day 1 - no gum!

gabepace

i can give up sugar.  i can give up coffee even.  but up until today i have never been able to give up gum for an entire day.  i basically replaced cigarettes and eating between meals with gum.  so i NEEDED it.  but you guys i didn't have any gum today. i did it!

let's see what tomorrow's like.

i have also never given up all sweeteners before.  

let's see what tomorrow's like.

xo

gabrielle pace, x-sugar junkie

www.gabriellepace.com

I was becoming a gum addict before starting this, and not the minty stuff. I usually had 2-4 packs of some "dessert-flavoured" chewing gum in my purse at all times...peach crisp, chocolate mint, Sour Patch Kid-gum...you name it! But it was definitely triggering cravings for food every time I chewed it. Ten days without it so far. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I"m enjoying not having a tired jaw from all the chomping!

• 3 weeks later...

A little late to this topic, but I totally empathize!

I quit smoking a week before I began my whole30 journey (day 9 now) but always chewed gum (with sugar, sugarfree, basically whatever was available) and drank oodles of coffee during the day.

I can't believe how amazing I feel without any of these vices now -- I decided to quit caffeine, too.  I figured why not give up everything at once.

Seltzer water and herbal teas are my new favorites! I also have a pitcher of "detox water" at home (with cucumbers and lemons, sometimes a bit of mint leaves). Plain water gets boring all the time.

I hope I can keep this up. 

Archived