Cashews if the other ingredient is an oil?

vivs6kids

I have spent a few hours at the computer and can't find the answers to the questions we have about a few items..

went to buy Cashews and the other ingredient was an oil - is that acceptable? I can't remember which oils I saw - maybe one was sunflower or safflower?  not sure....Do I have to keep searching for cashews with NO oil? ..

I've never found cashews roasted in a compliant oil. If you do, go for it! Where I live, all brands/varieties/bulk bins of cashews are roasted in peanut oil. I know there are regional variations, though, so go ahead and check. Oil is fine if it's a Whole30 approved oil.

You should be able to find raw cashews.  No oil, and very easy to like if you eat nuts for the nuts rather than what's applied to them.  Raw macadamias are 10 times better than roasted.

Beware raw cashews as they go bad quickly. If you are willing to put the time in though you can soak and dehydrate raw cashews and they are fantastic.

Trader Joe's has organic, salted, dry roasted cashews.  They are great.  Probably too great.  Don't sit down with a bag of them.  Under any circumstances.   ;)

I know these well. Hand to mouth hand to mouth hand to mouth...where did all the cashews go?

Archived