Whole 30 Starting 24/09/14

wholedlyon

hi peeps,    So last night - after settling in for the night - my stomach did not like the salad much... it started its gurgling, rumbling and making me well aware of the discontent.    Don't know if the restaurant used the 'veggie wash' on their greens, or the pecans or the cheese caused issues.  Needless to say - it was unpleasant for a bit.

My weekend is pretty filled, and will have to do some creative thinking so that I can stay compliant.  Another hair appointment and then out to a friends for the evening for a house warming party.  Sunday lunch w/ another friend. 

Hope you all have a great weekend

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone !  

I had a glass of wine ~ and a shot or 2 of apple pie (apple cider/apple juice/cinnamon/brown sugar and everclear)  very yummy - BUT  this morning - woke with a bad headache - took some Tylenol and then it came back in the afternoon.

So - at this time - any alcohol is going to be a very occasional thing - if at all !

Made mayo with avocado oil and raw apple cider vinegar and it is good!   I like it better than the mayo with olive oil. ( stopped the blender a few times - no overheating and ruining my mayo today) Now I can make the jicama/carrot slaw, and regular coleslaw.  I have been wanting to have hot dogs and I love them with coleslaw.  so tomorrow I will find some of those Gilberts dogs (no corn syrup or nitrates)

went out for lunch today - had an awesome steak and a ton of yummy veggies.  Tonight made spaghetti sauce and had just the meat sauce and a side of grilled zucchini.  Made a loaf pan of lasagna for Brooke - she actually told me what she wanted !!

Joined Costco today -   got 6+ lbs of organic ground beef for $40, 2 organic chickens, organic butter & avocado oil.  Feels good to have some food in the freezer.

I have been eating my butternut squash and pork stew for each meal - it is so yummy and then I get my veggies too !  

tomorrow I am going to make some sw potato/zucchini cakes, and shredded more rutabaga.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, like I did !

Hey guys,  It's 8:30 Sunday night and I am worn out.  The party was great, it was so cold and windy that morning I was afraid that I would have to find a way for 30 people to be in the house all day but it turned out great.  The sun warmed up everything and the wind stopped and everything worked out great.  We had tons of food and I did good till about 3 p.m.  I hit my 30 days the day before and I just gave in.  I ate anything and everything I wanted and got right back to it today.  I was actually glad that I did because all it did was confirm to me how much I like being on the plan.  I didn't get sick but just felt bogged down and sluggish.  I as so happy to be going back to the way I've been eating for the last 2 months.  So today is day 1 of round 3.

My company is leaving tomorrow morning so we took them to Grand Isle today.  It is basically the end of Louisiana right on the gulf of Mexico.  We had dinner and I got a seafood salad that was delicious.  We bought 15 lbs of shrimp on the way home so we'll probably boil some tomorrow and put the rest in the freezer.  I don't have anything ready for the week so I'll probably work on that tomorrow when I'm at my daughter's house with the kids.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. 

Oh  I love the shrimp for LA - friends of mine brought some back - and it was soooooooooooo yummy !!!   I'm so jealous - I've been wanting shrimp all week.

I weighed myself this morning - down another 4lbs. !  whoot whoot !   did measurements and I am down another 1-2". 

I want to cheat - but like everyone else - I am enjoying this way of life.  (I do have the terra chips and some homemade onion dip that is waiting for me - but I'm going to make it a part of my meal - no snacking)   So I think I will have that with my dog and coleslaw.

had to have a mini meal this morning- which hasn't happened in a while.  so I went to the café and got boiled eggs/cukes/tomatoes and some olives from the salad bar.  

M1 - 3 eggs w/ butternut squash and Butter - yup  I had butter.

M2 is my left over Yummy steak and acorn squash
M3 - I want hot dogs but didn't make my coleslaw last night - it is way better after it has set for a bit.

I hope everyone has a good day - I will check in tonight

Morning everyone

It's been a crazy few days. The house was supposed to be moved tomorrow. Now they say they can't till Friday. Ugh!! Trying to help plan a wedding long distance isn't fun or easy!!

On a good note, I got my new treadmill and it's all set up. I got to use it yesterday. I shocked myself and was able to jog on it for over 3 minutes. I haven't run in over a year. I have asthma and being overweight makes it hard to run. When I was going to the gym I was working myself up to jogging and had only gotten to about 3 minutes. I could of gone longer yesterday but didn't want to push my luck. I don't have a inhaler anymore. Haven't used it in 2 years and haven't replaced my old one. I'm planning on using this treadmill everyday. I want to loose more weight before the wedding. She hasn't set the exact date yet but it's narrowed down to January 31at or February 7th. I'm wanting February 7th. Just got reminded last night that the 7th is my inlaws anniversary. That would be so special to them if she used that date.

