New--want to do this but...

llmom

I tried something similar last year (a no grain/no sugar of any type program) and quit after 10 days because I had lost 3 lbs and was STARVING!  I do not need to lose weight (I am actually quite thin), but I need to do this because I am tired constantly, brain fog, depressed, etc.  I crave sugar and grains a lot and am constantly hungry, but according to my dr everything is fine (blood tests, etc ok) 
How can I do this without losing weight and being constantly hungry?

• Administrators

Hi llmom, there is absolutely NO reason to be starving on Whole30, in fact that sort of feeling is somewhat discouraged.  We want you to eat.  In whatever quantities you need to feel your best, stave off hunger and improve health.

Check this article for tips on doing Whole30 without losing weight: http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

You can also check our template and ensure that you are eating to the middle or high end of it.  http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf

Great response above, its not at all a calorie restriction diet, so you should definitely not be hungry.  Thats not to say that slaying your sugar dragon will be easy, but there is a difference between that and hunger.

Best of luck to you!

To do this without being hungry, you need to eat fat. I know fat is scary, but its reputation is totally undeserved, and it keeps you fuller for longer than anything else will. It is more satiating per calorie than anything else.

Eat fat

I've seen it posted where some folks like you get very hungry.  The recommendation is typically to add more food (fat and protein) to the meals and, in the case of continued hunger, the prohibition or recommendation away from snacking is eased up.

I think getting used to the program in those first 3 or so days is a big hurdle.  Most people seem to even out a bit after those.

Archived