Smallest portion of mayo one can make?

littleg

• Whole30 Certified Coach

When I make mayo I throw away 75% of it.  I just did it for the third time today.  I'm not a big mayo eater but sometimes I just really want some... for a day or a meal.  Has anyone tried making a super small portion?  Can you whisk up an egg and then use a tbsp with 1/4 c oil and make it work?  Has anyone tried?  I guess I can always try and then report back :)

The jar I tossed today was made June 16th.  I think I used maybe 2-3 tbsps.  I eat my way through my homemade ghee quite easily but the mayo - eh, just not my thing.  I'll give a mini batch a shot one day and report back :)

That is what I usually do.  Half an avocado is my go-to for tuna salad now (with a little mustard and dried shallots... yum).  I actually never really use mayo - but I'm always seeing recipes that call for some that look really good and I think "oh, I wish I had mayo so I could try that".  Like a broccoli salad recipe I just saw...

• Moderators

Well Fed has a recipe for making mayo into Spicy Secret Sauce. We make this every single week and drizzle it atop eggs and whatever we are having for Meal 1. It's also good on just about anything or to dip veggies into.

You can also make mayo into tartar sauce and use on No Fuss salmon cakes from It Starts With Food, another regular recipe in our rotation.

Make it into a dressing for your salad - try gently stirring in some fresh herbs, a little vinegar to thin it out, spices of choice ...

Well Fed has a recipe for making mayo into Spicy Secret Sauce. We make this every single week and drizzle it atop eggs and whatever we are having for Meal 1. It's also good on just about anything or to dip veggies into.

You can also make mayo into tartar sauce and use on No Fuss salmon cakes from It Starts With Food, another regular recipe in our rotation.

Make it into a dressing for your salad - try gently stirring in some fresh herbs, a little vinegar to thin it out, spices of choice ...

All those things you just described, I just use straight mayo! I'm far too lazy to make MORE things :). People think it's gross when I dip vege sticks in mayo :)

Archived