Anyone having problems with sleep? I'm falling asleep around 8pm and waking up about 5am. I would normally go to bed at 10pm and get up around 6-7am. This is driving me crazy. I've always been a night person not a morning person. Now I can't stay awake past 8. I'm not that old yet!!

Tina..congratulations on the 4lbs and the inches gone. Bet it feels great. Another W30 on the way?

Lisa...sounds like your party went great. Now what are you going to do? Are you going to start a new W30 or try real life?

David...where are you my friend? Not like you to not post on Monday and Tuesday. Hope your doing good.

Everyone have a great day.

Hey guys,  Back to the plan.  Have recovered from any damage I did at the party.  I think 'llI keep going and eat for Thanksgiving then get right back till Christmas.  Thanksgiving dinner would be hard to pass up especially my mom's pecan pies.  They are incredible and we usually only have them around the holidays.

Tina - great job on the weight loss.  I've been making big shrimp salads for the past few nights and it was a welcomed change.  I peeled most of the shrimp and put the in the freezer but boiled a big batch for the salads. 

David - where are you?  hope all is well.

Dawn - glad you got your treadmill.  I walked for 2 1/2 years, 3 miles a day without missing one day.  My grandson was born in September of 2010 and the day he was born was the last day I walked.  I don't think I could run to the mailbox so I think your 3 minutes is amazing. 

well need to get my little sweetie down for her nap.  Ya'll have a great day.

Hey everyone.

Ran around like a chicken with my head cut off yesterday getting wedding stuff done already. Dress bought. Veil ordered, Contacted venue. Trip to Sams to get plates, etc... Picked out appetizers, and dinner menu. And made a huge list of things that still need to do and buy. Hard to do things long distance but it will work.

Talked to David this morning. He's fine, just busy. He said he'd check in later today if he gets a chance.

Glad to hear everyone is doing good. Talk to ya'll when I come up for my next breath of air.

Hey Everyone

I’m still here. I’ve been really busy at work lately and haven’t had much chance to get on.

I had my first Kendo tournament on Saturday and Sunday. I did well considering it was open to all levels. Having just begun I gained a lot by competing with other Kendoka and seeing some pretty high lelvel Kendo.

It’s inspired me to take a second class per week, which I start on Saturday.

I fell off the wagon at the weekend so trying to get back into the whole 30 way again. There wasn’t a major thing that happened to prompt this, perhaps just the accumulation of the past few weeks.

Hope you all have a great day

We Can Do This!

David

hi peeps !  Dawn - I apologize but are you getting married ?  I feel like I have missed something ?  or is it your daughter.  Sorry - I feel like a dork for asking.

Last night I had a turtle sundae - my grandson twisted my arms !! both of them.  I enjoyed it -but won't be having one of those again for a while.  No adverse affect but I did wake w/ a slight headache this morning.

I actually did some arm exercises last night - didn't run a marathon or anything - but it was more than I did the day before.! :P

Tonight I tried my hand at making scallops (only bought 3 - they were expensive and if I ruined them - then I was only out $5 !)  they were ok - but I think I will leave that up to the professionals and have them when I go out for dinner.  I made shrimp and zucchini for dinner.

M1 was a big salad,

M2  was pork chop and sw potato.

Oh and I did have a few chips and the last of my onion dip, with M3

David - glad your weekend went well.  I have a friend who is into Kendo - I think she actually has made to the instructor level.  I have watched her in action and it is amazing !  So you are getting quite the workout !

Chat soon !

Good morning

I hope you are all well.

Today is food shopping day so I’m getting my meal plan sorted and the shopping list built.

Dawn, hope the wedding preparations are going well.

Tina, My daughter has similar persuasive powers over her grandparents too. They are unable to say no to her.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend.

We Can Do This!

David

Hi everyone, doing really good, got to a new low # on the scale today which was exciting.  Four or Five lbs to go and I'll be at my goal.  I was laughing at the comments about grand kids and grandparents.  Ed and I will do things for or with the kids that we would never normally do.  My daughter just looks at us and shakes her head.  They definitely have us under their spell. 

Ed is going hunting today for more than a week. I'll be home catching up on little things I never get around to.  It will be easy to be on the plan for just me.  I don't need as many "real meals"  I can throw together odd things and be happy with that.  I've been thinking about making a big pot of vegetable soup now that we are getting some cold weather.  That will be easy to freeze portions for later.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

Oh I wanted to say that now one of my sisters is doing the challenge.  She started Monday and says she already feels better.  She has some medical issues and a lot of anxiety.  She is having blood work on Dec 4 and wants to see how her #'s compare to last years checkup.  I am thinking she will see good changes if she sticks with it. 

