June 1st Support Thread-- Reintroduction thread

CharDoll

My boyfriend came into town last night, and we were hungry so we ordered Chinese food. I was feeling good after not having any dairy for a while, so I ordered my favorite. Sweet n Sour chicken.

Evidently that was too many carbs or something. I've always had an issue with my body heat rising when laying down for bed, but it's gotten better after cutting carbs down to less than 50grams a day...well, last night when I laid down for bed and started to relax, my body heat rose to the level of MORDOR and I laid there, wide awake until around 3am or so.

I was not amuse.

Take out chinese quite often has msg in it. That might be more of the issue than the carbs.  I know that is an issue for 2 of my kids.

wow group, what a day so far.

woke up with no energy to run today but managed a 45 minute walk. ate breakfast and then went to barre.

starving for lunch at 11:15 instead of noon so went ahead and ate at 11:30. Ate a large compliant meal with a sweet potato added in.

fell asleep after lunch for 15 minutes. woke up with MAJOR sugar craving and almost got up to "binge" on cereal or anything sugary.

Kept my behind on the couch and talked myself out of it. A couple of deep breaths and got up and now chewing on sugar free gum (better than eating crap).

Drank water and doing better.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME every few weeks? It is so frustrating. I know a binge is imminent but the i keep telling the ED voice to shut up. I'm not crazy, please know that, but it is so hard. I'm accepting this is my issue to work through but I just don't understand why this happens.

My guess is after quick nap, I had low blood sugar when I woke up (like many do) and the craving bit kicked in. There is no a walk wore me out today and barre is non cardio so i don't think i overdid anything. 

ARGH

wow group, what a day so far.

woke up with no energy to run today but managed a 45 minute walk. ate breakfast and then went to barre.

starving for lunch at 11:15 instead of noon so went ahead and ate at 11:30. Ate a large compliant meal with a sweet potato added in.

fell asleep after lunch for 15 minutes. woke up with MAJOR sugar craving and almost got up to "binge" on cereal or anything sugary.

Kept my behind on the couch and talked myself out of it. A couple of deep breaths and got up and now chewing on sugar free gum (better than eating crap).

Drank water and doing better.

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME every few weeks? It is so frustrating. I know a binge is imminent but the i keep telling the ED voice to shut up. I'm not crazy, please know that, but it is so hard. I'm accepting this is my issue to work through but I just don't understand why this happens.

My guess is after quick nap, I had low blood sugar when I woke up (like many do) and the craving bit kicked in. There is no a walk wore me out today and barre is non cardio so i don't think i overdid anything. 

ARGH

What?! Really?

But I don't have a problem with low blood sugar. I'm very healthy, active. It's just when I woke up from the 15 minute snooze (okay, right after I ate lunch)...I woke up with a sugar craving. That is related to the sweet potato?

What do I eat instead? I do exercise regularly every/most days.

What?! Really?

But I don't have a problem with low blood sugar. I'm very healthy, active. It's just when I woke up from the 15 minute snooze (okay, right after I ate lunch)...I woke up with a sugar craving. That is related to the sweet potato?

What do I eat instead? I do exercise regularly every/most days.

well i guess i re-introduced a few things i hadn't had for awhile. chocolate. tasted good but not as good as I remember a couple of months ago.

also went to eat a pita cracker…spit it out. It tasted so blah. 

will plan to eat template friendly tomorrow.

that off plan sugar…i was a hungry mess this morning and woke up with cravings galore.

i also know i was tired and just beating myself up a bit too much

anyway…back on track today and feel a bit better.

m1: eggs, sauerkraut, coffee

m2: broccoli, carrots with coconut oil, avocado and 2 chicken/mushroom sausage links

the template is such a great way to get back on track without tracking anything. Also sugar is yummy but can really wreak havoc on someone like me who is an emotionally driven person (i.e. food is the go to in any emotional distress). I have to rely on the forums and anything else to turn to when I feel "weak".

any suggestions on good links or go to quick reads to pull up when feeling the urge to eat everything in sight?

Take out chinese quite often has msg in it. That might be more of the issue than the carbs.  I know that is an issue for 2 of my kids.

I didn't even think of that. That just might have been it!

I'm not reintroducing for myself, as I moved over to the July Whole30 and am doing well, but I did let my kids have some "gluten-free" rice pasta yesterday and the day before.  Subjectively my son seemed to have more body movements yesterday.  He has been desperate for macaroni and cheese so I bought several brands of gluten-free mac and cheese.  I ended up making a cashew cream for the pasta because I just couldn't bear to reintroduce dairy yet.  I think I already know that dairy increases their hyperactivity.  I'm just loving their calm demeanor so much that I just can't bear let up on the restrictions.  I do need to find the occasional non-paleo treat for them or they will eventually rebel from being Paleo.

