HELP PLEASE!!! Feeling EXTREMELY uncomfortable!!!!

ambz44

I don't think 14 days is enough time to gauge a Whole 30.   Paleo snacks, nut butters, dark chocolate would increase the pant size, but not the menu you've shared.     In 14 days, whatever bloat is there will only be temporary.   Hating the way you look, feeling low and depressed....wishing you didn't break what wasn't broken....

Your avatar reveals a fit woman.  I don't see an ounce of extra weight in your head shot.  I'm wondering why you're being so hard on yourself about weight.

I am feeling all the extra water/weight in my hips/thighs...I was eating well before and thought wanted to try this Whole30 for a year now. I have a social life and didn't think not drinking for 30 days or having sweets was something I could do. I had to pump myself up to do this and now I just feel awful. As I mentioned before I haven't jumped not he scale, but the image in the mirror and the way my clothes feel is hard to handle. 

Also, I ate veggies at every meal. I would typically eat a cup at every meal. I do not count calories or measure I am just trying to convey my life prior to the Whole30. I don't know at this point if it is worth continuing...I don't want to screw my body up anymore than I already have

• Moderators

This is killing me that my body has gotten larger than prior to starting. Everything I own is tighter and I feel gross! And I hate the way I look right now....I am feeling pretty low again today and quite depressed. I am really bummed that I started this Whole30. I wish I didn't break what wasn't broken.....

Okay, just to reiterate here -- your body is bloated, it has not gained a bunch of fat. It will go away, just give it time -- it's Whole30, not Whole14 or even Whole25. My first Whole30, I was convinced I was gaining weight the whole month, until the last few days, but at the end, I had lost weight. It just takes time.

Are you eating starchy veggies? Eating a serving of sweet potato or winter squash or some other starchy veggie every day helps my mood tremendously, and others have reported the same -- see this thread, or this one, or this one. I'm not particularly active, but still lose weight eating at least a serving of starchy veggies -- you're very active, you can definitely handle at least that much, possibly more.

And one cup of vegetables at each meal is the absolute minimum you need. Go for 2-4 cups at most meals. You want your body to have plenty of nutrients. This isn't about starving your body to force it to lose weight, it's about giving your body all of the fuel it needs to run at its best.

I am feeling all the extra water/weight in my hips/thighs...I was eating well before and thought wanted to try this Whole30 for a year now. I have a social life and didn't think not drinking for 30 days or having sweets was something I could do. I had to pump myself up to do this and now I just feel awful. As I mentioned before I haven't jumped not he scale, but the image in the mirror and the way my clothes feel is hard to handle. 

Also, I ate veggies at every meal. I would typically eat a cup at every meal. I do not count calories or measure I am just trying to convey my life prior to the Whole30. I don't know at this point if it is worth continuing...I don't want to screw my body up anymore than I already have

Okay.  But what if you stuck it out for two more weeks and something 'wonderful' happened....like the Tiger Blood glow from eating all of your vegetables.  :)  And what if you came back and you were so happy that you finished.   It could happen, it really could.

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Things that cause 4 lbs of overnight "weight" gain for me:

heavy deadlifts

an 18 mile hike with 5000 ft vertical gain

not pooping and generally feeling like I have an alien baby

too much salt late at night

who the hell knows ;)

Honest, I've been 137 one morning and 141 the next.  Anything can do it.  However, I will agree with the xfit comments you have gotten. Unless you are hoping to go to the games or regionals next year... 6 days a week seems like too much.  Even if you just lifted for 2 days and kept the WOD for the other 3-4 it would be a step in the right direction I think.  Maybe swap out a day for yoga and then just take one more rest day - go for a walk, get a message, do something good for your body instead of beating it up again.  One of the mods just posted on another thread about her coach making her compensate for an extra workout - eating more, foam rolling, massage, extra sleep, etc.  Good advice I think.  

Also, is there a reason you aren't eating any carbs?  How about a small sweet potato a few times a day?  Or some beets or winter squash?  Or even a banana?  And what about added fat?  I don't see that either.  Basically you are eating a low fat, low carb, hypocaloric diet. 

I'm not actively trying to lose weight but I'm doing a W30 to try to help with some disordered eating I have.  Here is what I ate yesterday:

M1 (pre WOD): 2 HB eggs

post WOD: 2 slices applegate roast beef, 1/2 small sweet potato (<- didn't actually eat this, forgot it at home)

M2: 1/4 lb grassfed burger, 2 big tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and seasoned salt, bowl of steamed French green beans, 2 small bananas and ~2 tbsp coconut butter

M3: 3 small eggplants (broiled with a little coconut oil and salt), little bit of roasted broccoli, 3 clementines, grilled chicken breast, handful of pre-cooked roasted sweet potato all over a giant salad with some oil and vinegar, bowl of frozen mango with a handful of raisins and some full fat coconut milk

An extra 2 apples snuck in over the course of the day :)

Archived