doing for yourselves to feel better?

Something not so fun to share: I finally had an honest talk with my husband. He is very obese and eats crap and drinks most nights. There is a joke in our friend circle that he is going to die by the time he is 40. (I don't find it funny). I know he is extremely self conscious about his weight but he plays it off by being " the funny fat guy". I was honest with him that his current life style is stressful for me. While I am eating salmon and broccoli he is eating a cheeseburger, fries, and drinking multiple beers. He seemed to hear me. He has been waking more often and not eating out as much. I hope these little changes snowball into bigger and more serious life changes.

Since starting this journey I have had to rely on your guys and some of my close girl friends for support and encouragement. My husband is very supportive and positive but it's hard for me to hear "great job running this morning babe!" As he is eating McDonald's breakfast and drinking a large coke. I had been building resentment towards him so I am glad I was able to have an honest talk.

I hope that wasn't TMI. Maybe I shouldn't have shared that aspect of my life? Is anyone else struggling with something personal they would like to share and release? I give @GaryandMe the credit for me being brave enough to share this.

No, not  TMI, sometimes we need to share these things to get them out of our system. My partner is far from supportive but little by little he is coming round to the idea. Hopefully in time your husband will follow your example. I feel it is a lot harder following the whole30 when my partner love junk food and your post helps me know that I am not the only one with this form of extra challenge. 

@noideawhatdayitis: my run went well. I finished but realized how slow I run. So before my next race I'm focusing on pace running and decreasing my mile time. Yoga is going great!! I love it! I'm going to officially sign up for a 3 month membership to the studio for unlimited yoga. My body, mind, and spirit love what yoga does to me. It brings me peace and quite and allows my mind to focus on myself.

Things with my spouse are better. He is making more heathy choices. For example: yesterday he drove to mcdonalds for breakfast but then turned around, came home, and cooked eggs himself! I was so proud!! He is walking 1 or 2 miles almost every day which is great and he is eating more meals at home. Tonight we are having chicken cobb salads.

I need help though, I am feeling a bit burnt out and sick of so much cooking. I'm eating more "low carb" than whole 30. My fruit and veggie intact has decreased, my caffeine intact had increased. I'm more tired during the day and when I get home in the evening. My house and kitchen are a mess and I'm feeling extremely lazy. But that's what you guys are for!!! I need encouragement to get back in the kitchen, meal plan, and eat more veggies!! Even though I'm eating low carb the inches aren't coming off like when I was on strick whole 30.

I am going to consider today DAY 1

I'm in a wedding next Saturday and I know I'll have a couple of drinks but I need to get back on the wagon! I wouldn't say I've fallen off the wagon - I'm not eating sugar or gluten but I'm leaning way off the side of it.

How is everyone else doing?

I've come to the realization since the first half of the month has not gone so well I'm not going to meet my goal if dropping another pants size by September 1st.

I recently read a great quote: when things are not going as originally planned just tell "Plot Twist!" And move on

Plot Twist!!

@noideawhatdayitis: my run went well. I finished but realized how slow I run. So before my next race I'm focusing on pace running and decreasing my mile time. Yoga is going great!! I love it! I'm going to officially sign up for a 3 month membership to the studio for unlimited yoga. My body, mind, and spirit love what yoga does to me. It brings me peace and quite and allows my mind to focus on myself.

Things with my spouse are better. He is making more heathy choices. For example: yesterday he drove to mcdonalds for breakfast but then turned around, came home, and cooked eggs himself! I was so proud!! He is walking 1 or 2 miles almost every day which is great and he is eating more meals at home. Tonight we are having chicken cobb salads.

I need help though, I am feeling a bit burnt out and sick of so much cooking. I'm eating more "low carb" than whole 30. My fruit and veggie intact has decreased, my caffeine intact had increased. I'm more tired during the day and when I get home in the evening. My house and kitchen are a mess and I'm feeling extremely lazy. But that's what you guys are for!!! I need encouragement to get back in the kitchen, meal plan, and eat more veggies!! Even though I'm eating low carb the inches aren't coming off like when I was on strick whole 30.

I am going to consider today DAY 1

I'm in a wedding next Saturday and I know I'll have a couple of drinks but I need to get back on the wagon! I wouldn't say I've fallen off the wagon - I'm not eating sugar or gluten but I'm leaning way off the side of it.

How is everyone else doing?

I've come to the realization since the first half of the month has not gone so well I'm not going to meet my goal if dropping another pants size by September 1st.

I recently read a great quote: when things are not going as originally planned just tell "Plot Twist!" And move on

Plot Twist!![/quote)

That is brilliant news regrding your husband. I too have wavwered a bit but am back on track, yesterday bwing day 1 again. As for cooking, not my favourite task,nor washing pots I have one ir two prep days a week whwre I cook extensively, instead of making one shephards pie I make 6 or 7 servings fromserveral packs of mince and freeze aome, I rice a few cauliflowers, peel carrots etc. That way i can have at least a few days a week of ready meals.

Well done on the run, dont be too harsh on yourself about the slow time, something to work on for thefuture.

How is everyone tracking?  What day are you on in your second Whole30?

@Maryc21 - how did your run go?  And how's the yoga coming along?

I'm interested to hear how things are going with your partners.

Especially, I want to know if there's been any earthquakes.

I have recently started doing the Tibetan Five Rites each morning. (a bit like yoga). I am pretty hopeless at it but it really seems to be good for my body. I am thinking of adding a short intensive exercise routine in the afternoon to this practice so watch out for earthquakes as I will be doing some jumping jacks. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello out there!!! How is everyone doing? I stumbled my way through August. I didn't gain or lose anything. I'm on day 4 of my second whole 30. I'm tired and hungry. I went for a run this afternoon and it didn't go well. :( I am registered to run a 4 mile race at the end of the month so I need to get going!!

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant so please send us good vibes! If any of you ladies know of helpful fertility boosts let me know!

Mary

Archived