Morning everyone

Tina...it's my daughter getting married. I've been married for 25years now. She's been engaged for 3 years now. We were beginning to think they were just never going to do it. They've been living together for 5 years and have a 4 year old daughter.

Lisa....congrats on the loss. Wish I could say I've only got 5 pound to go. But someday....

Enjoy the quite time while hubby is off hunting. Hope he bags something. Is it a deer or elk hunt? We didn't draw out for anything this year but hubby did get a left over elk tag for December with a bow. We really need it. Been out of GOOD meat for a year now.

David and Tina ....don't fret over falling off the wagon. Just climb back on. I fell off this weekend too.

Went to visit my son and the house put on a lunchon for the families. Pasta, salad and banana pudding. It was really good but very bad for me. I felt guilty eating it but enjoyed each bite until it bit back with stomach pains on the long drive home(4 hours). Too much cheese. The visit went good though. He seems to be adjusting well and learning to follow rules. We did find out that they won't let him go to his sisters wedding though. He's to new to the program and hasn't earned time out yet.

Their suppose to move the house tomorrow. Then some stress will be gone. Then it's time to clean the yard up and re landscape.

Hope everyone has a great day and had a great weekend.

Dawn

good morning guys,  hope everyone had a nice weekend.  As usual I was busy, my energy has me going crazy in the house.  I think I have cleaned everything there is to clean and Saturday I started to rearrange some of the furniture in the rooms.  I like the changes.  Sunday mornings I work running a church nursery and after work I decided to treat myself to a outlet mall trip.  Ed doesn't care much for shopping so when we go (which is not often) he's always ready to leave as soon as we can.  It was a nice day all to myself since he is hunting.  I got one of those gadgets to make the zucchini noodles.  I am off tomorrow so I am doing grocery shopping and will try it out.

Dawn, Ed is deer hunting in Arkansas.  We have family up there and he's been going every year since he was 17.  He will probably come home with 2 of them and then we'll send them off to get processed into all kinds of different things, sausage, roast, cutlets, ground......  all of our meat and seafood come from what he catches. 

The weather here has been just wonderful.  It is such a nice change from all of the heat and humidity.  Yesterday I went out in the garden and picked about 15 peppers and put them up in the freezer.  We have all kinds of veggies coming in soon, we planted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and more.  I'll be roasting them often. 

You all have a great day.

Hi everyone !

I made Pina Colada Chicken (well fed2) and it was YUMMY.  I used red & orange peppers, and I know that green peppers do not agree with me unless I boil them for approx. 2 mins, and I thought I had no problems w/ others.  Well, today those peppers also caused problems. - I thought pretty unusual, but I guess with eating appropriately ~  my stomach is going to let me know a lot quicker when there is an issue !

I had bought some pants in the beginning of Oct, but didn't wear them because they were too long.  I took them out to hem them up - put them on to see how much I had to take off.  The son of guns are too big !  Good thing I went to Goodwill store and only pd $5.  I'm happy - don't get me wrong - EXTREMELY, but I don't have any pants to wear !

I went to a yoga class on Saturday !   just a basics - and wow - it was a workout.  Not so bad I couldn't walk the next day - but I certainly felt muscles that have been lax.   I work this Saturday so I didn't sign up yet for the 4 week course.  I want to start at the beginning, so I am not behind everyone else.   I certainly can see the benefit of yoga.  My goal is to be more limber and strengthen those weak areas.  Like my back and hips... anything to help prevent my hips from slipping out of whack.   Maybe then there won't be so many trips to the back snapper.

Fridge is still on the fritz - lost all my greens again.   I think now that it is colder, my garage would be a good place to keep them. Then maybe I can get more than 1 meal out of the container.

I hope that everyone is doing well.  Dawn - is the home moved ??? !  You deserve a weekend of total relaxation !  (I thought it was your daughters wedding - but wasn't sure )  Lisa - enjoy your peace and quiet -  he will return soon enough and then you will have work to do to take care of those deer.  Do you process your own? My ex was a huge hunter and we always processed our own, except for sausage.

I have a brother and nephew who are so nice to toss some meat my way - I sure do miss having a freezer full.

David - did you get your cooking done ??  and how did your new lessons go ?  That was this weekend - right ?

