Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

If it's not sustainable now, it won't be two or three months down the road. Three years down the road or even thirty years from now.

Creating your own positive food management plan is going to require some careful thought and planning. If you can't do it alone, sit down with someone. Face-to-Face.

Food Addiction and eating disorders progress as the years roll on. Mild to severe, profound and all inbetween. They do not go away on their own.  Some order out of that chaos must be imposed. An intervention.

Keep doing what you've always done and you will get what you've always gotten. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you absolutely love that way of eating zero carbs so much - Why O Why do you need a Cheat Meal or a Cheat Weekend to endure it.

If it is such a good way of eating, why would you need to STOP and take a detour to endure it.

Over-restriction and Dieting = The need for many, many detours and Cheat Meals

Alcoholics will drink themselves to death until alcohol poisoning destroys their internal organs.

Food addicts will eat themselves to death until their internal organs can no longer prop up the food addiction.

Addiction doesn't go away on its own.

You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain.

Don't let a day of thrill eating turn into a week.

Don't let a week turn into a month of thrill eating.

Don't let a month turn into a year.

Don't make UP for overeating by undereating or NOT eating.

Remind yourself how far you've come.

Plan each meal.

Revisit your food journal and repeat that awesome week.

Drink water like its your job.

Repeat this tomorrow.

If you do not understand why you are being so meticulous for 30 days, ask someone.

Returning to thrill eating on Day 31 after you've conducted many Whole 30's without ever conducting one Reintro Phase....wash, rinse, with multiple repeats adds to the confusion with food.

The Whole 30 is a diagnostic tool. An elimination of foods that cause inflammation, allergies, diabetes, and a myriad of other conditions.

The Reintro Phase is diagnositic testing for those with same inflammation markers and a huge wake-UP call for those of us that have a relationship with food that's knocking up against the rocks. Tanked.

Tapped out. At the end of our wits and waving a flag of surrender.

The Thinking System.

The Hot System = Impulsive, immediate gratification

The Cool System = The Thinking System

A Whole 30 is a springboard and a launching pad but do not neglect the Reintro Process.  There's no such thing as a Whole 30 Forever. 

One item and it only takes one non-compliant item during your giant-months-hunk Whole 30 and it's over at that very minute.  A Whole 30 is 30 days.

What you've accomplished 3 years ago or 3 months ago, it's over  - if you start thrill eating the very minute or next day your W30 is over without any Reintro Phase whatsoever, you're doing what you've always done.

Some have never conducted a Reintro Process and they continue to struggle.

The Reintro Process = The Thinking System.  

Without it, you fall back into immediate gratification and thrill eating.  The danger zone for a food addict.

Can food addiction be cured?

Like addictive drugs, highly palatable foods trigger feel-good brain chemicals such as dopamine. Once people experience pleasure associated with increased dopamine transmission in the brain's reward pathway from eating certain foods, they quickly feel the need to eat again.

Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.

It gives me a really big pinch to tell you that here I am,  3 years out, with a food addiction recovery program and...I. AM. Not. CURED.

Big pinch. Massive.

It marshes every mellow and if I allow myself to linger long on that truth I could feel so low about it that if I was sitting on a dime I would still have room leftover to swing my feet.

It is. Stink on Stink. 

I do not want to have an abby normal relationship with food. It sux.

If you've never had a problem with food, good one on ya. You're my hero.

If you can waltz through your house and kitchen without having photos of celebrities plastered all over the place, motivational quotes written everywhere - sticky notes in the cupboards and fridge...you are my hero.

To say I am determined to find the answers, answers, answers is to understate my personality by several thousand degrees.

I am sorry about delicate health conditions. It is so very hard. They shorten your lifespan. It is patently unfair, isn't it?

I could complain about it forever but it doesn't change the fact that I have been living with food addiction since I was a child. It sux. For real.

Dealing with it takes some serious suxing it UP, buttercup. The world is populated with people who don't and won't eat like we need to eat. You might as well get used to it if you want your health to be a priority.

Will you benefit from eating candy bars for the rest of your life?  Hail. No.

We can't embrace the concept of NEVER because of the lifelong struggle. Many just throw the towel in, arms UP and walk away from it all. To hail with it mentality.

The entirety of life is just to huge to contemplate without the comfort of multi-crap foods.

However, on a one day at a time basis, I can't remember the last time I had those suckers. Gummy bears, choco covered orange jelly sticks, choco milk, cinnamon rolls...because they made my life a living hail.

