autoimmune recipes

timetochange

• 3 weeks later...

We eat a lot of soups now.....Well Fed has a silky ginger zucchini soup that is awesome.  It sounds weird but it's great on a cold morning.  You can add some chicken if you need a little more in there to fill your tummy.  We also make butternut squash soup.  If we have an acorn squash, we will add some of that too.  Tasty!

• 4 weeks later...

I ate a lot of dinner leftovers for breakfast when I did AIP. Zucchini and sweet potatoes are good breakfast veggies. I also made my own sausage patties with AIP-safe spices/herbs and kept a crockpot of bone broth going (google Empowered Sustenance bone broth for method) and had a mug of hot salted broth each morning. Sounds crazy, but it was pretty amazing!

If you're willing to add to your library, Diane Sanfilippo's "Practical Paleo" has a full 30-day meal plan for AIP. Some of it is throw-together meal ideas like tuna with avocado, lemon, and olives and other meals involve more prep.

I too found breakfast particular very difficult when following AIP. It is best to try and change your thinking to it being meal 1, rather than breakfast! Piece of fruit and lemon juice and water, raw veg... lunch I didn't find so difficult, soup, big bowls of salad, smoothies.. check out nom nom as well as Paleo mom as already mentioned, both really good. 

I too found breakfast particular very difficult when following AIP. It is best to try and change your thinking to it being meal 1, rather than breakfast! Piece of fruit and lemon juice and water, raw veg... lunch I didn't find so difficult, soup, big bowls of salad, smoothies.. check out nom nom as well as Paleo mom as already mentioned, both really good. 

A couple of clarifications:

- for best results, design each meal to fit the recommended meal template of protein, vegetables and fat. You want your meals to satiate you for 4-5 hours. Don't let fruit push vegetables off your plate at your meals.

- smoothies are discouraged on a Whole30. The idea is to chew your food vs drink it, as chewing is more satiating. More details in the Whole30 Can I Have Guide under Smoothies.

Archived