Vince Stegall

• Moderators

For kids or adults? Either way, you should be able to find good non-food things -- small bottles of lotion, chapstick/lip gloss, small toys (my mom one year got my sister, my brother-in-law, and myself little mini games, I think mine was a mini-operation, someone got mini tinkertoys, I can't remember what the other was -- not good for small children, too many tiny little parts, but a cute idea).

If you really want to put food stuff, oranges, apples, nuts, packages of raisins or dates, beef jerky.

For adults, especially if they cook, small jars of your favorite spice blends with a recipe to use them in.

• Moderators

More broadly, the culture of the Whole30/Whole9 would be to avoid treating food as treats or gifts. Food is to be enjoyed, but it is nourishment to make us healthy, not a reward. Stuff your stocking with anything you like, but something to eat.

And Larabars are not "APPROVED" during a Whole30, they are grudgingly accepted as emergency food that you might keep in the pocket of your car for when you get a flat tire and miss a meal while you deal with it. Given the liberal use of larabars, I would ban them during Whole30s.

For kids or adults? Either way, you should be able to find good non-food things -- small bottles of lotion, chapstick/lip gloss, small toys (my mom one year got my sister, my brother-in-law, and myself little mini games, I think mine was a mini-operation, someone got mini tinkertoys, I can't remember what the other was -- not good for small children, too many tiny little parts, but a cute idea).

If you really want to put food stuff, oranges, apples, nuts, packages of raisins or dates, beef jerky.

For adults, especially if they cook, small jars of your favorite spice blends with a recipe to use them in.

Thanks! This is specifically for adults. I like all of your ideas! :D

Also, I should've been more clear — food items for adults.

More broadly, the culture of the Whole30/Whole9 would be to avoid treating food as treats or gifts. Food is to be enjoyed, but it is nourishment to make us healthy, not a reward. Stuff your stocking with anything you like, but something to eat.

And Larabars are not "APPROVED" during a Whole30, they are grudgingly accepted as emergency food that you might keep in the pocket of your car for when you get a flat tire and miss a meal while you deal with it. Given the liberal use of larabars, I would ban them during Whole30s.

Thanks for your response! About 90% of Lara bars that I have found are unacceptable on Whole30, however, I have found about 5 kind that are acceptable in regards to ingredients. Though, I do understand that they shouldn't be part of your regular diet, but a last resort item, I haven't found anything that would discount them altogether. Thus, I would think that there are a few Lara bars that would be a good stocking stuffer. Your thoughts?

Set of metal measuring spoons

Small bottle of hot sauce, coconut aminos, etc.

Those little single-serving packets of nut butters

Instead of the old school 'orange in the bottom of the stocking' thing, find a tiny coconut and do the same thing :)

Archived