Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

https://wis-wander.weizmann.ac.il/life-sciences/gut-microbes-contribute-recurrent-“yo-yo”-obesity

Weizmann Institute of Science

The study was performed by research teams headed by Dr. Eran Elinav of the Immunology Department and Prof. Eran Segal of the Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Department.

The researchers found that after a cycle of gaining and losing weight, the  body systems fully reverted to normal – except the microbiome.

For about six months after losing weight,  the post-obese retained an abnormal “obese” microbiome.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/nutritiondiva/traffic.libsyn.com/nutrition/nd_410.mp3

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you've been living with an obese gut microbiome and an immune response always allocated to repairing gut irritation, you are essentially sick and obese all the time.

Dieting doesn't fix the obese gut microbiome. 

Rebound weight gain.   It takes 3 years before the body quits fighting so hard against you.  An obese gut microbiome  = why the weight comes back so quickly.

All of the hard, hard work can come undone in the blink of an eye. 

The scientists developed an algorithm, based on hundreds of individualized microbiome parameters, which successfully and accurately predicted the rate of weight regain based on the characteristics of its microbiome after weight gain and successful dieting. By combining genomic and metabolic approaches, they  identified two molecules driving the impact of the microbiome on regaining weight. These molecules – belonging to the class of organic chemicals called flavonoids that are obtained through eating certain vegetables – are rapidly degraded by the “post-dieting” microbiome, so that the levels of these molecules in post-dieters are significantly lower than those with no history of obesity.

The researchers found that under normal circumstances, these two flavonoids promote energy expenditure during fat metabolism. Low levels of these flavonoids in weight cycling prevented this fat-derived energy release, causing the post-dieters to accumulate extra fat when they were returned to a high-calorie diet.

The researchers used these insights to develop new proof-of-concept treatments for recurrent obesity. First, they implanted formerly obese with gut microbes from mice that had never been obese. This fecal microbiome transplantation erased the “memory” of obesity when they were re-exposed to a high-calorie diet, preventing excessive recurrent obesity.

They supplemented post-dieters with flavonoids added to their drinking water. This brought their flavonoid levels, and thus their energy expenditure, back to normal levels. As a result, even on return to a high-calorie diet, they did not experience accelerated weight gain.

Segal said: “We call this approach ‘post-biotic’ intervention. In contrast to probiotics, which introduce helpful microbes into the intestines, we are not introducing the microbes themselves but substances affected by the microbiome, which might prove to be more safe and effective.”

Recurrent obesity is an epidemic of massive proportions, in every meaning of the word. “Obesity affects nearly half of the world’s adult population, and predisposes people to common life-risking complications such as adult-onset diabetes and heart disease,” says Elinav. “The results may help diagnose and treat recurrent obesity, and this, in turn, may help alleviate the obesity epidemic.”

Also taking part in the study were Mariska Meijer, Maayan Levy, Claudia Moresi, Lenka Dohnalova, Sofia Braverman, Shachar Rozin, Dr. Mally Dori-Bachash and Staff Scientist Hagit Shapiro of the Immunology Department, Staff Scientists Drs. Yael Kuperman and Inbal Biton, and Prof. Alon Harmelin of the Veterinary Resources Department, and Dr. Sergey Malitsky and Prof. Asaph Aharoni of the Plant and Environmental Sciences Department – all of the Weizmann Institute of Science, as well as Prof. Arieh Gertler of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Prof. Zamir Halpern of the Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/media.blubrry.com/nutritiondiva/traffic.libsyn.com/nutrition/nd_410.mp3

Listen to the podcast ^ for the flavonoids used in study.

If you've never been obese in your lifetime, you don't have the same gut microbes and microbiomes as someone who is or was obese.

Constant restarts and Monday Mindset dieting only digs a much deeper hole for those who've been fighting obesity for a lifetime.

Change your gut and you can change your life.

I ordered the flavonoids...in the podcast. They're coming from Italy and I cannot wait to put them into my drinking water.

No one has to live in my body.

Don't let anyone take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.

Rebound weight gain crushes your spirit. Many throw in the towel and walk away for good.

Even elective surgery can't keep rebound weight gain from happening. 

I've been digging for answers, answers, answers for over 3 years now.

Over-restriction can't fix it. It only leads to more binge eating and food addiction.

Reasonable restriction means staying away from the Big Kahuna trigger foods.

Keep bouncing in and out of dieting, playing with your trigger foods won't get you to a place of stability.

The obesity gut microbes may have been in place since you were a baby.  Maybe your mother fed you HFCS, high fructose corn syrup with your baby formula. It could've started way back then but you're still living with those gut microbes and they have made your life a living hail.

They have been fomenting revolution with you ever since you can remember.  Some order in that chaos must be imposed.

Take the bull by the horns.

I will be using flavonoids and probiotics. 

