leahcarn FODMAP reintroduction log

leahcarn

Oct 17, day 2 low fodmap. No symptoms so far (maybe still some bloating? I forgot what I look like with no bloating, I'll need to get photos next time lol)

M1: scotch egg with carrot sticks and coconut butter

M2: Frittata as per the rest of the week

M3 still to go

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oct 18 continued

M2:frittata as for before

Snack:2 boiled eggs

M3: pork loin roast with mushroom, spinach and bacon, swede, kumara, and parsnip.

Tomorrow I get to decide which paleo bacon I like best out of 2 brands I have available :) bring on the bacon and egg brekkie ...

Oct 19 continued. Day 4 low fodmap, no symptom day 1!

M2: swede, spinach, salmon egg scramble in ghee
Snack: boiled eggs, carrot sticks in chili dip (mince, tomato, pumpkin, zucchini, carrot)
M3: lamb chops, swede, kumara and silverbeet.

Oct 20, gas and loose stool. The only thing I did differently was have a herbal tea with apple in it in my morning break :( I just want to cry!

Reintroductions also must progress with a sense of urgency so I can pack nuts, dried fruit, larabars etc for my bike rally at the end of november.

M2: Frittata with pumpkin, unidentified squash, spinach and beef cheek
M3 still to go

Oct 22, day 2 low fodmap. No noticeable symptoms.

M2: Frittata as for yesterday
Snacks: chocolate, paleo pumpkin spice cupcakes, several cups of bone broth
M3: steak, potatoes, carrot

So sick of this. I am sick and out of self control

Eating garlic with my steak and roast veges, cauliflower fried rice, eating bananas again, a little variety in my breakfast nut butter, avocados, and mushrooms! (i miss mushrooms so much)

I wouldn't go crazy because I actually enjoy paleo food more (maybe I'd have 1 scone from the work tea room) but there are some things I really miss.

Part of the reason its so hard it that I'm in a wedding this weekend, and a lot of the food over the weekend is being put on for us, so I'm trying to sort out my compliant options, and I'm away camping at the end of next month, so trying to plan template meals for 5 days with no refrigeration. Usually my coping strategy is to fall back into my premade food and routines, and ignore what I'm eating, in a sense. But I can't do that right now.

Gojo, thanks, I really do appreciate your support

Oct 23, day 3 low fodmap. Bloating and soft stool.

I won't fit in another reintro before the weekend, my goal us to not be bloated in the wedding photos, then recover after. Aiming to go back to 3 meals, no snacks. I know I can do it, and I know well I've been snacking because I'm lonely.

M2: Will be frittata as for yesterday

Why are you lonely, and what can you do to fill that void that doesn't involve snacking?

I'm sure it's boring and disheartening right now, but keep your eyes on the end goal. The items on your wish list sound so innocuous - little buggers!

Thanks. Lonely because hubby has been out of town for the last few weeks for work. We thought he'd be in town this week so we could spend some time together, but he's been called in to work late every night. I have a few craft things I could do, but getting motivation is a different story

M2: chicken thigh, carrrot, sweet potato and spinach

M3: paleo brownies, paleo garlic bread. Half a banana. A couple of the recipes were actually low fodmap! but either almonds or garlic gave me gas. I suspect almonds. Will test. Also had soft stool (pre fodmap ingestion)

Low fodmap day 1 tomorrow.

Archived