Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

Calorie counting, creating a points system, food tracking, and weighing are all futile strategies. The lizard part of your brain will always override those attempts = EATING IT ALL BACK.

Food Addiction is a chronic disorder of food rewards. It's eating in the unconscious mode on autopilot.

Logging your food, food tracking, counting points, macros and micros are not enough to keep that lily-livered yellow-bellied lizard sapsucker from eating it all back.

Food Addiction can ruin your body cues. It's going to take longer than 30 days to return to your original factory settings.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Drop it.  During a Whole30, we want you to practice listening to your body.  Counting/tracking gets in the way.  You don't even need to keep a Food Log.

A log helps so that we can spot when you might need to eat more protein, fat, or carbs, but a log should not be a substitute for tracking/counting."

A total eclipse of the sun is coming in August.  The summer solstice is strong this year. The EQ swarms seem to be slowing down.

That's the earth taking shallow breaths and we don't worry about it. Maw knows things. Paw knew things.  We pay attention to the animals, the sun, moon and the stars. The big picture.

When the earth takes some shallow breaths, that's healthy. It can prevent the earth from taking a much deeper breath that would really shake things up.  Maw's not worried about the EQ swarms.  She's got a peaceful, easy feeling. 

Faith is a gift.

For 100's of years, everyone has had enough faith in Old Faithful, that she would continue to be faithful. Peoples have more faith in geyser basins than they have in themselves.

Just let her be a reminder that you can have faith in yourself, too.  EQ swarms keep her faithful.  If she dried up, all of the pesky tourists would have to stay home. :D  Then there would be more peace for the earth. I would still have whopping boatloads of fun but you need a respite, too. 

I want to be selfish and keep it all for myself.  The sunshine and pleasant weather. Everything.

Take heart and have faith. If you can believe that a geyser will go off every hour on the hour for your enjoyment, you can believe in yourself, too. 

http://www.drugrehab.org/expert-area/urge-surfing-mindfulness-techniques-to-prevent-relapse/

I use Urge Surfing as part of my Rx for Food Addiction Recovery.

I liken Urge Surfing to walking across a new carpet and scuffing off carpet fibers onto your shoes -  you then touch the light switch and get a shock of electricity

Every time you resist the urge to go thrill eating your brain gets a shock.  It starts rewiring your brain in a very positive way. You're lighting UP some new tubes and letting the old ones fizzle out.

The longer you go the easier it becomes.  Your brain will fight against you like a wildcat in the beginning.  It loathes change and would sit on its laurels forever.

Making excuses and massive rationalization. Ooooo, don't be so hard on yourself...basically giving yourself permission and license to be a binge eater for the rest of  your life.

You want to go out like that?  Choices and Consequences.

I don't know of anyone who would trade places with a binge eater. It makes your life a living hail on earth.

Take the bull by the horns.

Every day you let pass you by as a binge eater the ground gets colder for recovery.  It's far easier to catch this in your youth than adulthood.  You can still teach a dog of any age new tricks. 

It will take longer than 30 days.  It will take longer than a year.

Learn to Ride the Waves and Surf the Urges.

You can't play with food addiction. It plays a mean hand of poker and a wicked game. 

Got a sugar dragon?

Whole 30 says

"It may take a week or two… it may take a month or two.

Depends on how bad your sugar demons are, and how you treat them during your Whole30.

Dallas likes to say you can’t kill the sugar dragon with willpower, you have to STARVE it.

So don’t give in to those cravings during your Whole30 - stick it out."

Ride the Waves and Surf the Urges.

The longer you go, not giving in to those thrill eating urges....

Starve that sugar dragon out with whole foods for the Big WIN.

Today. 

Do not keep starting over and over and over again. There's no such thing as the perfect day or time to start.   Now.

Use your very next meal for your Food Reset.   Art Fossil

Use your very next meal for your Head Reset.  Moi

Surf every urge and climb every mountain.  Do it like it's your job.

Find exercise you enjoy and do everything on your own terms.  Make up your own analogies, too.  They will be more meaningful for you.

