Compliant Store-Bought Soups? Day 61 and chilly!

Yes, Day 61! Feeling great. Haven't wanted to go off. Digestive issues (IBS) mostly resolved!!! Used to have 6-8 Tums a day. None since August 11! Lost about 10 lbs. No cravings. The most I've "cheated" is having too many grapes. They're like candy. Gotta watch it. Yay!

Anyway, it's getting cold here in New England and I'm craving soups. I am not the most skilled or creative cook but I will try to learn. In the meantime, can anyone please recommend some store-bought soups? I don't eat tomatoes in any form and am trying to do low FODMAPS as much as possible, but that's not a 100% requirement. THANKS for any help!

• Moderators

I've never seen or heard of a store-bought soup that is Whole30-compliant, but I've never seriously looked for one either. Making soup or a thin "stew" is among the easiest, low risk things you can make in your kitchen. 

Here is the basic recipe that I work from lately... http://www.wholelifeeating.com/2013/11/pressure-cooker-golden-cauliflower-soup/

Thanks so much for the suggestions, Tom and littleg! Problem with the low FODMAPS is I don't eat onions or garlic, and I avoid spicy things like cayenne and peppery stuff. So I know that's a limitation with soups. Maybe I'll try the recipes without them? I'm willing to experiment!

Get yourself a Crock pot This is the one I have 

http://www.amazon.com/Crock-SCV700-B-Quart-Black-Cooker/dp/B003QAA902/ref=sr_1_35?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1413214476&sr=1-35&keywords=7+quart+crock+pot

You can make simple soups that are delicious and tailored towards your taste,   I use 2 lb of Ground beef as my meat base and then add what ever vegetables I want then add what ever spices (I never measure so soups always slightly different from each other)  and let it sit on low for a few hours or as I do usually   overnight.  

white potato are allowed now so they do great cut or diced up, green beans, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, many more ^,^

If you like Cabbage a half a head diced up with meat and other veggies is great too, just finished that soup.

Oh, how nice to come home to these responses. Thanks! I will print out and get going. I just CRAVE soup in the autumn.

I know that feeling ^,^ I'm on my 4th crockpot of soup already this month. I usually space them out but when I got a free head of cabbage I didn't want it to go to waste and it was way to big to use for one pot of soup.

I wish I had the supplies for more but this will be the last batch this month.  Just really craving soup

Agree: slow cooker / crockpot is the way to go. I often make a stew for dinner (whatever veg, plus herbs, plus bone broth plus some protein) and then after I've eaten I sometimes separate out the protein to use in another meal and blitz what's left and put that in the fridge to use as a soup for whenever I feel like it. Yum. I always have soup on the go. It's hardly a recipe, but it's super tasty.

Archived