Who needs that.  I haven't got time for the pain.

I wish my dopamine levels were normal. I would walk into the party like I was walking onto a yacht. My hat strategically dipped below one eye.

My scarf, it was apricot. I had one eye on the mirror and watched myself gavotte. I said to myself, MeadowLily your arse is the size of Texas. Moon over Miami.

And Toby Keith, my spirit animal, dreamed that he'd be my partner, I'll be your partner because at least you have a sense of humor...You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you

Don't you

Don't you

Toby talks to me in my dreams. I have no idea why. He tells me all kinds of things and I've never met the man. In many ways he reminds me of my husband, I suppose.

Toby says, you're a goofball and sometimes you are so silly but keep on riding, girl. Don't give UP. 

Keith Urban sings sweet lullabies into my ears and Gretchen jacks me UP. Eric Church is determined and kicks my arse when I'm feeling all mopey and sorry for myself. I use music as part of my recovery tools. 

Motivation is a gift. Never take it for granted.

Toby, you are my big Mac Daddy, even if only in my dreams.  You big lunk.

Thanks. :lol: 

Tobe. Did I tell you about the dream where you were driving down the road in your jacked UP truck. You had a fax machine hanging onto the driver's side window. It was spitting out papers like cray cray shizz. You were conducting bizness and visiting with me while I was riding shotgun on an old dirt road. It was a lorra lorra fun.

You can go anywhere in your dreams and anything can happen. Dreams are like steps, they can guide you. New doors open and it's your heart showing you the way.

Just close your eyes and you'll be surprised what's really in your heart. Tobe. :D

Can we talk amongst ourselves.

When you go through a really tough time, your family will be the first ones to throw you under the bus. Yes, indeedy.

Your feelers can be hurt so badly that you swear UP and down that you're not going around them ever again. Stick a fork in the folkaronie imaginary happy family....you're done.

I'm wearing the tee-shirt.

They call it getting thrown under the bus because it means you end up a burned sacrifice to make someone else feel better about their pecking order or position. You no longer matter but get thrown under the bus.

It's stink on stink.

Now, this happens at the office and in the workplace, too. It can happen when you're working on your relationship with food or trying to conduct your Whole 30. Life happens.

You think you're on the same team. Wrong.

That big yellow bus is headed your way and there's a bullseye on your forehead. Only you can control what you do next.  Choices and Consequences.

You can shift the blame and throw it - sling it back their direction. This seldom works.

Or you can do what I learned while working and this only works if the mud slinging happens in your presence - you ask them a question.

If you catch it with a question before it sinks in, it won't a true hit and run with the bus.

Just like food prepping for a Whole 30, you have to be prepared for the day you get thrown under the bus. Taking preventative measures to mitigate the damage.

A good project manager leaves a paper trail. Yes, siree.

You have a record with the names attached. Be transparent.

Don't make up imaginary excuses or imaginary medical conditions why you're doing a Whole 30.  The truth will find you out.  Be honest.

You don't ever want to tell someone you have an imaginary medical condition or disease when you do not. That will come back to bite you in the hindend. Always tell the truth.

The good doctor told me, death does two things. It brings a family together or blows them wide apart. Everything that's been brewing under the surface blows the lid right off.  Ooooo,  the half has not been told.

Being thrown under the bus means someone tries to elevate their status while lowering yours in front of others.

Mostly, it's a desperate cry for attention.

Being thrown under the bus means there will be an audience. Make sure you have a good relationship with someone in the audience. 

Don't pull back. That's what we normally do.  Hide.

Examine the patterns and the build-up, leading to your  flat as a pancake condition on the hot pavement.

Be civil. Do not pull anyone by their shirt collar. Keep your hands to yourself at all times. Always.

Being thrown under the bus is a very personal act. Someone has been thinking about it and consciously decided to advance themself at a direct cost to you.

This isn't a team move.  It's a dog pack.

The only way you can really move on with grace is through your faith.  You look UP. 

I know someone who's been thrown under the bus by the boss. That's really tough. But you love your job and you don't want to leave. So you are determined not to let it define you.

Hold your head UP. Don't hide. Be transparent.

Show back up and do your part. Say your prayers and believe for a miracle.  Just hope that they don't back up, run over you again, drag you around town and take one more spin around the block for good measure.

Much Love. Tanto Amore.

There are at least 20 types of collagen. Type 1 and 3 make up 90 % of the body.

