Where have all the people gone?

JGiggly

* to the tune of where have all the cowboys gone*

I don't mean to sound whiny, but where is everyone? During my first W30 I had so much interaction, support, and feedback. Now, on my fourth day of my second W30, I feel like I'm on the site all alone. I feel like I have Bambi legs. I need more support. Perhaps my whiny and neediness is the direct result of suffering through the first week of the eating plan or perhaps my past success was the result of more interaction and support.... 

I'm here - doing a quick check in - my hunch is there's less folks around because it's 4th of July in the states - many folks are likely on vacation this week and next.

Glad to see you back, JGiggly!

I thought this forum seemed kind of slow compared to other forums I have been on, but I also figured it was due to the fact that it's summer and most people start things like this at the beginning of the year. I'm new here as of the end of June, welcome back!

I bet it will start picking up after the weekend.  If you sort the forums by "most replies," you'll see that those with Jan 1 start dates are super active, and July 1 start dates are right up there too.  I'm hoping to start my second Whole30 at the end of the summer, and I'm afraid the forum will be lonely then.

Good luck with your W30!

• 4 months later...

People come and go.   I've heard it picks up after the holidays.  It can be lonesome but at some particular time in life, we all have to inspire ourselves.  Our bodies don't care if our mind is not inspired, it will go along for the ride no matter what we do.

I miss my original group.  Back in the day when I started, the tougher stance on scales, weight loss talk was tightened up.  It's understood and appreciated why it had to be that way.   I like that no-nonsense, no messin' around kind of kick in the rear-end stance.  Mr. Tom has been here a long time.   He's seen and heard it all.  Nothing surprises him....and yeah, I like his style and everything he writes. :D  GFChris...ditto.

They don't soften the blow or pretty it up.   :lol:  

• 3 years later...

People still come and go.  The half has not been told but I'm here to tell that this is one of the best run forums. You may have tried others but you won't find the same friendly discourse.  No, siree.  You'll find all kinds of snarkalicious snark and potshots.  This place is downright user friendly.  Kind.  Good will towards others.  I see some of my old group from time to time, I've heard some very sad news and some good news.  The ebb and flow of life.  So long now.   The Dude abides.

e0b2c84812e86a370d44cb5ce637a9d1-e150978

Archived