They make concepts easier to understand and relate to.

Nuttier than a fruitcake

Hungry as a bear

Bite the hand that feeds you

Chew the fat

Your goose is cooked

Drop it like it's hot

Eat your words

Packed in like sardines

Take it worth a grain of salt

There's no such thing as a free lunch

Stick to your ribs

Walking on eggshells

Solar Flaring - The fat goes splat

Solar-Flare.jpg

Solar Flaring - The fat goes splat and will never return to earth again. 

You're not 'losing' weight because you have no intention of ever 'finding' it again.  You will not eat it all back, rebound and relapse.

Solar Flaring takes care of everything.  You slingshot your fat to the sun and it's eaten up by solar flaring.  It shines brightly for all of the Universe, heating UP the colder regions and making the desert regions even hotter. 

186887.jpg

Why just today, there's record heat all over the place. That would be our solar flaring. 

Solar Flaring. 

The sun's heat is a mystery.  Have you ever thought about how cold it is out there in space.  The further out in space you go the colder it is and you're actually closer to the sun.  It's our atmosphere that makes the sun hotter than Georgia asphalt, here on earth.  

If I actually knew the earth was going to take a really big deep breath...would I go to the mini-mart and amass great quantities of multi-crap?  That is the question.

If I really knew...would I want to go out with a bang and eat whopping boatloads of gummy bears one last time.  Felicias, I don't know.  Would I be willing to throw it all away for another thrill eating ride?  

If I knew I was headed for the sun faster than the speed of light,  that might be the actually only so worth it moment I can think of. 

I'll cross that bridge if it should ever get there.  Until then, keep tooling along and kick your own  Food Freedom Forever....hiney.

It's all fun.  Really.   Get a little dirt on your boots and let your light shine.

The summer solstice event is upon us. Enjoy the longest day of the year because tomorrow...we're headed right back towards winter.:P The days will be getting shorter and that olde fall haze will be hanging in the air.:P The first snowfall blows in on Labor Day weekend. I have two months of summer to make the most of everything.

My dog and I've been taking it back outside. She's on the mend so I adjust our hiking distances accordingly.

I was up late last night watching the seismos. With the solstice event there's EQ swarms and it's alot like a tennis match. The slow slip on the west coast, B.C., that's been going on for a few months takes a breath. Then you see the compensation movement leapfrog over to the midwest.  The midway points are the one to watch, that's where the craton plates are taken to their limits.

Today and for the next 3 or 4 days, more EQ swarms pingponging back and forth, hitting the high notes. West coast, CO,WY - Rocky Mountain High and onto the midwest, KS, OK, MO and AR. Just like the cracking of a whip but it takes the pressure off, shared equally amongst us. Same thing over in Greece. They're having an EQ swarm, did the same thing, same time last year.

The summer solstice event.

446589main_fulldiskmulticolor-orig_full.

I still haven't made my mind UP about the gummy bear insulin excursion. Would the earth's deep breath be enough to throw it all away. Would I throw all caution to the wind and get drunk on HFCS. Maybe not.

There might be a run on the local mini-mart, cars darting every which way on the highway...I'd be better off at home with a BBQ. Bear has ordered a lollapalooza BBQ outfit that will be arriving on an actual freight truck. Takes a forklift. He's been gearing UP with pitmaster recipes and tips, thanks Myron.

So I think that ribs, chops, brisket, steaks, fish, fish, fish with kombucha is a better option. Grilled taters...I like them french fried taters. 

Reckon what you like to eat in there?

Well, the French fries are pretty good.

French fried taters?

Yeah, French fries.

How much you want for'em?

They're .60 for medium and .75 for large.

'Reckon I'll have me some of the big 'uns.

All right, then, one large French fries?

You always seem to be deep in thought. Tell me, what are you thinking right now?

I was thinkin', I'm gonna take me some of these taters home with me.

How about before that?

Well, let me think... I was thinkin' I could use me another couple cans'o that potted meat if ya got any extree.

Your body won't fully adapt to a whole foods state of overall health and wellbeing.