The world is populated with people who don't and won't eat like you need to eat. You might as well get used to it if you want your health to be a priority.

Huge rationalization and restriction won't fix it.

Sugar withdrawal can be miserable but you've got to 'starve' that lily-livered yellow-bellied sapsucker out. Smoke him out. 

Let him eat your dust. 

I will march on.

I want the answers, answers, answers to everything that would try to oppose the promises that I've been given.

Someone I know recently had a foot of intestines removed due to Crohn's, to repair the damage.

They said, we can't promise that this will fix it longterm. Maybe 3 years at the most.  That it will come back and they don't know why.

The gut bacteria returns back to that state of gut sickness, Crohn's immune response.

Well, I believe it's all connected.  

We've got to find a way to fix the gut microbiomes for these people. Their life is a living hail, too.

They stay hidden in the body, ready to pounce like a tiger.  

Elephants don't get cancer. It's time to quit waltzing around the elephant in the living room. 

Wild animals don't become obese or suffer with diabetes.

Answers, answers, answers. We need to take a hard look at what they're doing. Our domesticated pets become obese and suffer with all of the same things we do. After all, we are their caretakers. We're passing it onto them.

We've got to get back to original factory settings.

Much Love. Tanto Amore.

Italy, I'm looking to you for more answers. I can't wait for my package to get here.

I haven't got time for the pain of gut microbiomes that will not get in line.

“If part of your immune response is always allocated to repairing gut irritation, you are essentially sick all the time.”  - Robb Wolf

They've changed the way they're treating peanut allergies in children. Reversing the curse of children that can die from breathing peanut dust.

Think about this.

If you have an autoimmune disorder and you've reduced your food down to a nub but it's still not going away...the second you eat the old food offenders all of the same symptoms are still there...

Restriction is not fixing it. You've reduced your food down to 2 or 3 items and the gut irritation comes right back...basically living in a nutritional bubble.

All of the autoimmune diseases are still there at the cellular level and you can't get rid of them. You've tried to smother and smoke them out by eating 85% fat, 10% protein and 5% carbs.

You're living on a hope and a prayer, eating pinecones, dirt, grass clippings and old tennis shoes.

It's been years now and you cannot touch an avocado or eggs, still not finding relief from all of the gut inflammation....

Dig deep for your answers and don't give up. They say that autoimmune disorders can never be cured but that  means you are always in a state of sickness.

Remember. They're reversing the curse of peanut allergies with new thinking.

The hope for creation of new good medicine remains. My ancestors were always hopeful for good medicine.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Recovery comes first.

Repetition begets expertise.

Understanding is key. Your deeper understanding comes with mastery gained through practice, practice, practice.

Adults don't use their memory crunching status in the same way that kids do.

With time, the memory becomes more efficient at retrieving facts and figures. It's never too late to teach a dog of any age new tricks.

If you hike the same trail over and over and over again, a smooth path forms making it easier to get from beginning to end.

Bottomline: Repetition works. For real.

Learning all of your addition and multiplication tables - having them in your rote memory works well into your future.

Repetition is one of the keys for food addiction recovery. I repeat myself, often. 

It ain't easy being green or carrying on a running conversation with yourself.

Addiction recovery tools must be memorized.They are a means of finding your way out of the maze of confusion.

Repeat and repeat until new cognitive behaviors become yours. They will give you confidence.

Your skills in your wheelhouse. Learn to know yourself.

Do not be deterred. Create your own positive food management plan. 

I can't count calories, macros, micros, count steps or grams of carbs. I can't follow a menu plan written by other people.

That's not freedom.

Destructive food thoughts always precede behaviors = more binge and thrill eating.

Don't allow pet pedagogical theories to harm your ability to think for yourself and find your way. 

Teach yourself what works by repetition every day. Find the most efficient tools out there.

Travel the backroads of this forum. It will take longer than 30 days.

Your tolerance for the Big Kahuna triggers and indifference for abby normal cravings is a muscle that will grow stronger with use.

Do not be deterred. Let Sneaky Snake eat your dust.

Confusion = Stop thinking for yourself.

Just allow other opinions to become your own. That brings on more anger, resentment and being highly reactive vs. reflective.

Confusion. Take full responsibility for it. It is a choice not to invest the emotional effort that you need to exert.

You will find yourself even more confused and Sneaky Snake will pounce on you every change he gets. That lily-livered yellow-bellied sapsucker is not going to cut you any slack. You might as well get used to it.

Stand UP on your own two feet and take full responsibility for everything. 

It's time to start thinking for yourself. 

Have you ever created your own positive food management plan?

Do you know how liberating it really is to break free of the constraints of someone's think so's.

Shawshank it. For real.

Do you know how much fun it is and it's all fun, really...

To actually figure out what you want to eat on any given day without constant guilt and anxiety is massive freedom.

