Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Levitsky, Ph. D., a professor of nutrition at Cornell University. “When people complete their dietary treatment, they gain most of the weight back within one year.”

The reason for that is complex. It has to do  with losing motivation once the weight stops dropping away, becoming bored or complacent, biological/physical and mental factors. 

The body is bent on survival.  It will fight against you for 3 years and see to it that you eat it all back to your highest weight and not your optimum setpoint.

71% of all weight loss is typically regained within one year.   Rebound weight gain with a total relapse.

You can't weigh or measure your way out of food addiction.

Dieting and over-restriction  won't fix it.

Losing all of the weight doesn't stop it either.

Constant restarts. Nuh huh. 

Calorie counting, creating a points system, food tracking, and weighing are all futile strategies. The lizard part of your brain will always override those attempts = EATING IT ALL BACK.

Weight loss success is simply amazing until it isn't.

Secretly dieting? The truth will find you out.

It doesn't last.

"We need Face-To-Face relationships with people who can help us develop skills that were missing where we got our start in life...there's more work to do."

Calorie counting, creating a points system, food tracking, and weighing are all futile strategies. The lizard part of your brain will always override those attempts = EATING IT ALL BACK.

Telling yourself that you're not dieting when you really are...

Telling yourself that you're not focused on the weight loss but you really are...

That is a total disconnect for the brain. 

A doubleminded person avails nothing.  You either are or you aren't.  Your brain cannot have it both ways.  That creates confusion. 

A throwback to a "dungheap moment" in time.

We all have those cringeworthy things we remember.  I don't know what her biases or motives were but the side effects lingered long.  This person called me and another to the front of the class.  Comparison time.

See ML...her clothes are dark, her eyes and hair are dark.  See Blondie. Her clothes are bright and cheerful with eyes of blue and blond hair.  Dark and dreary or bright and cheerful.   Class, choose blond and blue, it's more cheerful.

There's more but you get my continental drift.  It was a dungheap moment in time.  These things matter because they stick like glue.

Oooo, you can try to shake them off but when you're feeling low the blowback is still there.  Vulnerable.

So what is this then?

Adulting it = the ability to stand UP for yourself.  Take a licking and keep on ticking.  Stand UP for others, too.

The more we give, the more we have to give... even when we're having ourselves a dungheap moment. 

I observe people who have a normal relationship with food.

They're not posting belly selfies on their fridge or their weight stats. No beginning or ending weights.  They look normal, so they don't have to take a belly-selfie every month to use as a reference point.  They always look the same.

They don't track their 'normal' progress.  The years go by and I'll be a sonuvagun, not one time did they take their measurements or post their weight pix out there for the world to see.  Belly selfies with a toilet in the background...lifting up their shirts or standing in their underpants.

I would fall through the floor if I had to do that every month for the world to see.  I wouldn't want any of my employers to see it either, friends, foes, Romans or countrymen.

I'm working on a normal relationship with food.  Diet is a four letter word.

If I didn't mill around and shoot the breeze with the Universe, no one may ever give two hoots what I was wearing or eating. There's more to life than that but I have a food addiction and it sux.  It always did and it always will.

If I let my brain override my attempts to manage it...it can all come undone in the blink of an eye.  That's food addiction.

The Eating It All Back Phase. 

The timeline for eating it all back goes like this...

While you're in the process of eating all back, not one time does your brain switch off  Eating. All. The. Things.

Your brain is so finely tuned and a well-oiled machine that it will see to it that you keep eating it all back until you're looking at your highest weight plus additional 'friends' before you can say multi-crap.

This is eating in the unconscious mode on autopilot.  Food Addiction.

I want to be normal.  No belly selfies plastered all over the house or photos of celebrities in their swimming suits for motivation.  After a day or two, they're all a blur and you look right past them.  It's temporary motivation and it's all about comparing yourself with everyone else.

While I'm tooling along on the pathway to my healing, I keep you company. 

There are days I look in the mirror and I see a dungheap. :lol:

There are days I'm 'so happy I can't stop crying'.  Life happens.

I believe the original constructs of the W30 are just right....30 days with a Reintro Phase, immediately following.  Don't try to make a marathon of giant month hunks out of it for crying outloud. 

We're only human.