When you drastically change the way you eat, a certain adaptation process needs to take place.

If you’re doing a Whole 30  then your body needs to change certain hormones and ramp up production of enzymes to make use of fat as the primary source of fuel.

If you keep cheating, you will prevent this metabolic adaptation from ever fully completing.

Fat adaptation will become an elusive butterfly. A fig newton of your imagination.

Got Cheat Meals?  Forget about Tiger Blood.

If you have ever done the Whole 30  without eating non-compliant foods then you may have experienced this. With time, real foods start to taste much better.

If you 'cheat' and eat multi-crap frequently, your taste sensations won’t adapt completely and you won’t be able to experience the same satisfaction from real foods.

Eating multi-crap and "Cheat Meals" once a week or every weekend is still clearly worse than having none at all.

The chemical sheetstorm or highly engineered to be craved, deliberately engineered to be craved ingredients Will Never Completely Leave Your Body

They linger in the body for a while and it takes a long time to fully recover from their effects.

You choose.  You decide. 

Do you want to keep starting over and over and over again.  "Cheat Meals" on the weekends and starting another Whole 30 on Monday.  That's not a Whole 30. 

That would be your own Food Freedom Forever plan.

green_apple_05_hd_picture_167361.jpg

I'm not starting over again.

For your good results to continue - your good habits have to continue.

Bouncing in and out of a chemical sheetstorm every weekend or flying by the seat of my pants and falling back into binge eating - thrill eating would bring T2 right back to my doorstep.

All Binge Eating roads lead to diabetes. 

I can't even begin to wrap my head around starting over again. Constant restarts. 

I cannot start over again because there's no such thing as the Finish Line with your health.

I really, really like the concept of using your next meal as your Food Reset and Head Reset.

People have asked me, is it true you've been doing a W30 this entire time? 

That's not even humanly possible.  One non-compliant eaten and your Whole 30 is over.  There are those who've claimed they've been compliant for an entire year or more but if you've meandered outside of Whole 30 compliant foods,  you are Riding Your Bike and/or Off-Roading.

For your good results to continue - your good habits have to continue.

So what is this?

No.  More.  Dieting.

I no longer have to jump on another streetcar coming around the corner with the promise of fast and quick weight loss.  That only lasts until you enter the Eating It All Back Phase. 

The timeline for Eating It All Back is just a fraction of what it takes for the fast weight loss. 

The Whole 30 is the springboard and the launching pad into the rest of your life.   If you're constantly starting over again every other month,  you need to take a good hard look at the truth.

Sit down with someone.  Face-To-Face. 

"We need Face-To-Face relationships with people who can help us develop skills that were missing where we got our start in life...there's more work to do."

Thousands and thousands descend almost simultaneously upon the natural features and wildlife. The number of times I've turned around just to miss getting knocked in the head by a selfie-stick. Pesky tourist season. It is the official first day of summer.

When they say they want to move here, we tell them that winter sux and everything else so they will go home. :D Tourist attractions are popular for a reason. They are  amazing.  Eiffel tower, Venice, Rome, Mona Lisa, David, Sistine Chapel, Tuscany, Appian Way, whale watching, Dead Sea, catacombs, Stonehenge, Greenwich where time travel comes from...the Autobahn where you can drive like you're trying to do on these narrow two-lane highways with potholes and frost-heaves left behind after a record snowfall, long miserable winter.   

Got a bad case of the travel bug?  Apply your bug repellent, take 2 aspirin and don't call me in the morning.   Oooo, I forgot to tell you about Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail.  Peoples stand in line for powerball tickets and tourist attractions.  Don't forget Montmartre and the Taj Mahal, Egyptian pyramids and Vatican City.

"So for up to three years, your body will want to get back to its normal weight. The key is in maintaining the diet after you lose the weight."

Can you really get over thoughts about food, journaling about your daily food intake or by tracking your weight loss and steps?

71% of all weight loss study subjects regained their weight within a year.  One year.  Rebound weight gain with a total relapse.  

The body will fight against you for 3 years to return to your highest weight.

Archived