Dirty Thirty "Roundup and Ride"!

dcducks1

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MegaG, the truck belongs to you.  The only reason I'm driving it today is because you're all jacked up on Booch!   You've had too much Hooch Booch and I have to drive you home.   We've all been celebrating your VICTORY.   

Kelli -  when it comes to advice for the ole 'BS'....{Blood Sugar}, SpinSpin is the Leader of the Pack.

NOOOOoooo one here is the Leader of the Snack.   We threw those things in a boiling mud pot.   The ground swallowed them up and really forgot its manners.....burp.  Ohhh, well.  Let's all swish our hands together and say Good Riddance. 

20100117_MG_6401.jpg

This is where the Sugar Dragon lives.   Think strong sulphur all throughout the air.

sulphur-7.jpg

He lives there and looks for anything he can grab....cookies, protein bars that are nothing but candy, all of it.  He makes the rounds at all of the grocery stores and mini marts.   Anything that's sugar - he takes...he's lurking, hiding in the piney woods.   He hands out free samples until you're hooked.  Would you like a cookie, lil girl?   He then lays back in the trees and you can hear him laughing, snorting through his nose and waiting for unsuspecting victims to walk by.   He's pretty onery.   Steer clear. 

These are the target blood sugars from Chris Kressler's blog.: Let's Take Back Your Health

Fasting blood sugar (FBS) < 86

Post meal one hour (PP 1) <140

Post meal two hour (PP2) <120

Post meal three hour (PP3) Back to baseline

I will post my lunch and dinner results and you can help me figure out what to do.

On another topic found out that Avocado oil is a FODMAP and it has been my primary source of fat. This is the link if you are interested.

http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-shopping-list-FODMAP.pdf

Kelli the Fodmap is just what you needed

In looking at it I found that

Some items in grey like garlic onions and avocado ( new) bother my husband but others like watermelon don't

So maybe it'll be trial and error what you may add back go slow

MeadowLily that Eataly looks wonderful

Many times we were in Boston never been there We'd go to Little Italy !

Love it there's a place in Salem NH similar called Tuscan Market we visit periodically and have a light lunch They sell everything from meats to pasta to gelato ..the kitchen is open so you can watch them making it while you enjoy your meal

We had asparagus for breakfast (I was generous) and both is us had digestive issues afterwards; so I think you are right that everyone is different. Will want to add back in avocado if I can tolerate it. Do plan on going slow.

I loved the Eatily too... that would be a  fun place to visit. Nothing better than finding a good place with healthy food.

Yes healthy eating is key to staying healthy

Less doctors less medicine less stress

Most people eat so unhealthy its second nature to them That's why they may find this so hard

I'm not used to eating out when we do eat out its special I enjoy the service atmosphere and order food I won't usually make It's the experience and the sociability of it that I rather like

I'm always cooking 3x7 so 21 meals per week

I happen to love it some don't like to cook or grocery shop and that's okay

So in reading throughout the forum I see that

And the reactions they go through from eating junk food

It never has to happen again if they'd only eat compliant most days post W30 if they do finish People want to bend the rules to suit them

It only leads them back to what got them here in the first place OR

They want to say they're following the latest FAD diet

We are liberated from all that kept us stuck

Kelli - I would certainly keep a log of your blood sugars to get a good idea where you are, and most definitely make sure you check when you are feeling low. Take the meter with you to bed so you have it right there next to you on your nightstand or dresser.

My dr wants me to wake up around 90, be at 72 before meals and 120 an hour after. So for me, it is good I am off grains and beans and dairy, otherwise I would be shooting up the insulin!

Running out the door!  

Archived