LYME, low mood, lack of emotions, depression, low female sex drive

desperatedepressed

In my family, we all have LYME disease that we have discovered goes back a few generations. I passed it on to my children and its possible my mum passed it on to me as she has lyme as do both my brothers. Either that or we've had it for over 20 years. Symptoms seem to be mainly neurological (Australian LYME) with depression, foggy thinking and also fatigue.

For myself, for as long as I can remember I have had depression and low mood. I need contact with people and get even more depressed without it, yet I want to be alone ALL the time. I have plenty of 'negative' emotions but not really any positive ones. It's as if I don't have normal emotions. I find it hard to 'feel' anything except 'low'. It took me a long time to bond with both my children and I had post-natal depression. I distanced myself from my children as babies by breastfeeding them even though I had attachment issues for months after my first child was born. That may not make sense but if they were feeding I didn't have to interact with them. I am on Pristiq antidepressant and have been for 3 years. I hate being on it but I get even more depressed if I don't take it. I also have no sex drive and have never really had any. I cannot have an orgasm without great difficulty and the ones I have are 'weak'.

I am wondering if doing a Whole30 will benefit me? I'm think it will help but I need some stronger motivation as at the moment often the ONLY thing that helps me feel better is eating 'desserts'. Lately this has been Paleo dessert but that is out with Whole30.

Lyme is highly transmittable from mother to child (over the placenta and through breastfeeding). My husband even has it after 10 years. It's sexually transmitted too. Both my parents have it and my brothers wife has it too. It is a major health issue in our family. I'm on antibiotics through a lyme literate doctor. There is only one in this state and fortunately it's not too far from me as some of his patients travel for 4 hours to get to him.

Lyme is Australia although it is not recognised by the government. It is the same as from a tick bite though in my family we are not sure who was originally bitten. It could be the 20 years ago when we went on holiday as a family (mum, dad, my 2 brothers and myself) we were all bitten then. But it is also looking quite possible that mum was bitten as a child and passed it on to us when pregnant with us. And to dad. One thing we know for sure is that my husband got it from me and my brothers wife got it from my brother. There is no other way they could have it. My 2 children had to have got it from me also. They are 5 & 8 years old.

So if you have Lyme disease (as in, positive blood tests for the bacteria), are you taking the antibiotics to treat it? I think that would be the first step. Diet may help, but it will not kill off the bacteria that are in your body causing Lyme disease.

• 3 months later...

Hello please do not make allegations that lyme is sexually transmitted as there is NO evidence to support this, there is thought that it may but no hard evidence . Until there is hard evidence that it is in fact sexually transmitted I would not make false statements such as that as it causes distress. Through much research you will see that there is not one case that is to say it is transmitted. 

through placenta to child yes but not sexually. 

I would investigate whether or not you both live in tick borne environments.

At the moment it isnt even recognised in Australia.

If you do think it is transmitted I would concentrate on building you immune systems and detox asap. 

Lyme is highly transmittable from mother to child (over the placenta and through breastfeeding). My husband even has it after 10 years. It's sexually transmitted too. Both my parents have it and my brothers wife has it too. It is a major health issue in our family. I'm on antibiotics through a lyme literate doctor. There is only one in this state and fortunately it's not too far from me as some of his patients travel for 4 hours to get to him.

Just to support this claim I do not want people getting alarmed as it caused me emotional and physical stress. 

Are there other ways to get Lyme disease?
  • There is no evidence that Lyme disease is transmitted from person-to-person. For example, a person cannot get infected from touching, kissing or having sex with a person who has Lyme disease.
  • Lyme disease acquired during pregnancy may lead to infection of the placenta and possible stillbirth; however, no negative effects on the fetus have been found when the mother receives appropriate antibiotic treatment. There are no reports of Lyme disease transmission from breast milk.

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/transmission/

Hello please do not make allegations that lyme is sexually transmitted as there is NO evidence to support this, there is thought that it may but no hard evidence . Until there is hard evidence that it is in fact sexually transmitted I would not make false statements such as that as it causes distress. Through much research you will see that there is not one case that is to say it is transmitted. 

through placenta to child yes but not sexually. 

I would investigate whether or not you both live in tick borne environments.

At the moment it isnt even recognised in Australia.

If you do think it is transmitted I would concentrate on building you immune systems and detox asap. 

I didn't swallow that one either, Adelaide.  I've never heard that in my entire life.   I live in the land of ticks, Rocky Mtn tick fever...Lyme.   

Archived