Have you ever sat down with yourself and said, for crying outloud, I don't have to listen to anyone tell me what to do. Shoo fly. Shoo.

You learn how you feel about yourself and remember that 'fat' is not a feeling.  I feel 'fat' today. Ooooo, shut the hail UP already.

Fix your hair and makeup.  Or don't.

Stop editing yourself.

Follow your own arrow.

Find that exit ramp out of the land of self-loathing. Lift someone else's spirits. 

There's always another streetcar coming around the corner and when you actually invest the time and energy into someone else, giving them a hand UP instead of always smacking them upside the head with some negative words, you'll be amazed at how good it makes you feel.

Dance to the music and actually follow through with your promises to yourself and others.  Be consistent.

Make your bed. You're the one who has to lie in it.

Find living, breathing people and interact with them. You can allow others to be in the spotlight and on center stage. It doesn't mean that you're not thinking for yourself.

Let your folkaronies decide where they want to eat or shop. Offer your seat to an elder or a pregnant woman. Be sweet and kind. Do it if you have the chance.  

It doesn't mean you're not thinking for yourself to step aside and give to others.

Much Love. Felicias.  Tanto Amore.  Italy. I can hardly wait for my package. 

There was a 5.8 EQ a few hours ago. I fully expect the compensation movement to follow.  The Universe is connected and so are earthquakes. Paw always knew that.

They say they're not but that's a bunch of hooey. Just like the cracking of a whip, compensation movement follows and travels on down the line.

I'm not worried or concerned about EQ swarms or even in the event of the Big Kahuna EQ they always talk about.

We're fearless that way. Brave. Courageous.

I believe the total solar eclipse has alot to do with what we've been experiencing this summer. Sun, moon, stars..Universe, solar storms and earthquake swarms.

On the first part of the journey, 3 years ago...I don't believe I was this strong.  It's not bragging if it's true.

Life can throw you many horsesheet pies, directly into your face.  You learn to duck and stay out of the ropes. No more rope-a-dope for me. 

Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. The hands can't hit what the eyes can't see.

Paw lurved the boxing matches. He was a warrior. A gentle and reflective one.  The best.

So we'll carry on in his footsteps. I'm carrying his wisdom about the Universe in the bottom of my heart.

The gift of faith. My spirit is the best part of me.

Today, I've had all kinds of phone calls. Aren't you worried that it's the Big One?  Nope. Not at all. I mean that with everything within my being.

We all have faith. Even if you believe in absolutely nothing it still requires faith to believe that your faith in nothing is true.

If you have faith that living inside of a gopher hole or going underground for a couple of years will solve all of your problems....that still requires faith to believe that all of your best laid plans won't end up like whack-a-mole when you come out of your black hole.

If you have more faith in black holes - you may get your wish. I'm not going out like that and I refuse to live like a gerbil. Rats eat one another when they're hard pressed and stressed to the max.

I have faith in you and me. The sky is not the limit and it never was. I have faith in the Great Spirit or Creator.

Ain't no mountain high enough or too valley low enough to keep us apart.  Tomorrow has enough worries of it's own.

Image result for posters god knows the when the where the why so show up and do your part

After all, tomorrow is another day. 

Image result for photo scarlett ohara tomorrow is another day

I'm watching for the compensation movement to travel towards the midwest. Ooo, frickity frick frick frack crack. B)

Now then. I lurve colored fonts. They're a huge part of my happy place. Black and white looks like a plucked chicken to me. Bare bones.

For 30 days you give it your all. Working hard on the railroad, trying to reach your destination of fat adaptation.  Do you know why you're doing that?

If you immediately start thrill eating on Day 31 for another month or two, then start over again and again and again...what happened to fat adaptation.

If you don't ever conduct a Reintro process, you're dancing in the dark.  Bouncing in and out of fat adaptation, wild swings UP and down...losing 10 lbs one month and rebounding and eating it all back in the next 2 months with 12 lbs.

Some order out of that chaos must be imposed.  

For every action there is a corresponding reaction.

How many "cheat meals" does it take before you've been bounced right out of fat adaptation.

How much wood can a woodchuck chuck?

How much thrill eating results in a total wash.

Fat adaptation and Cheat Meals.  Research it.

There are multitudes of sites giving you advice for CheatWeekends, Cheat Nights or Cheat Meals to be eaten along with the ketogenic approach to life.

If you absolutely love that way of eating so much - Why O Why do you need a Cheat Meal or a Cheat Weekend to endure it.

If it is such a good way of eating, why would you need to STOP and take a detour to endure it.

Over-restriction and Dieting = The need for many, many detours and Cheat Meals

Consistency is the key and I'm not talking about being consistent with over-restriction. There's a huge price to pay for that.  It won't last.

For your good results to remain your good habits have to continue on...well into your future.

Archived