Not trying to lose weight - Is Whole30 ok?

asuschoolboy

Yes for sure. You will probably need to focus on keeping towards the upper end of the meal template and ensuring you eat enough starchy vegetables to replace glycogen from your level of cycling. There is lots of good advice in this section of the forum for you. You might also want to check out the website Stupid Easy Paleo as she is a friend of Whole30 and a former competitive cyclist and focuses a lot on the topic of fueling for competitive athletes.

I struggled with being hungry and having low energy the first week.  I run 50-70 miles per week and do crossfit.  I just kept tweaking the combinations of foods I was eating and how much, and good pre and post workout nutrients  I am a lot less hungry now at day 10, and my workouts have gotten closer to back to normal.  I hope that with more tweaking and finding more great foods for fuel, my fitness level will be better than before Whole 30.  I feel really good this week!   I am pretty thin, so I keep having to make sure I'm eating enough of the right things  I hope your whole 30 is great!  

Archived