I can't believe this ...

HeatherF

Today is Day 23 on my Whole 30 Challenge (way to go me!) however I had dinner over a friends' house last night and she'd grilled steaks. Apparently (i found out after the fact) the steak had been marinated in soy sauce. After all of my hard work, I have to start over from Day 1 don't I... :angry:  :(

So sorry for you, it sucks to start over when it's not your fault. I never trust anything anyone says. It's hard enough to remember the rules when you are doing a whole30 it is impossible for people who have no clue or may think it's not a big deal. Hopefully you have some positive changes so continuing is not hard. Good Luck!

Today is Day 23 on my Whole 30 Challenge (way to go me!) however I had dinner over a friends' house last night and she'd grilled steaks. Apparently (i found out after the fact) the steak had been marinated in soy sauce. After all of my hard work, I have to start over from Day 1 don't I... :angry:  :(

Soy sauce sneaks in so many places. You've done so well. And now its just a Whole 53. 

Oh Heather, I'm soooooo sorry to hear that you have to start over!  I don't know what I would do if I made it as far as you have (I'm on day 8 of my first Whole30) and had to start over because of something that wasn't even my fault!  I hope you don't get too discouraged.

Ha! Deb, you're right! Definitely a Whole 53 now. I'm not too upset. I'm glad that I was able to make it far and the Whole 30 lifestyle started to become a fact of life rather than a grueling challenge. Just sucks that I was soooooo close! Anyways, I'm going to finish out these last 7 days and get myself a slice of pizza ... because I've earned it haha. I'll start a new challenge at the end of the month, this time no sabotages! 

Archived