MCT oil

Josephine

Is there a place for this in W30 or is it off limits? Should we just not touch this supplement and stick to just coconut oil?

I tried searching but the words were too short for the search engine. "MCT OIL"

I find it's easiest to search the forum via Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for, and if it's been discussed here, you'll get links to the posts.

I find it's easiest to search the forum vis Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for, and if it's been discussed here, you'll get links to the posts.

And the trick here is NO space btw Whole and 30 (just like Chris has it). And thanks for this GF Chris bcs otherwise the forum doesn't allow searches for letters like that. AIP, MCT by themselves are unsearchable. 

I've been taking it for about a month (in "bulletproof tea"). I had been given some by a co-worker so I thought I'd give it a shot. I do find it energizing, but maybe that's the black tea talking? When the bottle's done I'm going to try using regular coconut oil instead and see if there's any difference. After doing a bit of research, though, I've decided I'm not comfortable with how processed MCT oil is, so I likely won't purchase it myself. (I compare it to taking isolated nutrients, i.e. supplements - the body can only do so much with them in such a refined state. While they're necessary in some cases, whole food is usually best!)

Archived