Ok  will check in later

Hey everyone

Well I'm awake at 4:30 again this morning. This sucks. Too many things on my mind I guess. To windy Monday(50mph) and yesterday was a holiday so today their suppose to move the house. But their saying more winds today. We're also suppose to get our first freeze tonight. It's early!! We usually don't get cold weather till after Thanksgiving. Wedding plans are coming along good. Invatations got ordered yesterday. Minister found. Still working on DJ and catering. It's getting there. Most people are being real good about taking my credit card over the phone thank god. Being in in New Mexico and she in Colorado.

Had a bad night last night. I ate some beef jerky I was making for my neighbor kid and it had liquid smoke in it. That has soy in it. Crap!! All this stress, I'm not thinking!! I have tonight's dinner planned out at least. Fish and sweet potatoes.

I can't wait till my life settles down. Have a good day everyone.

Dawn

Hi all !    Got my blood test results back - cholesterol down .. 207   to 185.. the other ones are not that good. My yearly physical is in Dec, so we will see what my doc says then.  I'm not going to sweat over it - it is what it is .  the cholesterol going down is a great thing in itself

another nsv - my redesigned wedding ring,  now fits on the correct finger !  (I want it on the right hand- and it didn't fit prior !)

Because of my fridge - still don't have much for fresh veggies. 

M1 today was sw potato bake, it was a little dry (previously frozen) so added some coconut aminos.  Next time I make this I will make it with sausage, this last time I used up some left over browned ground beef  with reheating - the beef dried out too much.

M2 is going to be meatballs and sw potato

M3  was going to be a pork roast - but somehow it is lost in my freezer.... (LOL  - must be at the bottom and that means I have to empty everything to find it - which is a weekend dealo !)

so I think M3 is going to be an off roading -  I've been wanting some pizza. 

Check in later

Hi everyone, well it's Friday and it's cold over here.  Doing good with the plan.  I go off a little bit here and there but nothing much.  I'm holding my own as far as the scale goes so it seem like my last few lbs will not come off easily.  Last night I made a big batch of the sweet potato sliders and enjoyed them so much.  I've been having prunes with a little mound of almond butter for my "dessert" and I really like them.

Ed has not seen anything in the woods to bring home yet.  I told him he was not being a good provider and that we would need food stamps if he didn't bring home some meat :D  I hope he see's something before it's time for him to come home. 

Tonight my girlfriend is coming over to spend the night, we'll probably watch movies and catch up with a pot of coffee,  a girl's night in instead of a girl's night out.

Tina, great job on the #'s.  That is a good improvement.

Dawn, glad your house adventures are working out.

David, hope you are doing well. 

Have a great day. 

Hey everyone.

Doing pretty good here. Trying to get back on track with food. Made some egg bakes for breakfast. They stuck to the bottom of the muffin tins. Go figure!! Went grocery shopping yesterday. Stocked up on veggies and some chicken. Tomorrow I'll pick up some ground beef.

They got the house moved out on Wednesday. Now I have a bunch of trash to pick up that was under the house that the dogs pulled under there. Then gotta take out the old patio and level the ground where the old house sat. Lots of work to get the yard looking good again.

Tina...great news on the cholesterol.

Lisa have fun on the girls night in. Hope Ed gets a deer. Nothing like fresh meat.

Have a great day.

Dawn

Ok you guys,

Got a problem here. I'm tired all the time lately. I know I went off the plan for a few days. Sugar and pasta. Is my body starting all over again on the detox? Am I not getting enough vitiamins? Iron? I'm eating meat and veggies and fats at every meal. Some meals better than others though. Any advice? Should I start taking a multi-vitamin?

Dawn

dawn - my guess is your body is just tired !  You have been moving and grovin, and your brain has been going nonstop !  I think you may just need to rest.

Especially if you are eating well -  Just my thoughts.

Also I take Vitamin D3 - (D3 is important) it helps with being tired, seasonal disorder, anxiety, etc.  I didn't want pills so my doc suggested D3 and it is a HUGE help

Hope you feel better soon

Thanks Tina. I'll pick up some vitamin D while at the store today. I use to take it all the time but Dr said my levels were good and I could go off them. My levels are probably low again. Guess it's time for some blood work again. Need the thyroid checked again too.

Hey David. Where you at??? Missing you!

hi guys,  well it already time to get ready for tomorrow.  Just washed some fruit and made salmon salad for tomorrow.  We are supposed to get severe thunderstorms tonight and I'm hoping it passes by the time I need to leave tomorrow morning.

Nothing to eventful this weekend.  Went to Costco and worked this morning, other than that pretty much stayed around the house.  Hope you all had a good weekend. 

Archived