Create your own positive food management plan.  Make it doable and reasonable.  Something that you can actually live with for the rest of your life and be consistent.  Consistency is the key. 

I can't promise that you will become normal.  My original factory setting were normal but things like HFCS, sugar sugars and something really artificial got in my way.   My food relationship became abby normal and when I think about all of the time I've wasted I feel ready for the dungheap again.  

I'm going to take it back outside and blow the stink off.  Stinkin' Thinkin'.   I'm so happy I can't stop crying.

Multi-crap Food Rewards = Punishment

Knee and hip replacements, doubles

Plantar Fasciitis = doubles

Back surgery that results in neuropathy and pain

Diabetes and other diseases, health conditions

Constant fatigue

Hiding out with the Hole in the Wall Gang - holed up like a gopher

Repeating your strategies over and over again. You have to - if you want lasting change.

If you can't do it now, standing your ground with others....it's not happening after 30 days. You will fall right back into their clutches and trap. The spider web of Food Addiction.

Practice, practice, practice. Today.

Remain resolute for 30 days and then take it back out there on the trail.  No one has to live in my body or yours.

No one has to live in your mind or thoughts.  Don't let others consume you or control you.  You are free of their manipulation. Believe it or not, others may not have your best interests at heart.

71054e441a75211aa5c28d1b9067521a.jpg

cucumbers-avocados-lemons.jpg

Avocado  has been proven to reduce symptoms of arthritis of the bones (osteoarthritis).

Thanks to its anti-inflammatory benefits, it may even relieve other sorts of inflammatory-related aches and pains too.

According to the American Heart Association, a diet rich in natural sources of potassium is important for controlling blood pressure, thanks to potassium’s ability to reduce the effects of sodium in the body.

Avocados are a great natural source of potassium – with one fruit containing 28% of your recommended daily potassium intake.

Avocados are a great source of the B vitamins, which help you fight off illness and infection. They also give you plenty of Vitamin C and E – both natural immune boosters.

An avocado a day will cheer you up thanks to its vitamin and mineral content – especially potassium and folate.

Some studies have found a link between a lack of potassium and depression. A review of several scientific studies on the relationship between sodium, magnesium and potassium in depressed patients, found that depressed men and women all had low levels of potassium.

A 1993 study found similar – depressed patients exhibited lower potassium levels than healthy people did.

Folate, too, is important to stave off low mood and signs of depression, something researchers have recognized since the 1960s.

Fiber is an important component of any balanced diet – it keeps your digestive system running smoothly.

Even though fruits and veggies are absolutely loaded with fiber, it’s something that most Americans don’t get enough of.

Aim to hit your fiber target by eating more avocado – one fruit contains 13 grams, around 54% of your recommended daily fiber intake.

While you’ll need more than an avocado to build and retain strong bones, eating this fruit regularly might give you a helping hand.

Avocados contain a good helping of bone-healthy nutrients including Vitamin K, copper and folate.

Mix your avocado with a variety of other fruits and vegetables for the best bones you can build – several studies prove that eating fresh produce benefits bone health in both men and women of all ages.

"Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what happens in all the other days that every come - depend on what you do today."

Ernest Hemingway

"Light A Candle"

Instead of cursing the darkness,
Light a candle for where we're going,
There's something ahead, worth fighting for.

When the light of time is on us,
You will see our moment come,
And the living soul inside will carry on.

It's a chance to give new meaning to every move we make,
In the cavern, in the cave, where we come from.

When the light of dawn is on us,
We will see what we can be,
And the ancient ones can sleep an easy sleep

In the hallways of the ages, on the road to history,
What we do now will always be with us.

It's a chance to give new meaning to every move we make,
In the caverns, in the caves, where we come from.

Instead of cursing the darkness,
Light a candle for where we're going,
There's something ahead, worth looking for.

When the light of time is on us,
We will see our moment come,
And the living soul inside will carry on.

Light a candle in the darkness,
So others might see ahead,
Light a candle in the darkness, when you go.

Keep your WHY nearby.

Remember when you were Eating. All. The. Things. in the unconscious mode.  Eating on autopilot.

Your brain and body did not help you out one iota or stop that process at any point.

The thrill eating went on for months and months and not one single time did they step in and help you out. 

Archived