Melt Organic Buttery Spread

Mdonohue

Can I use Melt Organic Buttery Spread?

List of ingredients are: Organic Oil Blend (Organic virgin coconut oil, Organic palm fruit oil, Organic canola oil, Organic hi oleic sunflower oil, Organic flaxseed oil), water, Organic unsalted butter, sea salt, Organic butter flavor, Non-GMO sunflower lecithin, Tocopherols, Annatto-turmeric.

It seems like it would be healthier than clarifying regular butter, but I don't know...

I'm with Johnny on the spread - bad news bears. And seed and vegetable oils are not a good fat choice. But I should clarify that seed and vegetable oils are not technically forbidden on the Whole30. Again, we want you to avoid them. But if you happen across some in food prepared by others, for example, you're program isn't shot.

PS: Clarifying butter is super easy. Googling the idea will give you many, many instructional options. And it's delicious.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Ever tried to scrape vegetable oil off of a fryer.  It turns to varnish when heated.   Boiled Linseed Oil (flax oil) was used for varnish and a preservative.  Imagine what that does to the cells of the body.

Archived