Type 1 = tendons, skin, ligaments

Type 2 = cartilage

Type 3 = skin, bones, contributes to the way you age

Type 2 has hyaluronic acid - Anti-aging properties.

There are many new collagen supplements out there but do you know where they come from and what's actually in them.

You can make your own bone broth but taking Vital Proteins Collagen is supersmart. It's antiaging and beauty powder.

Change your gut and you can change your life. It's great for your gut health.

Collagen is produced all over the world, it important to know the way the animals are raised. Good animal husbandry is everything.

The three main types of collagen are bovine, poultry and fish. The highest quality collagen supplements come from GF cattle and wild-caught fish.

You can't get the same health giving collagen properties from plants. Your skeleton bones holds you UP and collagen keeps you together.

Your bones and joints only have so many repetitions. Collagen lessens the breakdown of cartilage and loss of collagen that results in increased friction and less synovial fluid.

collagen-peptides-20oz-canister_800x.jpg

Do you have brittle hair and nails. Are you going bald as a billiard cube from dieting your life and hair away?

Are you looking old and haggard way before your time. Got a lorra, lorra sun damage from too much time in a  tanning bed? Those will totally ruin your skin. Your eye corneas will pay a huge price from too much tanning.

Collagen is everywhere in your body. Skin, hair, nails, bones and joints.

Got wrinkles? Don't want none. Then don't start none. Your collagen storage starts waning at the age of 25.

You'd better get yourself some.  Today.

Bear says you don't want to look as old as pair of old weathered leathered saddlebags for a Harley.

Highly reactive vs. reflective.  A sign of addiction.

Always trying to pick out the flaws in others, that is stink on stink.

Are you always testing others with insult to see how gentle they may be?

No invites to go shopping or come on over for dinner. There's your sign. People running the other direction when they see you coming. There's your sign.

Quick to pounce on others.  That's not a team but a dog pack.

Are you out-standing in your field, alone....there's your

sign.

Is your life a never ending quarrel of disputes and conflict. Where do they come from? Disorder of every kind.

Even if you don't think you have addiction or disorder, you're going to have to turn around and look at your own multi-crap.

When you're in the midst of very touchy family or work dynamics, are you hanging right in there with left hooks and right jabs to jaws.

Are you arguing amongst yourselves who is the greatest of them all.

Is that all there is to your life. Endless quarrels and internal quarreling, too. Instead of bringing the light to a situation, do you always bring the darkness instead? There's your sign.

Darkness = Pride

Pride comes before a fall.

Is there a way out of addiction and nonstop quarreling?

Yes. Felicias. There is.

It's called humility. Taking responsibility for your own flaws.

Whoever welcomes humility...welcomes wisdom. It comes pouring in.

Where there is wisdom...the light is beautiful and pure. Peaceable and gentle. Willing to yield and full of forgiveness and mercy towards others.

There will be a harvest of peace for the peacemakers.

Humility is when we acknowledge that every good thing, every great thing was not done by ourselves alone. We had the help of others, lifting and propping us UP.

The path of humility is not easy. It will attract more infighting and potshots taken from across the bow. Be prepared for them.

But in the end, it really is WINNING. 

Cue reactivity = Addiction

Compulsive shopping/spending, gambling, video games, drinking, eating, exercise... all behaviors that are disruptive to relationships at home and work.

Food Addiction = eating when you are not hungry. Binge eating large amounts of food without any filters or a desire to stop.

Eating in an unconscious mode on autopilot or remote control. The pilot light is always on in the ON position.

Thrill eating results in wide range of physical problems. Diabetes. Heart attacks. Unable to engage in activities that you once enjoyed due to physical limitations.

They wreck havoc and destroy lives for as long as they remain unchecked and untreated.

Massive rationalization = Oooo, don't be so hard on yourself.

Come back 3 or 4 years from now and tell us how that all worked out for you.

brain_and_addiction.png

You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain. 

Another binge is not a cure for a food addiction.

Buying another toy is not a cure for a spending addiction.

Another round of poker is not a cure for a gambling addiction.

Another drink is not a cure for alcoholism.

Recovery comes first.

The goal is lifelong recovery.

There are addictions that cause the brain to age unnaturally fast. Memory problems and declining cognitive abilities are a consequence of serious addictions. Some brain cells are permanently destroyed.

Whatever the addiction or co-addictions...

Addiction is a driver that will drive you to boost dopamine production in your brain but in that process there are neurons that can be permanently destroyed.

Archived