Today all I wanted was vegetables drizzled with coconut oil and topped with coconut flakes. I did eat 3 eggs for M1. But meal 2 and 3 were a huge plate of cooked veggies. the thought of any meat just wasn't on my palate today.

I also think feeling bloated and just heavy attributed to my disdain for wanting to meat. Hoping to be a little "lighter" tomorrow if you catch my drift.

BTW, I didn't eat veggies in hopes to get things moving. Today that's all I genuinely have been wanting.

anyone still here? I miss our group and support

woke up tired. first time in months ate m1 Before workout. and went and rested.

got up and went to workout class.

m2: turkey burger patty wrapped in lettuce and huge side of roasted veggies topped with coconut oil. finished with big handful of coconut flakes.

confession: still feeling binging urges though I'm full and feel great. not tired, etc. It's just anxiety and racing thoughts. deep breathing my way through.

it's amazing how one or two slips on the sugar front can cause all this commotion days later. once you get the taste of that stuff, you crave more and more even when full. must. press. on.  but still extremely hesitant to re-intro anything right now.

I'm around though I'm doing a whole30 for July since I slipped in June.  Doing ok so far, except my entire July group has disappeared so I don't really have support either.

I agree that the slips cause snowballs.  It is why I keep doing whole30s, because when I let myself relax, I end up eating out of control for weeks on end.

Tracy, is something wrong with the device you are reading these forums on? I'm part of the July thread, too and several people are posting there AND responding directly to you asking where everyone is. It is a much slower thread than our June thread was but it's still moving.

anyone still here? I miss our group and support

woke up tired. first time in months ate m1 Before workout. and went and rested.

got up and went to workout class.

m2: turkey burger patty wrapped in lettuce and huge side of roasted veggies topped with coconut oil. finished with big handful of coconut flakes.

confession: still feeling binging urges though I'm full and feel great. not tired, etc. It's just anxiety and racing thoughts. deep breathing my way through.

it's amazing how one or two slips on the sugar front can cause all this commotion days later. once you get the taste of that stuff, you crave more and more even when full. must. press. on.  but still extremely hesitant to re-intro anything right now.

I'm still here!  I had trouble with my account for a bit and also was on vacation.

My reintros have not gone well.  I think I may have a real problem with dairy, or at least with the cheese and ice cream I've tried.  It wasn't the best quality, though, so I'm hoping to try again in a week or two with some better options.  I also have a real problem with non-compliant oils... they make me terribly sick, which is okay for the most part but annoying when you get a dose that you weren't aware of/expecting.  I'm not sure if it was the oils or the dairy that gave me my first acne outbreak in over a month, but it happened and I'm a believer... gotta take this slow.

Today I had a piece of baked chicken and a sweet potato for breakfast.  Not the best meal, I know, I needed another veg, but it was what I came up with this morning in a hurry.  I put a half teaspoon of sugar in my coffee and can't tell any difference, so back to black for me.

How are you all coping with other areas of your life besides food in regards to the Whole 30/reintros, etc.

Any break through moments?

B.C.,

I haven't off roared too much but have eaten out and not asked about oils etc. Alcohol I've had a drink or two of rum and diet but honestly didn't really excite me…know what I mean?

And I ate out that same weekend I had alcohol and got a subway salad with grilled chicken and olives and other "compliant" veggies. I felt like crap and was stopped up all day the next day (sorry, TMI). Well look up the ingredients of subway grilled chicken breast…GROSS. Seriously--brown sugar, gluten and bunch of other garbage in a chicken breast?

It's easier for me to stay on the plan when eating out but I don't scrutinize over oils etc. We ate a peruvian restaurant yesterday and I started with a plate of olives in oil, had the peruviian chicken with salad topped with their hot sauce. I was fine but truthfully, eating out leaves me hungry as I don't have the extra veggies available to me that I"m used to eating.

If anything, restricting is causing me to want to "binge" so I work hard every day to make sure I eat til i'm FULL. Not stuffed but FULL. It's hard but I'm better for it.

Guess that's what I have truly learned. EAT. Eat well and nourish myself. and deal with my anxiety (i stress about everything). And I really don't want to take meds for that so I have to work on my inner thoughts and self. every. day.

Sorry the the novel but that's where I"m at.

Archived