Did you find yourself sweeter and kinder after Whole30 reintro?

MeadowLily

The 8 centres in the study are:

Denmark: The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Copenhagen

The Netherlands: Maastricht University, Maastricht

Bulgaria:
National Medical Transport Institute, Sofia

Czech Republic: Institute of Endocrinology, Prague

Germany: German Institute of Human Nutrition, Potsdam

Greece: University of Crete, Heraklion

Spain: University of Navarra, Pamplona

UK: Medical Research Council, Human Nutrition Research, Cambridge

Diogenes aims to identify what will be most effective in preventing weight gain and weight regain. Diogenes is identifying the factors that influence long-term success, the appetite and satiety.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food Addiction

Relapse

Rebound weight gain = Eating it all back

Less than 5% of dieters can keep the weight off and that number who can keep off weight, is only 2% higher among weight loss surgery patients...that is less than 7% of weight loss surgery patients can keep off all of their weight for any amount of time.

A self-induced Food Prison vs. Food Freedom Forever

Do not tell me that more dieting, intermittent fasting and keto everything will fix a food addiction.  It won't. 

Eating 85% coconut oil, 10% protein and 5% carbs will not fix a food addiction.

If you cannot maintain that way of eating for the rest of your life, the food addict will eat it all back in a fraction of the time it took you to lose all of the weight.

You will have to create a positive food management plan that you can actually live with, consistently, for the rest of your life.

If you absolutely love that way of eating zero carbs so much - Why O Why do you need a Cheat Meal or a Cheat Weekend to endure it.

If it is such a good way of eating, why would you need to STOP and take a detour to endure it.

It doesn't work for the food addict. At all.

It only adds to the driving force that causes a food addict to eat it all back.  Eating. All. The. Things.

Less than 5% of dieters can keep the weight off and that number who can keep off weight, is only 2% higher among weight loss surgery patients...that is less than 7% of weight loss surgery patients can keep off all of their weight for any amount of time.

In the midnight hours, when you're all alone - no one can do this for you.

You are going to have to be your own pile driver with a tremendous whack. If you think the body and mind will help you out, think again. They will drive you to the ends of the earth for what they want.

The food addict is consumed with thoughts about food. While on-the-job, visiting with others and doing just about everything. Mad, sad or glad, the food addict is either in pursuit of food for thrill eating or just finishing up with a temporary food high.  That only lasts for about 5 minutes until everything that was making you sad or mad or glad - comes rushing right back in like a tidal wave.

Extremes beget more extremes.

Why do people go to extremes? It is Black and White Thinking. Mild to profound.

http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/dlp/understanding-depression/all-or-nothing-or-black-and-white-thinking-and-depression/

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/05/18/cognitive-distortion-how-does-black-and-white-thinking-hurt-us/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

Darling I don't know why I go to extremes
Too high or too low there ain't no in-betweens
You can be sure when I'm gone
I won't be out there too long
Darling I don't know why I got to extremes

Out of the darkness, into the light
Leaving the scene of the crime
Either I'm wrong or I'm perfectly right every time
Sometimes I lie awake, night after night
Coming apart at the seams
Eager to please, ready to fight
Why do I go to extremes?

And if I stand or I fall
It's all or nothing at all

In pursuit of another Rapid Weight Loss High.

Has that changed everything for you then?

Have you been able to maintain that 100 lb weight loss for over 3 years or more. That's the handwriting on the wall.

Only Daniel could interpret it for the king.

But you are going to have to sift through the sands of your past and pull the dross out of your head. You are in for the fight of your life.

If you're UP for a rodeo and you've got true grit, you don't have to be in that number of defeat.

Give it all you've got. Take the bull by the horns. 

Food Addiction recovery comes first because it affects every other area of your life.  If you think it doesn't, that's just the body and mind pulling the wool over your eyes.  Again.

Relapse and Rebound weight gain all in the form of fat =

You can't turn fat into muscle.

They are two different tissues with two different jobs.

Muscle is protein, water and glycogen.

Fat is made of fatty acids.  Fatty acids can't turn into protein and vice versa.  Just like you can't turn nuts into proteins, they're fats. :lol:

Fat and muscle have very little in common. They're polar opposites and not bi-winning. :D

Muscle - eat protein and lift heavy things.

You can replace fat with muscle by losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time.  Don't try to fast track it because it is a delicate balancing act.

That's it in a nutshell and not the Whole bushel.

rowing-benefits.jpg

Progress belly selfies are not a cure for a food addiction.

Have they changed everything for you then?

When you slide back off the goose, relapse with rebound...do you take more progress belly selfies as you head back in the opposite direction.

If dieting actually worked, it would take one diet, one time - to fix all of your wild swings UP and down with weight.

One diet. Swish your hands together...swish swish and walk away.

All of the dieting dog days are over now.  One extra special diet and you'll feel Ooooo sooo special.  

If the jeans still fit you must acquit.

One diet and when I reach my goal - all of my troubles will be over.  Life will be perfect.

They always say it will never happen again and then it does.

Relapse

Rebound

Compensate

Compensation movement and more dieting, giving it all you've got trying to outexercise a food addiction.  Extremes beget extremes.

Eating all the things or nothing.

All or nothing.

A broken picker. Making excuses and blaming everyone else for all of your own shortcomings and flaws.

Take full responsibility for everything. Your broken picker.

Your broken relationship with food.

Your broken heart.

Your broken brain.

A broken picker.

You can't fix a broken brain with a broken brain.

You need to sit down with someone.  Face-to-Face.

STOP. In the name of love for yourself and others making excuses and massive rationalization that it's not your responsibility.

We've got to use our heads besides something to part our ears with. 

Overthinking is not a cure for a food addiction.

A broken picker.

If you're the one always leaving a trail of tears behind you, it's time to take a good hard look at yourself.

That's stink on stink.

It doesn't matter where you go or who you pick, you're taking yourself with you.

Stinkin' Thinkin' is not a cure for a food or love addiction.

You're going to have to pull all of the dross out of your head.  Until you do, you will live to repeat your history...over and over and over again.

Starting over and over and over again is not a cure for a food or love addiction.

The truth will find you out.

Archived